Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Baal Mf Trouble

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by txmielnik, Mar 18, 2005.

1. txmielnik

txmielnik IncGamers Member

Baal Mf Trouble

I'm using a lvl ** Fire sorc for MF

Meph is no problem kill in 5 secs.
    Baal is a pain because the last minions are fire immune, is it possible to do baal MF runs with a Pure fire MF sorc.

I have a Merc lvl ** (defensive act 2) he's using Gaze, Stone and a high end INFINITY CV.

But he still can't kill the Minions on his own.

Question i have is if i get him a Fortitude instead of his Stone and which the GAZE or a strength helm, would he be able to kill the minions by himself, i can static and blizzard some (lvl 7 blizzard!, can slow them down not damage)

Or is it not possible to MF on Hell Baal with a Pure Fire sorc.

2. MercenaryKnight

MercenaryKnight Banned

The only problem I could see is when the last minions come. My merc gets raped by them just about everytime because they can stun and kill the merc pretty fast. I would probably vote for impossible. If you have 2 computers you could try making a summoner necro and just having him join ur games to finish off the rest of the minions. Atleast with all the skels runnin around ur merc would take less hits.

3. Miladys-Knight

Miladys-Knight IncGamers Member

All you have to do is have the last set of minions follow you out of the throne room. As soon as the last one is out Baal will go down stairs.

4. gzvernon

gzvernon IncGamers Member

just so you know Infinity works best on lightning sorcs to have FULL effect.
    my lit sorc rapes ANY boss or normal monster in the game, Fort would DOUBLE his damage AT LEAST, so investing in one would be best for mfing baal

5. PoorCobbler

PoorCobbler IncGamers Member

get the merc fort becasue of the big damage increase :clap:

6. Minz mlf

Minz mlf IncGamers Member

Glacial spike can do wonders for your merc's lifespan. Also, DR and Reaper's Toll with decripify will keep him alive, as well. It's difficult and it takes a bit longer, but it works. You can lure the final minions out of the chamber too, no? Again, it will take a bit longer than just straight up killing them... but if you're dead set on Baal, I guess it works.

7. teck21

teck21 IncGamers Member

I don't know if it's impossible, but it sure sounds incredibly difficult to me. No merc I'm aware of can take on Lister and gang all the time, just sometimes or even at all.

Minz is right, luring them out is certainly alot more troublesome and slower than killing them outright. I'm not sure I'd have the patience to try and lure them out everytime. Imagine hopping around every single round just to try to get them to follow when all they wanna do is huddle around ina group hug! :)

I think maybe you should crate a light/cold Baal runner. As far as sorcs go, light/cold (or maybe just light or cold, but I wouldn't know since mine's L/C)sorcs really do own once they step into the chamber, especially when accompanied by an Infinity merc.

I have never been a huge fan of letting my merc kill anything on his own. To me, he's there to lower resistances and sandbag me from monsters while I kill them, fast to fast-ish depending on monster type.

And of course to handle cold cum light immunes (and there're no such regular monsters in the chamber of destruction), and sort of rescue me from Soul Drainers (or is it Burners? Whatever, those very deadly lightning thingys) since I do not have and lightning absorb on me. :)

teck