Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Baal MF Runs

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Vindus, Mar 29, 2004.

1. Vindus

Vindus IncGamers Member

Baal MF Runs

I have been playing this game since it came out and always seem to have the worst luck. I have tried countless character variants in 1.10 and none of them seem to be able to survive in hell and use a decent amount of magic find equipment at the same time. I have a barb that does pit runs with about 204% MF and I have been running the pits for months and I have never found a single elite unique or decent exceptional unique. What character has the highest survivability in hell baal runs and the pits while being able to use a good amount of magic find and still kill at a fairly fast rate? I don't think its possible with any character but maybe I'm wrong. Any suggestions are welcome.

-Vindus

2. xinu

xinu IncGamers Member

sorceress is usually pretty good.

3. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

Blizz sorc, hammerdin or skellimancer. Meph, pits, mausoleum, Chaos Sanctuary.

4. EBZeroMatrix

EBZeroMatrix IncGamers Member

Meteorb sorc with tals is decent. I have it and, a 3 perfect diamonded head hunters shield, couple of nagels, magefists, resist+mf ammy, and war travs, gheeds, 5 7%mf small charms, and I have max resists in hell, and I do pretty decent (dying every now and then). Got 321 mf, 361 if I ever switch to my perfect chancies.

5. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

@300 here with my zon, 1 min a5su runs, 5 min pit runs.

used to do 600% with my necro, but he's too slow.

mephrunning sorc currently does @300, but i didn't make her armor yet.

6. sangfagel

sangfagel IncGamers Member

My expirience with my ladder FB/Blizz sorc (Tal set) is just amazing. I have got ALL 6 big sets (some trading was involved but not much). I found 2 Tal armour and 2 amus for instance, 49% wt, shako, 2 Skullders - tons of good stuff. Her mf is ~400 and it is preatty enough.
    I am getting tired explaining principles for effective m-finding though. Nobody want to listen and the same missconceptions emerges again and again :lol:

7. steve2677

steve2677 IncGamers Member

Hmm my amazon does extremely well in baal runs and i have about 300% mf on her. I use a javan with lf maxed charged strike maxed lots in valk and passives. I am now currently maxing i think lightning strike @ lvl 91. I have no trouble doing diablo runs as well even though there are alot of light immune monsters. I have a question for you....do you have a suitibly good merc and is he at the same lvl as you. Sometimes thats all it takes to make a mf char survivable. I use an act 2 def merc with holy freeze and reapers toll. He usually takes out all the light immune monsters byhimself and slows bosses down with decrepify pretty good.

P.S. the trick is to get the merc if you dont have one and actually lvl him even though you may seem its tedious. He'll pay off in the end:D

8. mugentim

mugentim IncGamers Member

I Have About 400 On My Meteorb Sorc And All I Do Is Pindle And Eldridch Somedays I Find Lots Of Good Stuff, Like One Day I Foune Tal's Armor And Glad. Bane Within 4 Games, And A Gf Another Day. All Dropped My Pindle. But Most Of The Time Its Just Rare Junk. Which You Can Sell Then Go Gambling For Stuff. I Always Gamble For Ammys I Got 2 Plus 2 To Skill Rare Ammys Out Of That. And A Rare Ghost Spear With 289%ed + 1-190 Lightning Damage.

I Think Doing Quick Short Runs Are Better Than Doing Long Runs.