Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Baal MF question.

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by ferretgod, Feb 24, 2004.

1. ferretgod

ferretgod IncGamers Member

Baal MF question.

I have very interesting luck running Baal in Hell, so I want to see if I am the only one.

I have a lvl 86 Summon necro who can safely run baal in about 20 min a pop. No the problem is out of 20 or so runs I did I have only seeing one set (trangs gloves) and nor Unique at all.

Necro is lvl 86 with 330 MF. I have tried increasing my MF to 450 with the same result.

2. Zenkat

Zenkat IncGamers Member

From Baal himself? or everyone of the bosses in the worldstone as well?

I'd suggest you kill absolutely everything to get a better chance of finding good items. Baal himself just stiffs me all the time. Not worth the effort if youre just going to kill only him, imo.

3. ferretgod

ferretgod IncGamers Member

Well since I am not reach enogh for enigma I am letting my skellys have there way with everyone along the way. I have not run baal long enough to get something nice along the way, but I have seeing a fair number of mud levl uniques drop. But if I whanna run in lvl 85 area, puts are a lot easyer and do not have black souls running around.

So I guess main question is for baal himself, since he can drop anything, but the drops are so poor, I am begging to question the need to run him.

How may of you are using baal as prime MF stumping ground, and how often he drops something woth keeping?

4. st-hearts

st-hearts IncGamers Member

It's rare for him to drop anything of real value, at least as far as I'm concerned (1/30 runs seems to pay off for me, relatively well)

~Hearts~

5. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

i've heard the best way to do baal runs is to create a game with a char that hasn't done the quest yet, and then kill baal with your runner, so that you can get the "uber" drop.

on a side note, there's an old bug where if you leave the area for like 30 seconds, the boss drops reverts to rakinishu's tc, but i'm not sure if it still exists. if you are getting non-boss drops (4 items, 3 of which are potions/arrows,) then you are leaving him alone too long.

1 unique in 120 items seems about what i am getting doing a5su's.

6. sasja

sasja IncGamers Member

I think it's the other way around - have a runner who hasn't completed the quest, but make the game with a Patriarch/Matriarch. That way the runner's quest will stay open, but as the kill will be made by someone who hasn't completed the quest, Baal will drop as a first kill.