Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

baal knockback wave

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by sensei, May 5, 2005.

1. sensei

sensei IncGamers Member

baal knockback wave

i really want to know what determines if baal will knock you back or not with his flying V cold attack. i thought that maybe if you wore heavy armor instead of med or light you wouldnt get thrwon back but i havent tested it

2. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster IncGamers Member

Hm, I've been wondering about that too, I think the most logic answer here is your blocking. Maybe cannote be frozen has a role in it too, but I'd assume that high blocking works against hoar frost like it works against Diablo's Red Lightning Hose.

3. Harleyquin

Harleyquin IncGamers Member

I think your cold resist helps too, my characters are normally pushed back lots if their cold resists is less than 75.

Positioning of your character when the wave hits probably matters too, if you're in the centre of the V you'll increase the chances of getting pushed back more

4. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Ignore this :rolleyes:

5. krischan

The wedge won't knock you back if you are doing an uninterruptible attack, like WW, or if you are standing in melee range. I'm not 100% sure, but the wedge attack might be evaded by a zon or by a barb jumping over it. It won't help if you cannot be frozen.

6. sensei

sensei IncGamers Member

i want to know this for my hammerdin who is wearin a ravenfrost, has 75 all resist and has max block. and he gets knocked back alot. and he is in melee range to cast hammers

7. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

I'm almost sure that Assasins with Weapon Block can avoid being knocked back.

8. krischan

Resists, absorb, blocking (not sure about wqeapon blocking of assassins) and Ravenfrost won't help. When my hammerdin is in melee range (i.e. he bumps into Baal from the bottom), he doesn't get knocked back.

9. phool

phool IncGamers Member

Being very near works for my barb - maximum range though with a bardiche isn't enough, you need to be near enough for a short sword. using blade fury tends to work for my assassin, concentrate and WW works too. U can jump over with leap attack. My druids on the other hand, however close, still get knocked back whatever. Weapon block works, immunity to freeze and shield block doesn't.

10. djIgneo

djIgneo IncGamers Member

It would be my educated guess that it works like knockback typically does, that is for mid-sized (people-sized) characters it works 50% of the time. It obviously wouldn't knock you back if you dodged or blocked the attack, if you truly can block that spell from baal.