Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Baal Killing Ideas For My Skellimancer

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Ado, Jun 30, 2005.

1. Ado

Ado IncGamers Member

Baal Killing Ideas For My Skellimancer

Hi Guys,

I'm getting ready to start solo baal runs with my Skelly only Necro (+ might merc and golem ofcourse) and was after some ideas on the quickest way to take down Baal.

Waiting with baited breath........

Ado

2. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

I never felt the need for special measures just to take down Baal a few seconds faster...

However, if you do, you can use crushing blow gear with your merc.

3. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

Step 1 : get your minions around baal. Golem is perhaps the most important one.

Step 2 : cast decrepify on him

Step 3 : watch as his life slowly goes down, repeating step 2 as needed.

Crushing blow makes his life drop faster, as does a high damage weapon on your merc and lots of +skills for skellies. The ONLY act boss that ever gave me problems with a non twinked skellimancer was diablo in normal. Once you get decrepify and a good level of skeletons, you laugh.

4. Ado

Ado IncGamers Member

How long would you expect it to take your skellies to nail him with a non crucshing blow merc doing about 4-5 k damage???

5. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Hard to say. Depends on the amount of +skills you have and your level.

6. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

I don't even bother trying to make sure all my skellies plus merc plus golem can get to him. When I enter the chamber, I run down, towards the gold piles at the lower end of the screen, then up again until I can see Baal. I cast Gumby on him and decrep him, running past him towards the upper end of the map.

This is basically an attempt to get as many skellies/mages to follow me as possible, rather than getting stuck at the right side of the map. Doesn't always work out, and usually Baal gets stuck at one side of his "street", so quite a few skellies/merc can't hit him. If possible I relocate Gumby to hit him from above, to make room for another skelly.

As you can see, I don't have teleport :) But it works out, and Baal goes down easily. I could make a TP next to him to gather my crowd, but I'm too lazy for complicated tactics like this... I just go in and kill him, *then* I tp out.

7. Deaths Jaws

Deaths Jaws IncGamers Member

ok ive just started baal hunting with my skellimancer and have found the best thing is to have crushing blow gear and a high level (mines armourd level 13-15) clay golem. yes thats right...lil gumby. this is due to his slow ability. it means i can safely AMP DAMAGE him and not have to worry bout anything as he is slow as a mofo once gumby starts hitting/getting hit.

some may say decrep him. yes that works very well if you dont have a ***% slows monster weapon on your merc or a lower level gumby. another good thing about amp damage over decrep is that it increases crushing blow damage by almost half i believe (could be 25% but its better than just decrepting him).

to do this u really need ur merc to have a little life leech as he will be taking the blows also.

anotehr thing i have tryed out is to use NightFishe's CB mance strat. give ur necro goblins toe/gore riders, a 6 socket fast weapon with 4 eth's and 2 sheals (im using phase blade cos im a max blocker and have the dex already and its already a very fast weapon) and have guliams face (orphans set helm...35% CB 15% OW i believe socketed with a 15% IAS jewel). i have the goblin toes so have about 55% cb chance myself and my merc has Tomb Reaver and another guliams face (or however you spell it...also with an IAS jewel) he goes down VERY fast like this.

have your skellies hoe into him and try to get 1 or 2 cold mages...they may help slow him down at the start so you can orginise your forces...decrep maybe to start with if you dont have teleport so you can charge him reasonably safely then once your in there with him amp him and he is dea in under a minute or so.

make sure you back off yourself before he dies and switch to mf switch/gear.

just my 2 cents. im yet to loose a skellie to baal...mages are a different mater though....

also try to revive from the minions as many councel members and venom lords...they help distract him.

Jaws....

8. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

CB damage can't be increased. It is a fixed percentage based damage.

9. Frosty_The_Snowman

Frosty_The_Snowman IncGamers Member

I usually Teleport right on top of him, so he's surrounded with my 15 skeletons + merc + gumby. After that, the 40% CB of my Infinity Merc take him down really fast (with amp damage) :D

10. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Unsummoning your CG and not decrepping Baal until he teleports out into the open can help get more skeletons surrounding him but I prefer to hit him with the CG and decrep right away because he can never seem to clone himself once slowed and surrounded.