Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Baal is a worthless jerk

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Sszark, May 7, 2005.

1. Sszark

Sszark IncGamers Member

Baal is a worthless jerk

I hate Baal. I have run this stupid-looking creature in hell for some time and not once has he given me something worthwhile.

Nothing is more frustrating than having this guy drop 3 magic items, a rare flying knife, and Isenhart's (anything).

Mephisto takes some coaxing, but he gives me Ravenfrosts and Blackhorn's Faces and Hellslayers and other stuff.

Also "Baal runs" are never about Baal, they are always about the champions before him. So not only does he get credit for a lot of cool-looking monsters, he also drops ROTTING DOG TRIPE.

2. ayax_2k4

ayax_2k4 IncGamers Member

That's relative, i've gotten very nice stuff out of him, high end sets and uniques. When a baalrun is over, go in and kill baal, in about 10 runs you'll get quite a lot of things worth keeping... :thumbsup:

3. phool

phool IncGamers Member

you can speed up baal runs, if the minions are hard, by drawing them away from baal and then running back leaving them behind. Baal will summon the next load of minions (or enter the chamber, depending). Just remember the previous load will remain.

I prefer Meph runs myself, because Baal runs take quite a lot longer and his minions drop far worse stuff than the council members. But Baal does drop better stuff.

4. Twoflower

Twoflower Banned

hmm i have to say i hate mf runs in general... foun dmore good things when rushing a char trough nightmare than in 15 hell runs ( travi - meph - shenk - pindle - eldrich - baal ) !!!!!

i m realy doubting the concept of mf runs :mad:

5. Artagas

Artagas IncGamers Member

6. super_gray

super_gray IncGamers Member

Nope..

I sympathise with you for using Geocities though :p

7. Ebuski

Ebuski IncGamers Member

I've gotten a lot of high end uniques off baal, my most notable would probably be a +2 all arkaines.. Patience is the key.

8. zirilion

zirilion IncGamers Member

Artagas
    lol dude
    i had even a better one
    ill see if i can get a secreen shot if i get another one :p
    well basicly it was the same exept the top 2 items :D
    and that was me with 593% mf back then

9. D2Freak91776

D2Freak91776 IncGamers Member

You think that he drops crap? I ran him a few times hell in 8 player games. 4 times in a row he dropped a unique Amulet. They were all mahim oaks...

10. dave

dave IncGamers Member

11. SeDnA

SeDnA IncGamers Member

For me... the only useful uniques baal dropped after ~150 runs are sandstormtreks(with crappy stats, like 10/12/4x, or something close) and titansrevenge(gave to a friend).

12. front243

front243 IncGamers Member

Baal dropped Halaberd's Reign a few weeks ago to me, I am not sure how useful it is though as I don't play Barb so much. First time I found it.

13. jkilla74

jkilla74 IncGamers Member

Guys I am a level 41 Druid. I am having alot of trouble with Baal, Is there a strategy to beat him???

14. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Sure. You see there's this little box that pops up in the lower right hand corner every time you get a level. Click on it this time. Select skills. Use skills rather than attempting to beat on Baal with the stick you started with.

Also, go back to earlier easier portions of the game and left click on items to pick them up. Now hit "I" for inventory so you can equip them paperdoll style. If you see any blue, yellow, green, or gold ones you have to identify those before putting them on. You can do this by talking to Deckard Cain or buying "identify" scrolls and books from magic merchants in towns.

If you've already tried both of these things, perhaps you should let us know what kind of skills you've selected and what items you have so we have the vaguest clue as to how to help you out.

15. Harleyquin

Harleyquin IncGamers Member

Steady on Pherdnut, some forum users shouldn't be subject to such heavy sarcasm even though their questions are vague. Flame wars are made of these incidents...

16. Gorny

Gorny Banned

That was rough...and uncalled for.

17. NateDawg

NateDawg IncGamers Member

Lmao, well this IS a very old game, and people are STILL noobs at it? They deserve flamage.

Anyways: I found and etheral 1o/s tomb reaver from him, thats the best i've seen so far, not bad.

However I <3 Pindle. I got an etheral VALOR from the beast, lots of shakos, occys, unique boots and nice sets. :D

18. Gorny

Gorny Banned

What ? So you are saying that if someone buys the game, is new to it, and deserves to get flamed ?

That's total BS.

people that encourage flaming or do it are risking a warning at the least...more like a ban.

19. FrozenHavoc

FrozenHavoc IncGamers Member

Be nice and always remember...you were once a "noob" to someone else too :lol:

20. Geeno

Geeno IncGamers Member

on this note I find that many forum goers arent as helpful as they once were.

Seems the lot of you just sit around talking about perf botd's whatever that may be.