Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Baal GCs

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by poisonxfree, May 12, 2005.

1. poisonxfree

poisonxfree IncGamers Member

Baal GCs

So I got a Baal GC the other day. I was in a hell baal run, he dropped it, I snatched it. So I know that it definitely is a Baal gc. I id'ed it and it was pretty worthless so I kept it for rolling.

The first time I rolled, within 6-7 rolls I got a Barb warcries skiller which I gave to my roommate since I'm not a big fan of Barbs. That was the an NM Act3 gc because I heard those were good for rolling.

The second time was about a week and a half ago. I picked up another NM Act3 gc [around the Great March as last time, because that's what I was recommended from these forums] and I had about 70-80 pgems. I rolled with all of them and got nothing. Zilch. So I figure I was pretty lucky my first time getting one so quick, am I right?

So now with the Ball gc, I see a great opportunity to roll. I had about 27 pgems so I rolled 9 times. Again, nothing at all.

My question is after these 9 rolls is it still a "Ball GC"? I know there's something about the ilvl that has to do with it, but how can I tell that? I mean, it's required level has changed many times from each roll. Does it currently have the same potential to roll a skiller with another mod as it did right after it dropped from Baal?

2. Gorny

Gorny Banned

If Baal himself dropped it in hell, it still is a Baal Charm. Even if you reroll it a million times.

3. poisonxfree

poisonxfree IncGamers Member

Thanks for the quick reply, does anyone happen to know the chances of rolling any skiller? How many pgems should I throw away before finally stopping?

And finally, I assume it's best if I keep this one for all future rolling, am I right?

4. Sharaz

Sharaz IncGamers Member

me personally, i save up about 600 pgems (7 full mules worth), and then ill go to town on the gcs i have put away. i keep the ones from diablos chaos sanc, and from baal minions, and baal himself. i can usually get 6-8 skillers from 600ish pgems. usually you can hit a skiller at about 25-30 rolls, but sometimes you get one that just doesnt want to roll your way. me... i keep rolling on it until its something i want to keep. (all tho i haev rolled skillers back to back rolls, 2 times on different days, so far!)

13-15 all resists i keep, 120+AR/20+ life i keep as well.

for me, i scramble for every fgem i see. in baal runs, i take my pally to chaos. no one there to challenge me for any unique drops or fgems. finally, i keep anything that might be useful to someone else when i MF (which is almost daily), and i just trade stuff for pgems.

5. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

skillers arent all you're looking for .. in fact if you get a bad one like barb mastery/combat, necro curses without a godly 2nd mod, i would reroll it if it was a baal gc.

things to automatically stop for:

a mid-high value skiller with 20+ life, 6 str (6 dex on certain ones), 7 frw, 12 fhr.

100+ ar/30+ life or 130+ ar/20+ life, 130 ar/12 fhr i would guess goes for a lot, as wouold 130+/6 str probably

10 max/65+ ar/30+ life or 10/65+/12 fhr, 7 frw, 6 stats, etc.

15 res all/30+ life

anything worth less than what a baal gc is worth, you should reroll. on east ladder, baal gcs are um each so any charm you roll = um+ in value you should probably keep.

6. SirLardsAlot

SirLardsAlot IncGamers Member

What makes a GC dropped by Baal different than any other GC?

7. nepeta

nepeta IncGamers Member

The ItemLevel (Ilvl) is 99, which means it can get an affix with 40-45 in the * of vita range. For a complete listing of affixes check here. The point is rather lost on me though, a UeberDiablo GC would kick ass, with up to 50 hp :p Come to think of it, what's that 10 hp going to do...

8. Shaigon

Shaigon IncGamers Member

Highest item lvl to achieve I believe.

9. distancepieman

distancepieman IncGamers Member

It's the highest level charm that can be dropped in the game. You could roll it into a pally combat with 45 (i think up to 45...) life, good luck finding that on another gc.

I work about the same as Sharaz, except I don't mule my pgems, I just roll as I get them. I trade off all kinds of stuff in games for pgems that net me much better deals because the common bnet kid doesn't realize that pgems have value.
    ex. i have traded a shako for anywhere between 15 and 40 pgems. There is no way anyone here would pay 40 pgems for a shako.

Instead of selling those mid-uniques to charsi for gambling gold, sell them to pubbies for gambling pgems!

~Bails