BA worth getting for Fishy..

Currently have:

20 Raise Skelly
20 Skelly Mastery
20 CE
5 Amp Damage
8 Summon Resist
5 Revive

I have 1 point in all curses including LR, 1 point in all of summons including Fire Golem (i sometimes use to pull in mobs with its aura). All of this at level 86-87 or so.

Is it worth putting 1 point in BA if I'm NOT going to get the synergies?

Also would like tips on my build :) This is my first char coming back from like... the longest break (right when the synergies and uber patch came out)!

Ed from Russia

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: BA worth getting for Fishy..

Some tips:
- a point in BA and the rest in a synergy is not a waste; it might save you now and then.
- 5 points in Revive is not necessary, 5 points in Amp is not necessary; 8 points in Summon resist is not necessary - KEEP THEM ALL AT 1; with semi-decent equipment they will both be around 10-15, which is plenty.
- Spend the points you have left in one of the following: Bone Armor synergies, Mages, Dim Vision or Golem Mastery. All are good options. The most common is mages but I am a big fan of DV because it eliminates all potential threats (Gloams, Vipers, Dolls, ...)
- Use the Clay Golem, invest only 1 pt. He's the strongest tank and the slow effect is useful against bosses
- Get a point in Decrepify for bosses.

Forney

Diabloii.Net Member

Is it worth putting a few points into clay golem for greater slow effect? Is it noticable or should i say f it and be happy with the slow it provides and use decrep?

Ed from Russia

Diabloii.Net Member

Is it worth putting a few points into clay golem for greater slow effect? Is it noticable or should i say f it and be happy with the slow it provides and use decrep?
No 1 pt is enough, use your points elsewhere. Together with Decrep bosses will barely move.

If you have just a few points left you can spend them on:
- Summon Resist, especially if that gives you more than 2-3% extra (i.e. if your gear is bad)
- Amp Damage - the extra radius is convenient
- Bone Armor synergies

lumpor

Diabloii.Net Member

I second what ed from russia said. Summon resist, revive and amp all 1. I think you should only invest skill points into ba and synergies if you're done with mages, golem mastery and dim vision. I prefer to have dim vision at level 1 with +skills, but it's entirely based on your opinion. I wouldn't recommend ba though

Hello Jim

Diabloii.Net Member

I agree with the guys above me. I think BA, dim vision and amp doesn't need the extra point, but the beautiful thing about the summoner is that you don't really NEED skills over 70, so you can disturbe them as you wish.
I would go with mages myself for bigger army and cute dmg (plus psn).

Also, I would use Fire Golem as well. the distracting aura is great. Clay is more for bosses, but Dece is very good enough. 1 point in Golem is enough (unless you wanna do an uber IG^^)

sangfagel

Diabloii.Net Member

1 point in ba is worth it. It will give you immunity to ph part of damage of first hit taken. It should in most situations give you these couple of frames you need to save your ***. :thumbup:

After this first point just don´t bother any more. If you really don´t have better use for your skill points (what you allways have) you will get more absorb for points in synergies than in ba itself.

lumpor

Diabloii.Net Member

Can I just ask what ph is? Cause even at low levels I don't have any big use for level 1 unsynergized bone armor on my boner

HCKull

Diabloii.Net Member

I want my clay golem to withstand the bad guys for more than 10 secs in hell. A 1 point clay golem and 1 point in resists with + skills from equipment will not withstand elite souls in Hell. When he evaporates my nec is the next target and that is not a good thing.

Scudstorm

Diabloii.Net Member

Can I just ask what ph is? Cause even at low levels I don't have any big use for level 1 unsynergized bone armor on my boner
By ph sangfagel meant physical.

Curiously, my own fishy is at lvl 60 in nm a5 with his lvl1 unsynergized bone armor, and I still think it's worth it. I'm one of those strange ppl who use Arm of King Leoric as main weapon, and as you would surely know if you did it too, it has a nasty bone prison proc who goes off right around your necro if a melee monster hits you (basically trapping you with the monster). I found that a few recasts of bone armor were often enough to keep me alive until the bone prison wears off, or at least until my skellies make a corpse nearby for me to CE (and kill my prison buddy).