Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

B.net annoyance

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Shambler, Feb 7, 2004.

1. Shambler

Shambler IncGamers Member

B.net annoyance

Ok, so I MF every now and then and keep a lot of crap on different characters. Today I wanted to make a new character and after he got up in lvls, I wanted to transfer some items to him.. unfortunately none of my friends were online, so I couldn't ask them to mule.

Instead I created a game and idled there for a little while, to make sure that the game would stay. I drop a few items - join with my new character and pick them up. So far so good. Unfortunately, the items that I wanted on this new character were on different characters, meaning that I had to exit, select char, join game, drop item, back, select new char, etc.etc.. and with b.net's "anti-bot-protection" or whatever it is, this means that I eventually get kicked off, with the message that I am unable to log on to battle.net.

What else is there to do? I trust absolutely no-one when it comes to muling items.

2. Fearox

Fearox IncGamers Member

If you have no friends who can help you (and apparently you don't since you say "I trust absolutely noone") the only safe way is getting another computer with Diablo II installed. But getting a friend you can trust is a lot cheaper... And everyone aren't thieves you know. Have a little faith in humanity and everything will be just fine :)

3. ahcw

ahcw IncGamers Member

If for some reason you don't take fearox's advice and still have no faith in humanity, you can still mule the way you do, just be patient. Wait awhile in between mules, I mean is it really that difficult. Join a game, alt + tab, read something new in the forums/go to the bathroom/(insert quick activity here). I self mule a lot if my friends aren't on and I haven't had problems since my first 10 min ban. Patience my friend, patience.

4. spiderman2k9

spiderman2k9 Banned

you have 3 options:

1) obtain two different cd keys, install on 2 different computers. This requires a router with multiple ip's or different internet connections.

2) if you have win xp, you can mule with one computer, however you still need to obtain 2 different cd keys. first you install diablo 2 under an administrative account. then rename the entire program folder to something else (ie. Diablo 2.1, Diablo Two, etc). now make a different administrative account, log in, install with different cd key. you now have 2 copies of diablo 2 under two different folder names so you can access each cd key with each. You can now log on bnet twice and mule with yourself this way.

3) you don't know me, but if you play on us east ladder (or non-ladder for that matter), you can play with me so we can gain eachother's trusts. this way i, or any other friend you make, can help you mule.