Azurewrath

MFMOFO

Banned
Azurewrath

Ok... i've read a lot of stuff and got a little confused. I've got a couple of questions.

Azurewrath
Phase Blade
One-Hand Damage: (102-114) To (115-129) (108.5-121.5 Avg)
Required Level: 85
Required Strength: 25
Required Dexterity: 136
Base Weapon Speed: [-30]
+230-270% Enhanced Damage (varies)
+30% Increased Attack Speed
Adds 250-500 Magic Damage
Adds 250-500 Cold Damage, 10 sec. Duration (Normal)
+1 To All Skills
+5-10 To All Attributes (varies)
Level 10-13 Sanctuary Aura When Equipped (varies)
Indestructible
+3 To Light Radius

I've looking for this item for 4 months now.
I based my build entirely on it and can't go back now. Can i find THIS Azurewrath in single player ???
I've never seen any version azurewrath in my life. Can someone tell me how a 1.09 azurewrath is?

Thx in advance.
May the Force be with you!

whomhead

Diabloii.Net Member
That Azurewrath can be found in 1.10 Single Player. Your best bet for it is Hell Mephisto.

The 1.09 version was a Crystal Sword with something like 10-20 damage added, some cold damage, and like 30% ED. That's from memory, so don't hold me to it. It, of course, no longer drops in 1.10.

frosty

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes you can find it in SP, just not off pindle.

Azurewrath
Crystal Sword
One-Hand Damage: 10 to 30
Durability: 11 of 45
Required Strength: 43
Required Level: 13
Sword Class - Normal Attack Speed
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 52
Fingerprint: 0xb47903cb
+100% Enhanced Damage
Adds 5-10 magic damage
Adds 3-6 cold damage over 4 seconds
+25 Maximum Durability
10% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
50% Deadly Strike

This one is rather cute, I would say. :lol:

Also note that the game rarely drops what you want. If it does, I will be drowning in Stormlashes, Death webs and high runes. :D

edit: whommy's example is the sword above.

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
MFMOFO said:
I based my build entirely on it and can't go back now.
Erm, you base your build on an item you can use at level 85? How will you get there if that is actually true?

MFMOFO

Banned
Nightfish said:
Erm, you base your build on an item you can use at level 85? How will you get there if that is actually true?
Its an enchantress sorc with maxed cold mastery. I can deal with fire immunes till there with merc + friends. I usually play my characters till lvl 95 or so. Those 10 lvls will greatly appreciate that item.

Johney

Diabloii.Net Member
MFMOFO said:
Its an enchantress sorc with maxed cold mastery. I can deal with fire immunes till there with merc + friends. I usually play my characters till lvl 95 or so. Those 10 lvls will greatly appreciate that item.
I've been away from d2 for a while, but it doesn't seem to make sense to place 20 skill pints to help with the 250-500 cold dmg.....

MFMOFO

Banned
Johney said:
I've been away from d2 for a while, but it doesn't seem to make sense to place 20 skill pints to help with the 250-500 cold dmg.....
+ cold damage from 2 ravenfrosts + cold damage from charms.
Anyway, is just a way to deal with fire immunes.
Enchantress have a lot of spare skill points. But i don't like to use damage skills like FO or something in my meele sorcs.
I've used Nord's in the past. And it works for me. But nords is ugly. Nothing can compare the looks of a sword.

Johney

Diabloii.Net Member
MFMOFO said:
Enchantress have a lot of spare skill points. But i don't like to use damage skills like FO or something in my meele sorcs.
I've used Nord's in the past. And it works for me. But nords is ugly. Nothing can compare the looks of a sword.
Well, then you didn't really base a build around it did you :) You just want it cause it's pretty. The only advice i can give you is run lvl 85 areas alot, or hell meph(but i don't remember if meph can drop it)

have fun.

Azurewrath (1.09)
12-32 Damage
35 Durability
43 Str Required
Item Level: 18
Clvl Req: 13
50% Chance of Deadly Strike
10% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items Adds 3-6 cold damage,
4 Seconds Cold Length
+100% Enhanced Damage
+25 Increased Durability
Adds 5-10 magic damage
Range: 1 Weapon Speed: 0

Personally, i prefere the 1.10 version myself.:lol:
And making a build designed to use a weapon that isnt available until youve most likely completed the game is kind of a waste, especially as johney pointed out, you spent 20 points in CM that is most likely useless until you find that sword and get to lvl 85.

MFMOFO

Banned
Johney said:
Well, then you didn't really base a build around it did you :) You just want it cause it's pretty. The only advice i can give you is run lvl 85 areas alot, or hell meph(but i don't remember if meph can drop it)

have fun.
Well... once i get it the build will change around it :lol:
Anyways thanks everyone.

May the Force be with you!
And may pindle drop a Windforce everyday foy you!

whomhead

Diabloii.Net Member
Seriously people, if he wants to use Azurewrath on an enchantress, then he can and should go for it. It may not be an optimal use of (OMG) 20 whole skill points, but that's besides the point. He's got a build, so let him do it. Good? Good.

killian27

Diabloii.Net Member
I personally think the lightsabre is sexier... and if i ever find a second one, i will finish my dual-sword weilding frenzy barb.

so, definately i can relate to a build based on an item you find to be kewl.

MFMOFO

Banned
farting bob said:
Azurewrath (1.09)
12-32 Damage
35 Durability
43 Str Required
Item Level: 18
Clvl Req: 13
50% Chance of Deadly Strike
10% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items Adds 3-6 cold damage,
4 Seconds Cold Length
+100% Enhanced Damage
+25 Increased Durability
Adds 5-10 magic damage
Range: 1 Weapon Speed: 0

Personally, i prefere the 1.10 version myself.:lol:
And making a build designed to use a weapon that isnt available until youve most likely completed the game is kind of a waste, especially as johney pointed out, you spent 20 points in CM that is most likely useless until you find that sword and get to lvl 85.
Hey!!! What are you saying?!?!? You made a PHYSIC HAMMER Assassin!!! :lol:

MFMOFO

Banned
farting bob said:
My hammers do more damage than that sword, even with a deadly strike! :p
Nah... i want the 1.10 azurewrath not that crap from 1.09 :)
And i think even that 1.09 crap do more damage that your hammers!! :D

pharaoh

Diabloii.Net Member
MFMOFO said:
Frostwind is one of the coolest-looking swords (on your character, I mean, not in the inventory screen) in the game. It looks like a blue lightsabre, until you use Enchant.

My swords-only assassin uses it, and it rocks the socks off just about anything. Between the physical and cold damage inherent in the sword, massive poison damage from Venom, and some fire damage from Enchant (from Demon Limb; more for the AR% than the damage), she really cleans up. It would seem to be a very good option for a melee sorcy as well, since it's a) fairly fast, b) adds a whack of cold damage, and c) freezes targets. The only downside is the low minimum damage, but since your damage would be mainly elemental, this isn't a big issue.

Other excellent options include:
  • Lightsabre (especially if you have Lightning Mastery)
  • Hexfire (+3 fire skills = a decent amount of extra Enchant damage, and ignore target defense means you'll hit almost every swing; it's really fast too)
  • Crescent Moon in a phase blade (again, especially useful if you've got points in LM, and the wolves can be used as decoys in tight places; ITD on this one too)
  • Kingslayer (the Open Wounds, Prevent Monster Heal, and Crushing Blow are great for killing bosses, Berserk is a lifesaver vs. Iron Maiden, and both Berserk and Vengeance will make killing FI monsters a lot easier; make this in a superior phase blade with %ED if you can)
  • Gimmershred (probably only useful if you're working with all three masteries, but then, it will deal massive elemental damage, and the option to throw is always nice when under an IM curse or fighting certain nasties)

Johney

Diabloii.Net Member
whomhead said:
Seriously people, if he wants to use Azurewrath on an enchantress, then he can and should go for it. It may not be an optimal use of (OMG) 20 whole skill points, but that's besides the point. He's got a build, so let him do it. Good? Good.
But is it wise to build a char around an item your not likely to find? (after you find it then go for it, but before seems a bit too optimistic for me)

whomhead

Diabloii.Net Member
Johney said:
But is it wise to build a char around an item your not likely to find? (after you find it then go for it, but before seems a bit too optimistic for me)
Wisdom, it seems to me, has very little to do with it. Games are about fun. If its fun for him to plan and build this char, then the game is working.

MFMOFO

Banned
Johney said:
Impossible to find? It is only impossible because you don't beleive it.(this do not aply to uber runes :D )
Someday i'll find it... unti there i'll play with my friends or play other characters.

Johney

Diabloii.Net Member
MFMOFO said:
Impossible to find? It is only impossible because you don't beleive it.(this do not aply to uber runes :D )
Someday i'll find it... unti there i'll play with my friends or play other characters.
I didn't say impossible, I said not likely.

As for a game being about fun, i'm just offering advice. He can do whatever he wants, and i presume will.