Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Azurewrath for durance

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by hittitian, Mar 10, 2004.

1. hittitian

hittitian IncGamers Member

Azurewrath for durance

I was wondering if I need to put this in pally or barb forum.

Yesterday I got azurewrath from pit runs, and was wondering how I can use this nice cute weapon in a maxum efficiency. I looked for what sactuary aura does on pally skill section and found that it knocks back undeads and does a little bit of magic dmg. Soon, what I realized is that this might be interesting if I give this to my MF barb for Meph runs.

I have thought that it is now almost impossible to do Meph MF run with a barb because it is like a suicide to run through huge durance 2nd to get durance 3rd entrance with a regular barb w/o enigma. Without teleport, it will take forever to find it or die swamped by fana/might dolls even before get to it.

Then, how about with sanctuary aura? It should knocks back any undead on the run except that fat-a$$ maulers. There are no demons there in durance 2nd as far as I know and the santuary aura from azurewrath should do a perfect role of shielding from dolls attack.

Has anyone tried this before? I know people say, "well, simply get a tele sorce.", but I'm sure once if get to meph barbs should do his job pretty fast. And, I had this weird impression that melee MFers usually get better drops than magic mfers, whether you believe it or not.

2. sahlakh

sahlakh IncGamers Member

well, simply get a tele sorce!

Seriously, I'd use the sword as the primary weapon of a frenzy barb rather.

There's simply no point of building a barb to MF only a few places IMO, sorcs do that so much faster with more MF gear on. However, I enjoy doing 'MF runs' with my barbs (usually only a little magic find, almost normal gear) by clearing up some places which aren't that popular, just for fun and usually quite a few good things drop now and then. Today I got very lucky, found a VEX rune in the Icy cellar =)

3. tagkc

tagkc IncGamers Member

Ummm, running Durance 2 for my barb isn't that bad at all. It may take a little longer than in 1.09, but not extremely so. And when you come to a pack of anything, WW through them and keep on going.

I wouldn't try teleporting w/ a barb except to skip through the occasional wall since barbs have EXTREMELY slow cast rates and, unless it's a singing barb, you shouldn't have any FCR to make up for it.

4. sahlakh

sahlakh IncGamers Member

Dual wizzy's will help a lot.

5. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Barbs have the same casting breakpoints as a sorc.