Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

AZERTY or QWERTY ?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Breintje, Feb 9, 2004.

1. Breintje

Breintje IncGamers Member

AZERTY or QWERTY ?

Jo all,

I experience some probs during gameplay....

while im playing my keyboard likes to change from AZERTY to QWERTY, I dont know why or how... but i can tell u it's not funny when in full battle...

Some advice would be nice

THX :thumbsup:

2. somewhatdamaged99

somewhatdamaged99 IncGamers Member

If i was you mate the first thing i would do is get some anti virus on the go (Norton Antivirus 2004 is just out www.symantec.com), also maybe Norton personal firewall 2004 (same web address) and then get this program for free to scan for spyware and keyloggers etc on your pc. It is called Ad Aware by Lavasoft and is a very very good program

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/

Sounds like you have a virus on your pc :-(

somewhatdamaged

3. Breintje

Breintje IncGamers Member

Have a firewall (Zone Alarm) and Norton Antivirus already installed

Got any other suggestions ??? :scratch:

4. Backdoor Bandit

Backdoor Bandit IncGamers Member

I doubt that issue is virus/firewall related.

I can tell you that the same thing happens to me sometimes, even if I am in a game alone. Sometimes it lasts for a few minutes and then goes away.

Can be frustrating but it has only happened maybe 3 times to me. I have no clue about any possible solutions, sorry.

-Backdoor Bandit

5. Jackson

Jackson IncGamers Member

Similar thing happens to me sometimes when I'm playing d2.

My "/" (the slash) kep sometimes turns to "é", and all my commas, periods, quotation marks screw up too. But that's only inside the game. When I ALT-TAB back to Windows or something, it's normal.

6. the-wyyl

the-wyyl IncGamers Member

Check to make sure that your QWERTY layout is the only layout on the computer. It's possible that you're switching between the two by hotkeying them.

God...it's been three years since I've used a QWERTY...

7. Zarfol

Zarfol IncGamers Member

what do you use...

dvorak maybe?

try plugging in a new keyboard and see if that works :) . I'm sure you already tried that though

8. spiderman2k9

spiderman2k9 Banned

keep all liquids away from the keyboard.. :)

9. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

It most certainly isn't a problem with the keyboard itself. No matter if French, German or English, apart from what is printed on its keys, keyboards are all the same. It just reports "Key number xxx pressed" and the keyboard software on your computer decides which letter that means.

10. DarkY

DarkY IncGamers Member

Got same problem with ALLL BLIZZARD GAMES.

Sometimes switching back to desktop is nice trick.
    I did some tests at WinXP.
    Standard 4 keyboard options are possible. Delete 3 so you have 1 config option left.
    Since i deleted the other config options. no problems :)

At wc3, my keyboard usually switched to azerty when i played when someone in a game with azerty keyboard (belgium friend, im dutch)

11. the-wyyl

the-wyyl IncGamers Member

Oh yeah...it's all about the Dvorak. Kind of a built-in security feature because no one knows what the hell is going on when they're trying to type something..

12. AlphaStrikeII

AlphaStrikeII IncGamers Member

Seems like some of the servers support the use of local keyboard setup while others don't. This is a mayor pain in the butt if you have been in a game and you want to log onto another account where you have special characters as part of the password. Only solution I've found is to go out of the game.
    Not 100% sure if this is whats asked about in this thread but it sounds like it, and as far as I've been able to determine it's simply caused by the fact that some servers support the use of local keyboard setup while others force US standard and if you've been at a US standard only you end up with this setup until you rejoin.(Some other games like CS only support US standard, and sometimes I really wish I had my old keyboard where the US setup was marked in green while the local was grey) .

13. eron

eron IncGamers Member

It's good to tell that I have the solution for the people who have the problem of their "/" key changing to 'Ë'. I found that it only happens when I am playing my hammerdin, not with my barb. Trying to think what's the differencce between playing the two type and I realize what's happening. For hammerdin you frequently need to hold the "Shift" key to cast hammer from the left hand skill and you will be hitting the "Alt" key to check the drops frequently. Windows have the default key sequence to change "Input Locales" by holding your Left Shift + Alt Key! Just go to control panel keyboard properties and disable the key sequence, problem solved. This is probably related to your keyboard changing from QWERTY to AZERTY too.