Awesome looking movie

SomeCanadianGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
Wow. I like the way that looked. The whole appearance of the robots with the glowing red eyes was rather matrixy, but the movie itself seems to have nothing to do with that kind of scifi trip.

I think the only word I understood in there was something to do with a cyborg...

DurfBarian

Diabloii.Net Member
BANANA! BANANA!

Looks like it might be fun. It comes out in early May so I'll let you know how it is.

EDIT: Late April that is

DurfBarian

Diabloii.Net Member
Here's the "about the flick" blurb, translated:

It is a world that has seen a history different from ours. Five decades or world war led to a world divided into two camps, the Great Asian Federation and the European Union. At the end of this battle, Asia reigned supreme, and the forces of East Asia ruled the entire Eurasian continent . . .

But what had they won? A wasteland of devastated humanity. Radiation, illness, and viral threats created by chemical, biological, and nuclear weaponry.

Has the human race attained this moment of peace only to die away quietly?

Ash Housewares

Diabloii.Net Member
DurfBarian said:
Great Asian Federation and the European Union.
*cough* yoohoo! over here! *waves arms* americas, australia, & africa, whats up East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere? remember us?

oh well

DurfBarian

Diabloii.Net Member
Africa and the Americas are having a big drumming festival out on the lawn behind the Dead concert. They couldn't make the war.

Either that or those red-eyed mechas killed everyone from those three continents.

EEJ

Diabloii.Net Member
From the body language and the all out atmosphere that is looking pretty kick ***.

Anakha1

Banned
A scientist invents a robot for pollution control. Seems harmless enough right? Well, the robot, BK-1 or the Black King, goes nuts and sets out to enslave mankind using a robot army. Yes, it's a little clich?, but you still gotta hate it when that happens. Well, the scientist's son somehow merges his body with that of a robot and becomes a super-powered android named Casshan. If it sounds crazy, it's because it is. He then takes on the robot armies with the help of his robot dog (stay with me) and his childhood friend, Luna.
Why does it always seem like Japanese film writers are completely cracked out? It seems like the word "plausible" isn't in their vocabulary... :scratch:

DurfBarian

Diabloii.Net Member
Anakha1 said:
Why does it always seem like Japanese film writers are completely cracked out? It seems like the word "plausible" isn't in their vocabulary... :scratch:
* beats Anakha over the head with the "Matrix" script *

Anakha1

Banned
DurfBarian said:
* beats Anakha over the head with the "Matrix" script *

*crams an EMP up Durf's nose and detonates it, frying his robotic brain*

Hey, I'm not saying that westerners don't do it too... but Japan and China seem to take it to extreme lengths of implausability... and frequently, if not constantly. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, for example. What the hell was with the running up walls and fights while flying and dancing on tree limbs??? Completely whacked out events in an otherwise perfectly plausible film. I thought that really detracted from the film overall.

[/hijack]

strijdje

Diabloii.Net Member
Anakha1 said:
*crams an EMP up Durf's nose and detonates it, frying his robotic brain*

Hey, I'm not saying that westerners don't do it too... but Japan and China seem to take it to extreme lengths of implausability... and frequently, if not constantly. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, for example. What the hell was with the running up walls and fights while flying and dancing on tree limbs??? Completely whacked out events in an otherwise perfectly plausible film. I thought that really detracted from the film overall.

[/hijack]
nah, what made CTHT such a lame movie was the ending were the girl jumps off the cliff and falls so, euhm realistic :grrr:

Anakha1

Banned
strijdje said:
nah, what made CTHT such a lame movie was the ending were the girl jumps off the cliff and falls so, euhm realistic :grrr:
Well of course...! She could fly!!! :rolleyes: Of course, falling and flying are apparently the same...