Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Awesome Druid build, not a windy, pwned hard...who was that masked man?

Discussion in 'PvP' started by semisonic9, Mar 25, 2005.

1. semisonic9

semisonic9 IncGamers Member

Awesome Druid build, not a windy, pwned hard...who was that masked man?

He literally took on 6-7 other ppl in a pubby at once on ladder and did killer. I was with my poisoner, I think, just messing around, but this guy pwned hard.

He cast fissure a lot, used some kind of cyclone (probably not synergized) tele'd with good fcr, and used a lot of volcano too (kinda laughable attack). He also did some physical damage it seemed...what was this guy? I suspect he had killer res all charms, because his res was stacked so high no one could really damage him According to him, he had max pdr, and maxed res even after a full conviction. I kinda believed him, he pwned hard for awhile before he left....

Who was that masked man? What's the build, and how do you beat it? I imagine he just had lots of res charms, but that's gonna cost in a hybrid ele/something else build. He said he was one of the best duelers on bnet, rattled off some other ppl from the tourney's, but I have no way of knowing how much of that was BS. I did see him pwn barbs, a poisoner, my very decent trapper, etc. in droves. he pretty much let it be free-for-all against him and didn't die as far as I saw.

2. Speederländer

Speederländer IncGamers Member

List the equipment you know for sure. Did you name all his attacks? Fully elemental right? Cyclone armor I assume? Did he use armageddon?

3. Inuyasha

Inuyasha IncGamers Member

Res charms? Hell no. That's cyclone armor, buddy: It absorbs all elemental damage, and is not affected by conviction, sorc masteries, or anything of the like. It makes him, on a whole, immune to fohadins, sorcs of all types, and most other things.

What you are looking at is a split-elementalist druid, one that uses both wind and fire. I never truly believed that it was a very good build, simply because he lacks synergies for his attacks (rather than a pure windy, or pure fire who get maxed synergies). Of course, that does make this guy slightly more flexible. Try finding him again and talking to him about his build, maybe he can give us all some advice.
    -Daman = Da Man

4. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

Hmm... this "Masked Man" should have been weaker than a strong Windy Druid... and yet he pwned you guys hard?

No matter how insane his cyclone armor was, a party of more than 2 elemental chars should have brought down his armor somewhat fast unless he teles far out back and recasts it... Of course there could've only been only Blizz sorcs and FoHers in the room... but there were no melee chars at all? A good bonemancer would've brought him down hard too... Same with CS zons... they would've just SHATTER the druid's cyclone armor... Strange...

I doubt he had max pdr, because pdr is only achievable on items and I doubt one with equipment concentrated mostly on pdr will be suitable for 1 vs 6~7.

What do you mean he did some physical dam? You mean he hit you with his weapon directly? How else could you tell that it was physical dam... He couldn't've turned Wolf on you since he casted cyclones...

I HIGHLY DOUBT that he is one of the best duelers on BNet, when there are so many pure Windy Druids & Bonemancers with Auto Aim / 08 Valk / Wizgloves / etc. who are just impossible to beat unless you're one of them. (or EXTREMELY good skilled or just lucky, don't want to anger those who manage to actually beat them continuously).

- Dennis

5. Inuyasha

Inuyasha IncGamers Member

Volcano (or fissure.. or one of those elemental skills) deals physical damage. Also, let's not forget that ALL wind spells are physical damage. Of course, semisonic seems unaware of many things about this "mysterious masked man", so I don't know exactly what he meant.

6. nickalisk

nickalisk Banned

this mysterious druid is called.....

***drum roll***

Figment of the overly idle Minds Imagination.
    it can be any character....even the lord of destruction himself! Infact once i dueled baal on the plains of Blood Moor, i was drunk, high, and tired. He dropped alota runewords too. My advise...Hire a bounty hunter and get him to kill this druid, be sure to request he give u 50% of the runewords this druid will most certainly drop. Make sure u dont step on those fissure (fissures are really just big n deep cracks) bc u dont want to break your mother's back. other than that all i can say is goodluck.

Ok really, i have face such a druid on US Westladder. the character name was OmiKron2-i think i remeber "2" tho *Omi sumthing 2* anywase he wasnt near the caliber of ur druid but the skills sound similar...so does the bragging.
    i was lvl 67 only at the time so i got pwned (i was hammerdin) and omikron2 got pwned by a boner.

7. Clan_Iraq

Clan_Iraq Banned

8. parkerbsb

parkerbsb IncGamers Member

Hey semi! I think I dueled the same guy, green helm right, name Flame? Yeah that's earthday-birthday :D

I made a thread a few down from here (help vs druid)... and another one on that other site we go to :) He showed me some of his gear, pretty impressive!

9. Clan_Iraq

Clan_Iraq Banned

Oi Flame spelled Fiame?

Yarr thats another forumer.
    I was helping him build his druid. He uses a +5 volcano helm instead of ravenlore :O

But yah his works very well too. Unfortunately for him his first duel was against mine ^ ^

10. parkerbsb

parkerbsb IncGamers Member

Not 100% Sure I thought it was Flame, but the headgear sounds right... I'm building a Fireball sorc; I'll be looking to duel you if you've beaten flame (or fiame).

11. semisonic9

semisonic9 IncGamers Member

Hey, sorry about the confusion. Today I finally picked up a computer, so I now have constant access to the net.

Anyways, this guy was likely not packing a full cyclone armor because all the points in the fire skills would likely have made it unrealistic. He still used it, from time to time, but it was most likely a very weak one.

The problem is, he was so busy hauling booty around the screen killing things I coudln't get him still long enough to MH him and check the gear. WHen I did, I quickly died. He was definately wearing a SS and enigma, beyond that I know little.

The fissure and volcano were doing relatively minor damage, I never did see how I was actualy dying. Anyway, some of you who know me know I'm not a total newb, this was just a crazy off the wall build that pwnt. Fissure kinda acted like a fire trap, and I think he may have had a beast and a strong bear to tele onto ppl and kill em, but again, I;'m not too sure. I thought the guy hacked, to be honest, but I saw no signs of AA or anything like that. Anyway, haven't checked the above links yet, I'll give em a try and see what's up.

Also, the builds he owned were my half-stripped trapper and my poisoner...neither exactly godly because I had shared some gear with a friend, but in groups should have been plenty efective enough.

12. G0su_Hellbolt

G0su_Hellbolt IncGamers Member

MH? Eh.

*Gosu-Hellbolt

13. TheGreatDivorce

TheGreatDivorce IncGamers Member

Must of been pretty sucky duelers.

<3