Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Awash in Delight

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by wuffnuff, Nov 19, 2006.

1. wuffnuff

wuffnuff IncGamers Member

Awash in Delight

When I first heard they were making a comic adaptation of Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake series I was both filled with hope and dread. I have really liked the books a great deal (though I haven't had a chance to pick up the last few recent ones). I love comics. It is like a match made in heaven or possible hell if they butcher it.

Nick and I made a trip to the comic store to pick it up. The first issue was sold out, but the second issue was in stock. We picked it up and a few other things.

I have just finished reading issue two, and I am amazed. I read that they were going to try to keep it as close to the books as possible. I am really surprised on how good of a job they have done! The dialog in this issue is near verbatim from the book. Some of the images have been subtlety toned down for a non adult audience, but it stays pretty damn close.

The art is good and since the storyline is unaltered from the book I all ready like it. I am so darn happy right now.

2. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

I'm a comic book newb, so what is all this about?

3. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

Anita Blake is apparently a crazy Necromancer Vampire Hunter or something...I am scared by women with creepy powers...

They're making a comic book series out of it...