Avoiding red lightning

toprak

Diabloii.Net Member
Avoiding red lightning

Sometimes when you attack diablo with a melee character, althogh you are right in front of him, his red lightning passes you by without doing any harm. As long as you maintain your position, you're safe. Now is this pure luck or is there a trick to guarantee that?

bobofuzzlymunky

Diabloii.Net Member
Sometimes when you attack diablo with a melee character, althogh you are right in front of him, his red lightning passes you by without doing any harm. As long as you maintain your position, you're safe. Now is this pure luck or is there a trick to guarantee that?
this happens with my hdin when i tele right on top of him... idk i think it may be starting a little ways away from him, so it might be starting past him. advice- get real close.

Orphan

Diabloii.Net Member
Yea, his lightning attack does start further out than melee range. If you're standing close enough to him, you can definately avoid it. I don't know the actual range of it off the top of my head, but I think it's something like a range 3 weapon's distance or something.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
It's only like that in hell mode and perhaps in nightmare. In normal mode, the lightning hose works in melee range as well AFAIK.

SSoG

Diabloii.Net Member
It's only like that in hell mode and perhaps in nightmare. In normal mode, the lightning hose works in melee range as well AFAIK.
The higher level of Lightning Hose he uses, the further away from him it starts. In Hell, it's not hard at all to avoid the LHoD. In Nightmare, it's still reasonably easy. In Normal, I've never actually tried, but if it's possible to avoid, you would have to be standing literally on top of his toes.

rata

Diabloii.Net Member
To avoid the red lightning in hell you need to be hitting distance from diablo (i.e take a whack at him), any more and you get 'hosed'. If he moves or you move after that whack, you'll get sprayed

Frosty_The_Snowman

Diabloii.Net Member
Boost your lightning resistance and this attack will be just a joke anyway :grin: ! Other than that, yes it's a very well known trick :wink: !

Zukarius

Diabloii.Net Member
Sorry if you think this is spam....Red lightning hose and Lightning Hose of Death? :rolleyes: Who comes up with these names? Its like asking for a diet water at a restaurant....try it next time:shocked:

SSoG

Diabloii.Net Member
breath of the diablo.

ps- its half lightning damage and half physical. so u need DR and lightning resistance.
I don't know about %DR, but PDR doesn't work against the LHoD- or, at the very least, it's nerfed so much that even with an extreme PDR rig (100 PDR and 95% Lightning Resistance), I'm still taking consistant damage from the LHoD.