Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

avoiding PKers

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Raith, Jun 10, 2005.

1. Raith

Raith IncGamers Member

avoiding PKers

before you tell me to do private games, here is the reason that i dont do it so often:

1. not too many friends on bnet since ive started: one friend.
    2. my items are all bought/found, most are crappy rares, and i cant handle tough monsters.

so how can i avoid PKs? i like to cow, and would like a team yet yesterday ive joined a game with a lv 46 assassin and witnessed 3 level 19/18/20 die... so how do i avoid PKers? anyone got hints?

2. LuckyDwarf

LuckyDwarf IncGamers Member

If you're doing a run, stay away from the sorcs there, or atleast put other chars/objects between you and every type of dangerous character. Basically, I have only seen Ice Blast sorcs tppk and have any real chance at killing me. Always move, and if it's a run and you're not really doing the killing, keep a constant eye on the alleged killer and make sure his attack will hit (A) A wall or (B) Another player. Good luck. :)

Lucky

3. HCTwinJava

HCTwinJava IncGamers Member

can't say impossible, but it's hard, very hard, to totally avoid getting PK'ed in a pubbie.

I missed the first 2 months after 1.10 came out, when virtually nobody tried to PK in pubbies. Well, that said, my first HCL javazon still died to PK near the end of the 1st 2 months - i can't forget this, her death was mainly my fault.

when i restarted to play HCL the 3rd time a little while ago, I realized HCL public game is no longer playable to me. i stopped playing HCL after I built a few chars and solo'ed through hell once again.

I've found SCL is more fun, and being able to trade for a few duped high runes on SCL adds a little fresh air to this old game. I'll never play HCL again, as this game is dying regardless.

4. Oxy

Oxy IncGamers Member

I've never been TPPKed, and I public baaled like mad.

Use this:

If you hear hostile, hit esc then click the exit button. It's the fastest possible way since you don't have to move either hand.

5. Raith

Raith IncGamers Member

agreed on last comment about esc then exit, i do that but now i also do the open tp and enter town. but tpPK is inevitably hard to avoid. thanks for the hints guys.

6. Valar-Wrath

Valar-Wrath IncGamers Member

I don't think he was talking about just Tppk, but PK in general. Basically, the only way to avoid it is saving and exiting or tping to town when you hear that hostile sound. You may lose a good group game but it's better than losing your life. :D

And for avoiding tppk, try not to stand right across from known tppkers. (ie Bone necs, sorc's, bowzons)

7. ~Foxfire~

~Foxfire~ IncGamers Member

When baaling, stay in the bottom corner where there are multiple pillars and keep an eye on the sorceresses, especially those with blue helms and orbs (Nightwing's and Fathoms presumeably). If you see Iceblast coming your way, step to the side. It'll fly right by you, no problem. I do it all the time, I've not been hit by IB tppk yet. Some of these tppkers are capable of beating chicken, which is faster than esc-exit. The key is to be out of the bullseye before their tp even goes up. Bone necs and bowzons are considerably harder, just avoid being anywhere near them, and watch for projectiles headed your way that have no business being there. The one time I was tppked in baals was by an elemental druid. Do be careful of these, I was unaware they were capable. Luckily, tornado is inaccurate, but deadly if you are amped, so be aware of that as well. Rule of thumb: If you think there's a risk, don't do it. There are plenty of other games where you can play safely (Also keep track of who joins the game, some accounts are red flags for me).

8. CookiesnCream

CookiesnCream IncGamers Member

Just save+exit if you see someone suspicious in the game. And if you're doing baal runs in normal, just leave or be very cautious if a high lvl enters a game. Sure having a high level in the game makes runs go a lot faster, but they're a lot more unsafe. A lvl 90+ sorceress shouldn't be in a normal baal run game. And sometimes when they say they're "helping out their friend", it's team pk where the tppker's friend is helping the sorc tppk. And I also finds it strange when a high level barb refuses to BO during a baal game. Or they'd do battlecry and shout but not BO. And as for avoiding legit pk, just leave or tp to town fast and wait for the pker to leave.

9. Raith

Raith IncGamers Member

i dont mind pk but its too common, i was THIS *creates a line between index finger and thumb* close to become tppk meat... darn BS necros. ><!

...but id like to get a good group, like most said. its just hard!

10. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

I heard molten boulder druids make effective tppks, anyone ever seen one?