Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Avoiding Mana Pots

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by SantanaK, Jul 12, 2010.

1. SantanaK

SantanaK IncGamers Member

Avoiding Mana Pots

I love my Insight Merc and all, but I want to give him something better than an Insight Polearm. Problem is, that Meditation Aura is way too addictive to let go of and I really enjoy having infinite mana without pots.

I have +16 skills (Warmth 17) and that is not enough for me to constantly spam Fireball/Meteor/Teleport without Insight (PvM). To avoid chugging mana pots, what can I add to my Fire Sorc (and Blizzard sorc who has a similiar issue) to have some decent mana regen (or a large enough mana pool that drinking the occasional pot ain't so bad)?

I'm thinking of maybe using CTA on switch? Already using Magefists.

2. Rawness

Rawness IncGamers Member

Re: Avoiding Mana Pots

CTA. SoJ's. for the mana%. 17/20 charms or GC's with loads of mana and health.

Mana after each kill-> silkweaves, 3+MAEK jools.

3. Kijya

Kijya IncGamers Member

I've experimented a lot with phoenix, and I rather like using it. You can "replace" the commonly used spirit monarch with a phoenix one on switch, lost +2 bo but a quick swap should fill up both your mana and life.

My latest pure light sorc uses phoenix on main actually, and I'd say it's working quite well, almost never need any pots. On a fire sorc having phoenix on main should make even more sense since it has -fr.

But of course it's expensive as hell ...

Still CtA on switch should be first step when spending HR's on a sorc if you ask me. As Rawness mentioned you can use those cheap mana after each kill items too.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2010
  4. droid

droid IncGamers Member

CtA will solve a lot. Alternatively, you could go 1 pt in ES and dump Ene instead of Vit...it'd shave damage off your fire spells, but I have a CL/FO with 1 pt ES and full ene dump and she's very durable, with enormous natural mana regen.

What are you thinking of switching to for your merc, though? Infinity? It doesnt benefit cold sorcs much at all, and benefits fire sorcs much less so than light sorcs. Insight is probably the better option for both, definitely for your blizzie.

5. hubb

hubb IncGamers Member

Anything that gets your base mana up, as your regeneration depends on your total mana. Spending 40 or 50 points in energy usually solves any mana problems for my blizz sorcs, but with the fire sorc you might have to spend some more in energy and look at the stuff mentioned above like soj/charms/frostburns. The tiny regen bonus from magefists does nothing compared to the regen you'll gain from increasing your mana total with frostburns or a soj, although you lose some fcr. These items combined with even one good +mana grand charm can make a world of difference.

Also, reaper's toll ftw.

6. SeCKSEgai

SeCKSEgai IncGamers Member

Lite sorcs get the best out of infinity, but it doesn't hurt elemental casters. Cold does get screwed since mastery is -res and not dmg% and as cold immunes don't break....

Fire on the other hand can get some nice use if they're primarily boss runners, as it reduces the res of the boss and makes them quick work.

7. SantanaK

SantanaK IncGamers Member

Excellent suggestions!

I've already started accumulating some mana charms to really try and boost my mana pool and am gonna put together a CtA/SoJs after I build up some more wealth this ladder season. I'm considering the Energy Shield route, so maybe I'll give it a try with a respec sometime, but for now, I'll stick with the standard Vit build.

And yea, I would definitely want a Reaper's Toll over an Infinity, unless I was playing a Lightning Sorc :strong:

8. buckies

buckies IncGamers Member

That's pretty much GG there.

9. iomanip

iomanip IncGamers Member

points into energy... (respec allows)

peace!