AVG or Avast?

nickedoff

Diabloii.Net Member
AVG or Avast?

I wanna get a new, free AV to compliment Norton's worm protection (I'd like to stop relying on it for full system scans...all I hear are bad things about Norton, and this'll be the third time I've got to renew my subscription).

Basically, without some big introductory paragraph, which do you prefer?

AVG or Avast?

Stompwampa

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm partial to AVG myself. I install it on every computer I do work on, and I've never once had a complaint or problem with it.

Machina

Diabloii.Net Member
I use AVG as well. That said I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to anti-virus, I just let the icon sit in the corner and dl the updates as and when it prompts me to do so.

Stompwampa

Diabloii.Net Member
Machina said:
I use AVG as well. That said I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to anti-virus, I just let the icon sit in the corner and dl the updates as and when it prompts me to do so.

does it check your system automatically? if not, you should probably do that then at least once a month ;-)

Machina

Diabloii.Net Member
Stompwampa said:
does it check your system automatically? if not, you should probably do that then at least once a month ;-)
It tells me to click 'scan computer' every now and then, which I assume is sufficient?

rare

Diabloii.Net Member
i reformatted and my 90 day norton trial reset and i have 80 days left or so. but i did use avg for a bit, and it was simple and useful.