Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Average Greater Rift Clear Time for every class (statistics and graphics)

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by LukDeRiff, Mar 26, 2015.

1. LukDeRiff

LukDeRiff IncGamers Member

With all the outrage about class imbalance lately I was curious what the situation on the Leaderboards really looked like. While it is easy to take a quick glance at the top and the bottom, it is much harder to get a grasp of the overall situation of the Leaderboards. So I made a spreadsheet that would help me get a better overview over the Leaderboards. The data was taken on the 26th March and is from the EU SC and EU HC seasonal Leaderboards.

Softcore

First I wanted to know what the average greater rift clear on the leaderboards was for each class in SC:

Barbarian: 46.3
    Crusader: 43
    Demon Hunter: 46.7
    Monk: 46.7
    Witch Doctor: 40.7
    Wizard: 42.3

[​IMG]
    At this point Barbarian, Demon Hunter and Monk seem to be fairly even. The Crusader and the Wizard are 3 to 4 levels lower. Considering the hitpoints of monster are increased by 17% a per level and the damage is increased by 10% that is actually a huge difference. Remember that the increase is based on the previous level. That means the difference between gets gradually larger. The Witch Doctor is 6 levels below the top three. Averages are often a statistic of limited value so it is valuable to take a look at the data as a whole.

[​IMG]

What you can see here is: the more powerful the class the fiercer the competition. Fun fact: When I was typing in the data exactly 46 Wizards had cleared a GRift level 46 or above (the Demon Hunter Leaderboard starts at 46 by the way). It is also interesting to note that the difference at the very top is much smaller (in terms of Rift levels) than it is on average. There are multiple Wizards that have cleared GRift 50 and the only class that is seriously lagging behind is, again, the Witch Doctor.

If you want to take a look at the Softcore Data then you can find it here:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SfKc9m13FWd8UbLkqqoQKG6P1RhR_pCwhJs_wi7ifLU/edit#gid=0

Hardcore

The average Greater Rift clear for Hardcore for each class are:

Barbarian: 37.1
    Crusader: 37
    Demon Hunter: 42
    Monk: 39.4
    Witch Doctor:35.2
    Wizard: 38.8

[​IMG]In HC the Demon Hunters absolutely dominate the field with a three level lead over the next class. The Barbarian takes the biggest hit, most likely due to the risky and fragile nature of the Raekor build. Surprsingly Wizard is much better in Hardcore. Lets take a look at the overall comparison in HC:

[​IMG]
    Overall the spread seems to be much wider for each class, suggesting a less competitive environment in Hardcore (or just less players). The top players of each class are much closer than they are in Softcore. There is a Wizard that cleared a 48 in a faster time than any other character from any other class (including the Demon Hunter).

The Hardcore Data: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16kLma98zldrQ7AeoRilVCIt263VVl9jt_sQsFNFvAyk/edit?usp=sharing

A Look Back

Just after Leadoards and Seasons were introduced people calculated the average Greater Rift clears. If you are curious check out this post from back then and see for yourself what has changed: http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/co...ft-leaderboards-show-diablo-3-class-imbalance

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
    tougeznut likes this.
  2. tougeznut

tougeznut IncGamers Member

Good post

3. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

This has got to be tongue-in-cheek... right? I don't see anything to indicate it is other than the absurdity of the statement itself so I'm left wondering...

Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
  4. LukDeRiff

Yeah it was supposed to be a joke. Looking at it now, you are right there is nothing to indicate that.

Looking at the post as a whole I have to say most of the written stuff is pretty incoherent and the title of the Thread is somewhat misleading. I will clean the whole thing up once I have some time.

ZappaFan likes this.
  5. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

Hey I really appreciate all the effort you put into it tho. Clean it up a little bit and I could probably see it being included in one of Flux's blogs.

6. Flux

Flux Administrator

That's a joke I've been making on the podcast lately, since I saw some posts on B.net (by softcore players) talking about how HC players just did T1 over and over again to stay safe. I like to laugh at the idea while my HC S2 DH does repeated GR38 runs in 8-10m, prepping for a big GR45+ push next week as S2 draws to a conclusion.

7. Tibicenas

Tibicenas IncGamers Member

8. Tibicenas

Tibicenas IncGamers Member

9. LukDeRiff

Sweet! Thank you for the work. I will take a closer look at the new data as soon as I have some time.