Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Avengers

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by cifelus, Jun 7, 2005.

1. cifelus

cifelus IncGamers Member

Avengers

Hi guys!

Im really into avenger paladins, mostly because they are funny as hell to play with, and the conviction is awesome when you team with spellcasters. Maybe you could tell about your own avengers? Damage, defense, equipment and so on.

I aslo have a few questions. I plan to use botd for my paladin. Vengeance elemental damage is added AFTER the enhanced damage from botd isn't it? Otherwise it won't be of much use :p Im also wondering, since botd makes the weapon indestructible, is it possible to find ethereal wepons with 6 sockets?

2. Liliel

Liliel IncGamers Member

Vengeance definitely works with on weapon ED. I'm not sure if it works with off weapon ED, ED to undead/demons, or +damage (on weapon or off). Not sure if strength is factored in either...

Oh, and yes, there is such things as ethereal 6 socket weapons. If you're going with Vengeance, might I suggest a Colossus Blade? I know most people love block and think it essential (as someone who rarely uses shields, I can attest that it really isn't if you know what you're doing), but a pure Avenger with a two handed eBotD would probably kill enemies in one or two hits. Combine this with Dracul's Grasp and you will rarely miss that shield. Besides, Avengers have little use for all the dex needed for max block.

3. cifelus

cifelus IncGamers Member

Im pretty sure it isn't. I tried some off wepon ed but very little happened. But it could be an incorrect damage display too...

Interesting, maybe for my next avenger. I already gave this one 100 dex... But i cant see how you would't get hurt a lot with no shield defense or blocking.

4. Liliel

Liliel IncGamers Member

100 dex is okay, 2h swords usually require something like that anyway. If you've already put points into Holy Shield and Defiance though then it's too late.

Anyways, when you can kill in only a few hits, you don't have to worry so much about getting hurt a lot. You scythe through the crowd and no one's left to hurt you. And with Dracul's Grasp, you leech back whatever damage anyone manages to get. Damage mostly comes from ranged attackers (act 2/5 skeleton archers comes to mind). You can deal with them in a few ways: Just dodging their missiles is one (it's a skill you learn when you've played enough 2H builds), CtC Blind on get hit (there's a helm that does it, but I can't remember the name), Marrowwalk bone prison charges, fire absorb and damage reduction...

It doesn't have to be this time, but sometime you should try a 2H build, like maybe a Fury Druid or something. Just so you know that it's entirely posssible to live without a shield.

5. vdzele

vdzele IncGamers Member

read this whole thread and you will found some usefull info's.

6. Syphilis

Syphilis IncGamers Member

what about an obediance thresher ?
    the -20% req will help with str and dex, and it will look extra-cool :cool:
    and +370%ed may proove very effective.