Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Avenger?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Bigru, Apr 24, 2005.

1. Bigru

Bigru IncGamers Member

Avenger?

well im getting bored of d2, as many others are. thinking of trading all for a nice avenger for fun. maybe even for pvp ^^

anyways this is wat im thinking for gear

beast ettin (higher dam than ba and will end up same speed)
    enigma(not sure wat type atm)
    andys, or coa, or gaze, or that circlet with 70 res all. not sure yet.
    verdungoes or nosf or that other crappy one.
    gores or ss trek
    LoH or draculs or sometin
    exile or hoz.
    highlords or metalgrid or maras
    2x raven
    anni (got a nice 20 res 15 stat one)
    cta/lidless

not sure on charms. if i go for exile not sure if i can afford 10 combats. definately not 32020s. dont like em and i cant afford enough of them anyway.
    maybe stack my res lots and ar, 20 lifers, cheap 3 max ones, fhr ones. just a mix maybe.

20 vengeance
    enough for lvl 24 conviction with gear.
    1 in holy shield
    20 cold res
    20 fire res
    10 sanctuary
    rest in light res.

i got a couple of 3x life necro summons around and 2x fhr and 7 plain eles, so might be able to afford something nice, so suggest wateva sounds good to you.

thinking pvp tactics as tele on them and hit em against sorcs. get owned by melees and run from windys. sounds good?

ive had al look at 3 or so guides. all seem to varie. no emphasis on pvp, any help greatly appreciated. thanks.

oh and its either this or a ama zon that gets theyre valk real good and teles on people while firing guideds, so plz convince me of this build ^^

2. UltraNull

UltraNull IncGamers Member

I think it's better to pump Lightres and Fireres first. Your max resist go up when you do this.
    For every 2 points in X resist, you get +1 to max X resist as a passive bonus.
    Cold resist is unimportant if you cary 2 ravens. so that is the last priority.

PvP is another thing though...

3. Bigru

Bigru IncGamers Member

yeah i guess, ppl also say to leave vengeance low, max the resist skills, for pvp and pvm, wats everyones veiws on that? also is doom better than beast? or even botd to increase base damage?

4. UltraNull

UltraNull IncGamers Member

I'd say:
    1 Venegance
    20/20/20/Resists
    15 Convition (It's capped on 25 anyway, so leave room for +skills stuff)
    Rest in HShield
    Don't waste a point in Redemption if you go for Doom, allmost all corpses will shatter with Conviction/Doom.
    1 Meditation, only if you want to be party friendly.

You will apriciate your low manacost Venegance and higher level HShield when you are manaburned by every second monster hit in Hell

Leave Salvation (you said Sanctuary, but you coudn't have ment that?) alone. You just can't spare the points for that.
    Take Venegance to 5 or so if you realy want more damage.

Doom is geat PvM as safety.
    However, Holy Freeze is bm in pvp and botd will give you more damage.
    If HF is allowed, and you suspect the other guy not going dual Ravenfrosts on you, then Doom can be very good.

Keep in mind that you phisical attack is not amplified, so you will want more leech then usual.

Here is my PvM non ladder Avenger gear:

Helm: VampGaze(not upped)
    Amulet: Cresent Moon
    Weapon: Doom (set in Berkerker Axe)
    Weapon secondary: Call to Arms (for the BO)
    Armour: Ciains of Honor (set in an Archon Plate)
    Shield: Hoz (not upped)
    Shield Secondary: Sigon's Guard (for BO boost)
    Gloves: Souldrainer ( I love thiese)
    Belt: String of Ears(could up this)
    Boots: Gorerider(not upped)
    Ring1: Ravenfrost
    Ring2: dual leech rare.
    Sockets: 1x Ber 1x Lo

With reasonable VampGaze and Ears, this gives you 50% phiscial resist. The Lo is for the Glooms ;)

5. Antigenfiend

Antigenfiend IncGamers Member

Sorry ? What is a Gloom ?

6. ScorpioFury

ScorpioFury IncGamers Member

The actual term is a gloam. This is a creature that flies around almost invisibly, and when it attacks, it becomes visible. It's attack is lightning, which is ranged, so it can hit u from quite a distance. These creatures, when in groups, are very deadly in hell, they can even destroy the mightiest of characters if they dont hav enough resist (Lo run provides +5% maximum lightning resist). Basically a Lo rune will help ur resist go up.

-Leo

ps, these creatures are usually called souls, or dark souls by people on battlenet

7. Mr.Popo

Mr.Popo Banned

ur will be using charms that add elemental dmg to ur attack. (put some steel sc if u need AR) Also, i do say doom is better than beast in avenger build cuz holy freeze will recieve syngery from cold resist aura. That grants u more dmg (on cold) and also slow ur enemies. Same apply as using dream.

8. Antigenfiend

Cryus wrote " Guardian Angel was the armor I chose to wear for my Avenger. Almost every mod on this armor is extremely useful. It also gives you a huge defense bonus when multiplied by Holy Shield. And most importantly, with 10 in each resistance aura and this armor on. Your maximum resistances are 95/95/95/90, which is as good as it gets really. Coupled with some absorption, I never even felt elemental damage even in Hell difficulty (Oh, was that you shooting me Mr.Gloam, I didn’t notice)."
    I have 10 in each restistance + GA + HoZ And my resistances suck! What am I doing wrong? I have vamp gaze Helm , Crafted ring, Raven frost ring, Drac Gloves. I do not have Holy Shield yet. When I take off GA Resistances dont chang? What do I need to work on?

9. cotton

cotton IncGamers Member

GA doesn't add to resistances, only max resists (as in, you can get your resistances above 75, which is normally the cap.) Drop a PDiamond (or an Um) in that HoZ and put an Um in your GA. Boots, Gloves, and jewelry are also good places to find resists, and you can always put an um or one of the single resist runes in your gaze.

I'm not an avenger expert, but with 69 resist all from a pdiamnond HoZ, there are a lot of ways for pallys to get their resists to 75 or above.

10. Cadet

Cadet IncGamers Member

A 69 all res Hoz, a Metalgrid w/30+ res, and a Kira's will add a massive chunk to your resists, if not all the resists you'd ever need, depending on the stats of the items, and with the 3 Anya quests done, you could have 174 to all resists (assuming 25 res Metal and 50 res Kira's), and even with the -100 res penalty in Hell, you still have 74 res. Now just throw in an Anni and you're all set.

Some people would balk at the use of Kira's though...even with its massive resists and CBF mods. Probably best to use against castors or if you need a massive resist boost for dueling Auradins...

And the Metalgrid...the awesome resists, big boost to AR (think mini-Angelics on an ammy), and you could maybe confuse or scare some people with an Iron Golem :D

11. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

Large AR is not needed for PvM since your conviction will lower their defense.

12. Antigenfiend

Hummmmmm ??
    Just for fun ( And to Help Me, I have 3 helms, And its hard to dicide what one to use? Gaze ? Shako ? Crown of thive ? Or should I keep looking ? ) Any way what would be your dream Avenger gear? How about plus skill items? Resist items? Charms ? This would be a big help. Like the helm? I have 3 I like. Boots? I have a lot! And Dont like any! May be Im missing somthing? Help & thanks

13. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

Gaze if you need DR. Crown if you need ll. Shako if you want life + dmg.