Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Avenger weapon

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by scottee, May 7, 2008.

1. scottee

scottee IncGamers Member

Avenger weapon

So I've totallty changed direction with my Avenger, now that I have a nice Sanctuary shield for him. I no longer plan to go with a big 2-hand weapon. However, that means that I need to figure out what his endgame weapon will be.

*Note* I do not have a lot of runes. If I could, I'd make him a Beast or eBotD zerker, as those would undoubtedly be the best options, but- well, I can't.

Currently, he's in act 2 hell, using a Baranar's socketed with a 36%ed/+fire dmg jewel. This is good enough to kill most things in 1-2 hits right now, but that'll slow down quite a bit once he gets to act 4-5. So far, the only Uniques that I see that have a decent shot of outdoing the Baranar's are Azurewrath and Death Cleaver. What options am I missing?

Thanks for any replies.

Edit-One thing I forgot to mention, I do have the runes for an Oath, which could be a good option in the right base- tho I need to do some more figuring as to which base would be the right one.

2. Grisu

Grisu IncGamers Member

Re: Avenger weapon

Oath would in this case be the best option in this case IMHO, because Vengeance's damage is calculated based on weapon's physical damage. So what you want is lots of physical damage, and Oath offers exactly that.

As for what base weapon to use: most common are ethereal zerkers, but it should also work in scourges for example. But ethereal is a must for Oath :wink3:

3. scottee

scottee IncGamers Member

Yeah, though the wide range of ed possible does make me a little nervous, I'm coming to think that the eth oath zerker is the way to go- and it could be unsocketed later for use with other RWs, if the ed roll is low.

On that topic, anyone know if 1.07 zerkers have higher base damage than 1.11? And what website do people use for that? AS only has info for 1.11.

4. nubikoen

nubikoen IncGamers Member

.07 Berserker Axes have the same damage as .10+ (When brought forward. In .07 they don't)

Ethereal Berserker Axes from .07 (brought forward to .10+) have +50% enhanced max damage (not added to the base damage though. It works as ordinary on weapon ed, though it only enhances the max damage, and it doesn't show)

Even a low rolled Oath is an awesome weapon, so if you've got the runes (and base weapon), go for it!

*I forgot to mention that it's not just Berserker Axes that get the bonus, all ethereal .07 weapons get the extra +50% max ed of course.

Last edited: May 7, 2008
  5. Grisu

Grisu IncGamers Member

6. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot IncGamers Member

7. scottee

scottee IncGamers Member

Wow, thanks for all the awesome links! I'm putting an eth 1.07 zerker on my christmas list, hopefully that and a few runes will get me where I want to be!

8. silospen

silospen IncGamers Member

9. Grisu

Grisu IncGamers Member

Wow! Pretty neat roll...and I thought that mine was the cream of the crop...:cry:
    *goes making a few new ones*

btw, Death would of course make an awesome RW for an avenger, too (regarding damage output), since it's damage range isn't nearly as wide as Oath's, but requires Vex+Gul...

10. scottee

scottee IncGamers Member

Okay, now that's just not nice... I've gotta wait until I can trade the axe to make that kinda awesome (and, with my luck, it won't be anywhere near as cool) :cry:

11. pharaoh

pharaoh IncGamers Member

I made mine in a regular v1.11b superior conquest sword. With the massive IAS from Oath, and a bit of other IAS gear, you can swing at a respectable speed. The damage range is quite solid, and not wildly unpredictable like a scourge or cryptic sword would be.

12. scottee

scottee IncGamers Member

Ah, but for 60 pgems the eth 1.07 zerker hax-stick will be mine! Mine! MINE!!!!! *maniacal laughter*

Seriously, it's kinda sad how easy I am to entertain