Avenger weapon opinions

Miraba

Diabloii.Net Member
Avenger weapon opinions

I have a lvl 81 Avenger and I'm looking for a weapon. Right now I have access to a Lightsabre and I'm looking at making a Crescent Moon or trading for Nord's or Azurewrath. I can't afford any of the higher runewords. I can't afford a HoZ, so my skills are around 23 and will stay there for a while.
What would you guys suggest? I've already read the guide by Cyrus.

Chimaira

Diabloii.Net Member
I think that speed is most important, then comes physical damage and lastly the "extras". Lightsabre is an okay sword but the physical damage is lacking. I'd probably take Nord's Tenderizer because of the lovely freeze effect, good physical damage and fast attack speed. Crescent Moon is nice because of the static field but has rather low damage and not much IAS so you have to socket it in a fast base speed weapon=less damage.

Mr.Popo

Banned
i think the old school b-star still win this. Due to fact they're fast and u need the AR bonus as well. Eth nord is a good choice as well.

JackGoodwin

Diabloii.Net Member
gimmershred is actually pretty effective, and its funny as hell because you are whacking things with a throwing axe and REALLY killing them. or use an eth gimmershred for good damage.

RetroStar

Diabloii.Net Member
JackGoodwin said:
gimmershred is actually pretty effective, and its funny as hell because you are whacking things with a throwing axe and REALLY killing them. or use an eth gimmershred for good damage.
It will run out though.