Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Avenger Weapon and FPA

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by stkrause, Jun 16, 2005.

1. stkrause

stkrause IncGamers Member

Avenger Weapon and FPA

Hi, I'm planning to build an avanger. As damage is based upon physical weapon damage, I understand I need a high dmg weapon. I've just found a rare cruel hydra edge with 30% IAS and approx 100-250 dmg. Damagewise I'm quite sure it will be enough, I'm just curious if the weaponspeed will be enough. How many FPA do you need to be successfull? How much speed can you sacrifice for more pure damage?

If you have some suggestion for a better weapon, I'll be happy to hear it--but please dont come with BotD or Grief, I don't have any highrunes lying around. Price up to MAL would be fine :thumbsup:

*stkrause

2. Wmeredith

Wmeredith IncGamers Member

If you've got priced up to Mal, "Oath" is where it's at. Awesome runeword for the price. Stick it in an eth 4os scourge/ettin axe/small crescent. That Hydra edge is too slow imho.

"Oath"
    Shael + Pul + Mal + Lum
    30% Chance To Cast Level 20 Bone Spirit On Striking
    Indestructible
    +50% Increased Attack Speed
    +210-340% Enhanced Damage (varies)
    +75% Damage To Demons
    +100 To Attack Rating Against Demons
    Prevent Monster Heal
    +10 To Energy
    +10-15 Magic Absorb (varies)
    Level 16 Heart Of Wolverine (20 Charges)
    Level 17 Iron Golem (14 Charges)

Pair this with some Marrows (Get some +1's, they're el-cheap-o) to synergize your ctc bonespirit. You'll be throwing 550-ish Bonespirits to compliment your Vengeance. This basically boils down to you being able to kill anything in the game, not to mention they're nice boots anyway.

Are you going with a Conviction aura? Or Fana for Ias/damage?

3. [exile]

[exile] IncGamers Member

Try to aim for a Range 3 weapon - i.e. Scourge and Berserker Axe - when making Oath. (Ethereal of course.)

Since Avengers often have a hard time hitting speed breakpoints, I'd advise a [-10] base speed weapon, meaning Scourge or even Cryptic Sword if you can't fine one. The problem is getting an Eth Scourge or BA with 4os; Cryptic Swords (and Small Crescents) get 4os with Larzuk so it's easier to try to get that.

Small Crescents have higher damage but lower speed, so it depends on your preference.

As for the Marrowalk suggestion, I'm actually pretty sure your Bone Spirits should be dealing closer to 1000 damage :D

4. Wmeredith

Wmeredith IncGamers Member

Yep, 1013-1099 is more like it! I was thinking of Marrow Walk-cheese for a Bspear not Bspirit.

5. happyfamine

happyfamine IncGamers Member

if you put it in an eth weapon you can't repair the HOW and IG charges, right? is eth oath > regular oath + HOW?

6. stkrause

stkrause IncGamers Member

Well, thats what I feared. But Oath seems nice :thumbsup:
    And that makes the idea even more nice :thumbsup:
    I was planning on Conviction as main aura + Might merc

*stkrause

7. vdzele

vdzele IncGamers Member

Please explain me more about this Bone spirit synergized by marrowwalk. I’ve read on these forums that there is a bug about marrowwalk … but never was interested what it is about. Bone spirit will deal ~1000 damage when wearing marrowwalk.

8. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

The marrowalks bug is due to the lvl 33 bone prison charges from it. These charges act as synergy to bone spells including bone spirit. The German Weapon Speed calculator has a nice on the side section ('das spiel'-->'skill-calc') by which one could calculate how much damage a lvl 20 spirit would do when snergised by lvl 33 bone prison. Get this 'Necromancer' in german is called 'Totenbeschwörer' lol. Since the calculator allows 20 hard points (+skill does nothing for synergies) and in order to simulate lvl 33 bone prison synergy u have to input 20 into prison and 13 into spear/teeth/wall (any that gives same %dmg synergy to spirit) I use this calculator always to estimate end game damage hehe This bug is also the reason why bone/summon necros rock as magic find characters as i have sucessfully made one this ladder season. Its like a Hammerdin with an army (physical dmg)..ok less magical from partially synergised spear/spirit :p Cheers

p.s According to the calculator a lvl 20 spirit with marrows does 1054-1143 magical damage