Avenger Skill Distribution

Strider_pt

Diabloii.Net Member
Avenger Skill Distribution

Obviously an avenger needs vengence and conviction as well as synergies. I was just playing around with my calculator and decided that maybe i can do this...

20 vengence
20 resist light
20 resist fire
20 resist cold
20 conviction
3 holy shield

Its pretty weak in my opinion...I mean the elemental damage will be amazing but i had to sacrifice defence/blocking in holy shield to attain this 1152% total elemental damage (384% each element). Ive looked at Cyrus's avenger pally and it seems solid. Keep in mind, this is just an experiment. Please help me out with suggestions.

P.S. I dont like putting 1 pt in vengence...i see that as a waste. You name a pally after a skill and then dont max it..........so if someone could help explain that to me that would be great.

gzvernon

Diabloii.Net Member
WvX_leader said:
The -% resists on coviction is capped at 25. If you have enough +skills you dont need to waste 20 into it.
what are you talking about at lv 20 conviction can have about -125 resist to enemies which is why vengeance & conviction go hand in hand.

Tyrrel

Diabloii.Net Member
Strider_pt said:
Obviously an avenger needs vengence and conviction as well as synergies. I was just playing around with my calculator and decided that maybe i can do this...

20 vengence
20 resist light
20 resist fire
20 resist cold
20 conviction
3 holy shield

My Paladin is set up pretty much according to Cyrus's guide (except for the extra point I accidentally put into might. doh!)

You are going to want that Holy Shield. Maxed out, it nearly triples your defense. Add a defiance merc (or another paladin) and you are pretty tough to kill.

As an avenger, forget about being the main damage dealer. I find that, in parties, I am better at just being there in the mix and letting my conviction make the bad guys' defense go away. I also rarely die, unless i get Iron Maidened or hit something with thorns aura.

P.S. I dont like putting 1 pt in vengence...i see that as a waste. You name a pally after a skill and then dont max it..........so if someone could help explain that to me that would be great.
I personally think that putting 1 pt into Vengence is a major mistake. Vengence increases your attack rating AND damage. It's great that the damage is increased so much by the synergies, but it helps to be able to hit things. Besides, on a point for point basis, Vengence goes a long way.

Currently, my AR is right at 10,000. I dont miss much.

soulesschild

Diabloii.Net Member
Tyrrel said:
I personally think that putting 1 pt into Vengence is a major mistake. Vengence increases your attack rating AND damage. It's great that the damage is increased so much by the synergies, but it helps to be able to hit things. Besides, on a point for point basis, Vengence goes a long way.

Currently, my AR is right at 10,000. I dont miss much.
you forget that conviction lowers defense...so you dont really need all that AR...

Evanta

Diabloii.Net Member
I'd prefer to just put 10 in Vengence, and put in Holy Shield... the mana drain at lvl 20++ can be quite troublesome. Also, I think looking at a lvl 99 char is a little out of point, as u are in this case...

My pally went like this:

10 Vengence
10 x3 Synergies
20 Conviction
10 Holy Shield
3 Conversion

Don't have much +skills, 'cuz I prefer to load up on % dmg reduction, resists and CB... ^^

so I needed the pts in conversion in sticky situations like fana aura...

gzvernon

Diabloii.Net Member
Evanta said:
I'd prefer to just put 10 in Vengence, and put in Holy Shield... the mana drain at lvl 20++ can be quite troublesome. Also, I think looking at a lvl 99 char is a little out of point, as u are in this case...

My pally went like this:

10 Vengence
10 x3 Synergies
20 Conviction
10 Holy Shield
3 Conversion

Don't have much +skills, 'cuz I prefer to load up on % dmg reduction, resists and CB... ^^

so I needed the pts in conversion in sticky situations like fana aura...
how do you solve your blocking problem if you dont have lv 20 Holy Shield, did you just put more into dex?

Syphilis

Diabloii.Net Member
even with 1 point in vengence, it can be named an avanger because he is killing using vengence.

mhen monsters have -90% to their def, it's like having 10 times more AR (just look at the formula if you don't trust me) so the +AR from vengence is nearly useless !
10.000 AR with conviction ... shall i say 'overkill' ? because it's like having 100.000 AR

my built is like this :
Code:
1  vengence
16 fire res
16 cold res
20 lit res
20 conviction
10 holy shield
1  vigor
1  meditation
1  cleansing
+3 def auras scepter + sigon's guard on switch to help meditation vigor and cleansing.
using a cold act3 merc (+1000dmg/missile with conviction), most corpses are shattering, so redem is out of consideration.
only +2 skills on equipment because it won't help a lot with this buit.

i have to finish pumping the res auras and the buit will be finished.
only +282% * 3 = 846% elemental dmg when the res are pumped but with a low mana cost (4.5).

low mana cost (4%ML is enough), low AR, so more room for other good mods on equipment.

gzvernon

Diabloii.Net Member
Syphilis said:
... shall i say 'overkill' ? because it's like having 100.000 AR
what about the PvP penalty?conviction isnt as effective on other characters as it is monsters ya know. he may want to play PvP with this char.