Avenger questions?

endersdouble

Diabloii.Net Member
Avenger questions?

After reading the Avenger guide, it seems like they could be pretty good, so I've decided to make one. (PvM).
My questions are as follows:
Veangance....adds %ele damage based on physical damage. But is it damage dealt, or damage possible? I.E, let's say my gear doesn't have a single mod on it (all normal stuff) and I have an sword which does 100-150 phys damage, and I attack a Phys Immune. My veagance is +100% ele. If I hit the phys immune, do I do 100-150 each fire/lightning/cold, or no f/l/c. If it's the first, then how do I beat a phys immune?
Second, besides what's in the guide, any gear suggestions?

Any1

Banned
Your Vengeance damage is derived from the Base damage of your weapon. The Base damage is the amount of damage a normal (white) variety of the same weapon will do. Now if the Base Average damage is 50, and you're Vengeance is supposed to boost it by 100%, you get:

50 * 2 = 100 Average Cold damage
50 * 2 = 100 Average Fire damage
50 * 2 = 100 Average Lighning damage

endersdouble

Diabloii.Net Member
so basically, there's no immunes that I have to worry about?

Any other advice?

Oh yah, btw, is it plausible to run this guy as a MF pally? Suggestions on that?

Any1

Banned
The aura is definitely Conviction. It not only lowers Defense Rating and Elemental Resistance, it also breaks elemental immunities of most monsters.

Fanatic Avengers were viable back in 1.09 when you could Flash Conviction.

Ossar

Diabloii.Net Member
But will I do any reasonable damage or am I better of with zeal/fana? Which is the best melee paladin? (shaeffers in mind again) or maybe Griswolds set? Is that any good?

Any1

Banned
Ossar said:
But will I do any reasonable damage or am I better of with zeal/fana? Which is the best melee paladin? (shaeffers in mind again) or maybe Griswolds set? Is that any good?
???

Stop hijacking peoples' threads. The discussion is about Avengers. :rolleyes: