Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Avenger Paladin heading for Baal

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by gabrielop, Mar 24, 2004.

1. gabrielop

gabrielop IncGamers Member

Avenger Paladin heading for Baal

I have an avenger paladin that I started developing well into Act II. Unfortunately, I did not know much about auras before then, but now that I am through the third quest of Act V, it is too late to go back and redevelop him. Anyway, I wanted to get some advice on where to go from here. Here are my current stats:

Level 34 Paladin
    Str 97
    Dex 62
    Vit 73
    Ene 35

Attack Rating 512
    Defense Rating 192

Stamina 176
    Life 322
    Mana 122

Fire Resistance: 75
    Cold Resistance: 51
    Lightning Res.: 75
    Poison Resist: 51

I have the following aura capabilities:

Prayer 2
    Resist Fire 2
    Resist Cold 2
    Salvation 2

Might 3
    Holy Fire 4
    Thorns 6
    Blessed Aim 4
    Holy Freeze 6
    Holy Shock 3

Sacrifice 2
    Smite 3
    Holy Bolt 2
    Charge 2
    Zeal 7
    Vengeance 8

I have at least one item that raises my skills +1, which is why I have more skill points listed above than I should for someone at Level 34. I have been using my Zeal and Holy Freeze for most of the game, but as I read more and more about the last act, I realized that Holy Freeze might not do me much good in the last few quests. I still have a lot of areas to explore before going into Arrerat, so I have a chance to level up at least once or twice. Does anyone have any specific recommendations for continuing in the game? --most of the Paladin Guides are geared towards people at much higher levels.

Thanks for the assistance.

2. WhiskeyJack

WhiskeyJack IncGamers Member

So far as I recall, most avengers use a combination of vengence+conviction+synergies. you might want to start looking at putting pts into conviction if you plan to use vengence as your main attack.

also, check out this guide http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=510

it might help with planning the rest of the build.

cheers,
    WJ

3. TekkaZeroX

TekkaZeroX IncGamers Member

Unfortunately, your build has been highly botched. However, the good news is that you can somewhat recover. :)

What you need to do now is get conviction and vengeance up to 20 ASAP. Also, make sure you get at least one point into holy shield. It can help a little if you get swarmed.

4. Johney

Johney IncGamers Member

looks like my pally at lvl 34..... sure it not following any "build", but you can do what i did, find skills you like, and fill em up. It may not be a perfect build but i had/have a crapload of fun.

5. Milamber

Milamber Banned

As tekka said, and I will reiterate thats one messy character! :)

20 Vengeance
    20 Conviction

I would say add points to Zeal and Fanatacism, but that's my opinion as it will give you two options when you need to recover mana and life...I would go 4-5 in Zeal and as many as you wanted in Fanatacism...but this wouldn't be an Avenger then...

6. TekkaZeroX

Well, there is another solution. You can do the hybrid avenger. It can be very tedious to play, but it is more powerful than the standard 1.10 avenger.

The hybrid avenger uses 20 fanaticism, 20 conviction, 5 zeal, and 20 vengeance. It was a popular build in 1.09, but with the nerfing of aura flashing most players think it is worthless. Well, it is not. There is still a small delay with conviction that you can milk. You just have to get in a good rhythm with flashing conviction and fanaticism. It can actually be more effective than 1.09, but it is hard to get use to at the beginning.

You have some tough choices on what you need to do with your avenger.

7. Milamber

Milamber Banned

I like this hybrid build...it does work well.

8. Stack

Stack IncGamers Member

I would prolly just start over with a new one. But thats just me, I'm a perfectionist, I can't stand a misplaced skill or stat point (not even 1)
    Then with my new pally, I would make my self a Freeze Zealot (my favorite pally build in the whole wide world)​

9. TekkaZeroX

The build does work well and is very powerful. However, it is not a starting build for a diablo paladin newbie. If Gabriel wants to try it he can, but I have had some friends who have had difficulty mastering the hybrid avenger.

At this point, I would say if he is looking for maximum efficiency he needs to restart over.