Avenger Assassin

HellsHarlequin

Diabloii.Net Member
Avenger Assassin

Never played Assassin Before, so this is my first attemp at it. I have a decent avenger paladin and I got the idea of making an assassin avenger. I haven't worked through anything, but it would look something like this:

20 Phoenix Stike
10+ Fists of Fire
20 Claws of Thunder
10+ Blades of Ice
Unknown Finishing move, maybe Dragon Flight
10 Fade/Burst of Speed?
10 Weapons Block

Anyone got any thoughts on this?

Trance757

Diabloii.Net Member
how is that an avenger assassin? an avenger paladin uses vengeance or an elemental zealot uses zeal + elemental damage gear. You're just renaming an obvious MA assassin build, sir.

If you wanted to build an "avenger" assassin, get a gimmershred and + elemental dmg + chance to cast gear, use Venom and use Dragon Talon.

MrGoth

Diabloii.Net Member
~

He might be talking about using a "kingslayer" weapon, it does give +1 to that skill, and it might work when releasing a charge. Not sure at all.

HellsHarlequin

Diabloii.Net Member
When I said "Avenger Assassin" I was not being so literal as you all are. All I was saying was that Vengence uses the three resistances skills to add up the elemental damage, and I was wondering if Phoenix strike + the three Charge up synergies would make for a viable build. No need to accost me.

Lunatic

Diabloii.Net Member
Anidem said:
No CM, Forget your AR and when u do ht it will suk in terms of phsyical damage.
You sir haven't even tried making such a build. I made a sin like that who only put 1 point into CM , and she had almost 7k AR in the end.

I used the following skill deplacement.
20 FoF
20 CoT
20 BoI
20 PS (I used the 3 ele charges , not PS)
1 DF
All shadow skills except venom and Fade 1 point.

After you hit lvl 83 , when everything is maxed , you can put more points into CM if you like , or get a better tank and put some more points into SM.

Now the equipment I used.
Harlequin (UM)
Highlord's (more phys dmg = more leech)
2 * bartucs (switched to 2 * ethereal ones after lvl 69)
Chains of honor armor (wire fleece)
crafted gloves. (+2 MA , 3% LL , 20% IAS , 20 life , 7% CB , 27% fire resist , ...)
1 raven (20/249)
1 dual leech ring from classic (yes it's a dupe ring , but it's a nice one) (7%ML , 6% LL , 10x AR , 15% all resist , and alittle mana)
Tgods (the +max resist helps alot more then getting alittle more %DR and %LL from strings)
Gore riders.

As for charms I used 6 * +1 MA skill charms , annihilus and 5 * life / resist sc's to fill up the gaps in my resist. That way I can use my cube + 2 books and still have 2 * 4 room left to pick up some items.

I had 75 / 85 / 6x / 6x resist with this equipment , 20 lightning absorb and 20% cold. And she really kicked *** in everthing around 5 player games and less. Above the killing speed went alittle less , but then again , all characters have this problem. :)

HellsHarlequin

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks for the help. I was wondering if I should put points into Burst of Speed or Fade? I can't decide if I'd want the extra resistance or speed. and what about Weapons block?

Lunatic

Diabloii.Net Member
If you're going to use any of the 3 elemental charge-ups you need to use BoS if you want to get the max speed. If you have around +9 shadow skills in total 1 point in WB will suffice. getting it up to lvl 26 for 60% block isn't really worth it IMHO. For pvm it isn't that is. Unless you have enough spare points.

whathappen

Diabloii.Net Member
Hey Lunatic, I been looking for a guide on this build for quite sometime. Everyone post trapsins and TS-around build. Back in 1.09 I made a PS assi in HC she made it to 60+ been killed by a hidra-sorc PK. Few questions:

- What is your main finisher, DF? Isn't it 1 point too little for the chances to hit?
- I have the 2 bartucs but many of the other equipment seems expensive. Are these things must have for this build?
- Do you use a merc? which?
- What is your str/dex/life/mana?
- When are you going to post a complete guide?

Lunatic said:
You sir haven't even tried making such a build. I made a sin like that who only put 1 point into CM , and she had almost 7k AR in the end.

I used the following skill deplacement.
20 FoF
20 CoT
20 BoI
20 PS (I used the 3 ele charges , not PS)
1 DF
All shadow skills except venom and Fade 1 point.

After you hit lvl 83 , when everything is maxed , you can put more points into CM if you like , or get a better tank and put some more points into SM.

Now the equipment I used.
Harlequin (UM)
Highlord's (more phys dmg = more leech)
2 * bartucs (switched to 2 * ethereal ones after lvl 69)
Chains of honor armor (wire fleece)
crafted gloves. (+2 MA , 3% LL , 20% IAS , 20 life , 7% CB , 27% fire resist , ...)
1 raven (20/249)
1 dual leech ring from classic (yes it's a dupe ring , but it's a nice one) (7%ML , 6% LL , 10x AR , 15% all resist , and alittle mana)
Tgods (the +max resist helps alot more then getting alittle more %DR and %LL from strings)
Gore riders.

As for charms I used 6 * +1 MA skill charms , annihilus and 5 * life / resist sc's to fill up the gaps in my resist. That way I can use my cube + 2 books and still have 2 * 4 room left to pick up some items.

I had 75 / 85 / 6x / 6x resist with this equipment , 20 lightning absorb and 20% cold. And she really kicked *** in everthing around 5 player games and less. Above the killing speed went alittle less , but then again , all characters have this problem. :)

HellsHarlequin

Diabloii.Net Member
After a bit of playing, I was wondering if cutting the FoF out of the build would hurt too much. I was thinking:

BoI: 20
CoT: 20
Phoenix Strike: 20
Dragon Flight: 1
Burst of Speed: 6
Weapons Block: 10
Shadow: 20
11 Prerequises

108 Points

I have two questions however. One may be a stupid question, one may not. First, which shadow do I max? One would think the shadow master, but if I maxed Shadow Warrior I could have her use BoI while I use CoT, or vice Versa. Secondly, what about shaeled Jade Talons? they seem to have roughly the same +skills, but Jade Talons have more damage and a hellava lot more resistance.

Lunatic

Diabloii.Net Member
whathappen said:
Hey Lunatic, I been looking for a guide on this build for quite sometime. Everyone post trapsins and TS-around build. Back in 1.09 I made a PS assi in HC she made it to 60+ been killed by a hidra-sorc PK. Few questions:

- What is your main finisher, DF? Isn't it 1 point too little for the chances to hit?
- I have the 2 bartucs but many of the other equipment seems expensive. Are these things must have for this build?
- Do you use a merc? which?
- What is your str/dex/life/mana?
- When are you going to post a complete guide?
You can get by with lower equipment ofcourse. I don't know what you can and can't get but here's some alternative equipment that will work ok I guess.

Helmet
Rockstopper (this helmet is very underrated , but it's quite nice)
Talrasha's mask (the same as above)
Stealskull.
Peasant crown.

Amu
Mara's.
any +2 sin amu with resist.
eye of etlich (this one helps your BoI with the freezing too)
a plain +2 sin amu

Armor.
Smoke armor (Nef + Lum)
Lionheart (Hel + Lum + Fal)
Vipermagi (the resist and the +skill help alot)
Duriel's shell (this armor is very underrated too)

Gloves.
Anything with 20% IAS really. Since with 2 bartucs you need a lvl 9 BoS + 20% IAS in order to hit the max speed with FoF , CoT or BoI.

Belt.
Wilhelms pride.
Nightsmoke (No joke , the 50% dmg goes mana will fill up your mana orb , which means no need for ML:))
Strings.
Tgods (this belt is probally the best belt to go for , if you have access to it)
Credendum looks ok too , although I would pick wilhelms over it)

Rings.
I would try to get a raven , a low one isn't pricey at all. For your second ring try to get something with some LL and some resist is possible. I think resist is more importent then the actuall leech. You can use cobra strike from time to time if you need leech , resist is always the same , and can't be adjusted that fast.

Boots.
Waterwalks are quite nice. They can add up to 105 life (65 life + 3 * 15 from dex)
Gore rider's shouldn't be that hard to get either.
Some rare boots with 30% run , nice resist are ok too I guess.

Charms.
Get some resist charms to fill up the gaps. I cannot stress enough about the importance of getting good resist. After that your main concern is life charms.

About the guide thing , perhaps I will write one soon. It was a fun build which could kill just about everything in the game. But I'm busy atm so can't write it now. ;)

Lunatic

Diabloii.Net Member
HellsHarlequin said:
After a bit of playing, I was wondering if cutting the FoF out of the build would hurt too much. I was thinking:

BoI: 20
CoT: 20
Phoenix Strike: 20
Dragon Flight: 1
Burst of Speed: 6
Weapons Block: 10
Shadow: 20
11 Prerequises

108 Points

I have two questions however. One may be a stupid question, one may not. First, which shadow do I max? One would think the shadow master, but if I maxed Shadow Warrior I could have her use BoI while I use CoT, or vice Versa. Secondly, what about shaeled Jade Talons? they seem to have roughly the same +skills, but Jade Talons have more damage and a hellava lot more resistance.
The shadow warrior still isn't to bright. By the time she charges 3 charges you released 3 times already. It's just not worth it. A SM tanks alot better , and uses MB / CoS too from time to time (which can save your ***).

Bartucs are superior to Jade in just about every way. The only time I would pick Jade over bartucs if my resist is crippled. But the anya quest + armor + charms usually give me enough resist already. Which means I can choose bartucs over Jade.

whathappen

Diabloii.Net Member
Thank you, Lunatic! I actually have most of the things you mentioned. About the shadow, my trapsin uses a mazed shadow amster and its amazing. I don;t know how much eleemnt resist it has but it seems a lot. A keeper.

Lunatic said:
You can get by with lower equipment ofcourse. I don't know what you can and can't get but here's some alternative equipment that will work ok I guess.

Helmet
Rockstopper (this helmet is very underrated , but it's quite nice)
Talrasha's mask (the same as above)
Stealskull.
Peasant crown.

Amu
Mara's.
any +2 sin amu with resist.
eye of etlich (this one helps your BoI with the freezing too)
a plain +2 sin amu

Armor.
Smoke armor (Nef + Lum)
Lionheart (Hel + Lum + Fal)
Vipermagi (the resist and the +skill help alot)
Duriel's shell (this armor is very underrated too)

Gloves.
Anything with 20% IAS really. Since with 2 bartucs you need a lvl 9 BoS + 20% IAS in order to hit the max speed with FoF , CoT or BoI.

Belt.
Wilhelms pride.
Nightsmoke (No joke , the 50% dmg goes mana will fill up your mana orb , which means no need for ML:))
Strings.
Tgods (this belt is probally the best belt to go for , if you have access to it)
Credendum looks ok too , although I would pick wilhelms over it)

Rings.
I would try to get a raven , a low one isn't pricey at all. For your second ring try to get something with some LL and some resist is possible. I think resist is more importent then the actuall leech. You can use cobra strike from time to time if you need leech , resist is always the same , and can't be adjusted that fast.

Boots.
Waterwalks are quite nice. They can add up to 105 life (65 life + 3 * 15 from dex)
Gore rider's shouldn't be that hard to get either.
Some rare boots with 30% run , nice resist are ok too I guess.

Charms.
Get some resist charms to fill up the gaps. I cannot stress enough about the importance of getting good resist. After that your main concern is life charms.

About the guide thing , perhaps I will write one soon. It was a fun build which could kill just about everything in the game. But I'm busy atm so can't write it now. ;)

Lunatic

Diabloii.Net Member
Well the thing is you won't have that much spare points unless you want to take your sin over lvl 90. With lvl 83 and 1 point in the shadow tree (except fade and venom) + max skills you're done. After that you can either put the rest of your points into CM , WB or SM really. It really depends on the situation.