Aussie Multiplayers??

loveratbaby

Diabloii.Net Member
Aussie Multiplayers??

Is there an Aussie contigent that MP together? Or, if you join OS games - how is the lag factorrrr? I am keen , once I move and get settled, to hook up with some of you dudes =D

DeathMaster

Diabloii.Net Member
loveratbaby said:
Is there an Aussie contigent that MP together? Or, if you join OS games - how is the lag factorrrr? I am keen , once I move and get settled, to hook up with some of you dudes =D

What the #@$% you think to move to aussi? Just kidding. Where in aussi? For your best interest, internet here sux, not just normal sux, but super sux. If you get used to what in the states/UK/Japan/korea ..., you can never stand the internet connection here. Be ready to pay more and get less.
And the only way you could play online, get ADSL or Cable here, but not all city areas are ADSL/Cable enabled, and the price is rip off (much better now).

Slothman

Diabloii.Net Member
Well i live in country NSW, on 56k dial up (get 42kb/s :evil: ) and i occasionally host an mp game, the people from USA have terrible ping (sorry guys!) around 600-800 i think
ive never joined an mp game yet i think so im not sure about our lag factor for people in usa etc hosting...
im not sure if there is a contingent :scratch: but hell id join/create one depending on how i go in the next few weeks (starting uni at usyd :surprise: )

IceDragon79

Diabloii.Net Member
well i'm Adelaide on dial up (49.2 at best) and i know that lag for us when OS hosted is bad.

i'm talking swing at monster for 3 minutes and never hit, stop swinging and monster falls over dead instantly bad.

not sure if there is a MP group here.. i guess the lack of high speed connections is the big weakness

loveratbaby

Diabloii.Net Member
yeah =/ I am on Optus cable atm but will be changing to a country cable network which is also pretty good. Hrmmm bah Aus needs cheaper more accesible broadband!

Liter Soul

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, I had 2 Aussies connect to my game today (I live in Boston, USA. That'd be east coast.) and they pinged around 200. Definately not bad, if I do say so.

Icebird

Diabloii.Net Member
I've hosted a few games which TrenShadow has joined from Australia. I'm not sure whether he has dial-up or highspeed, but the lag didn't seem to be unbearable.

Chris

TrenShadow

Diabloii.Net Member
Icebird said:
I've hosted a few games which TrenShadow has joined from Australia. I'm not sure whether he has dial-up or highspeed, but the lag didn't seem to be unbearable.

Chris
56k Modem ;) Usually get ping of around 600-1000ms to US hosted games, which is slightly annoying, but definately playable. Have even hosted a few OS people (up to 3) and they all said that it wasn't too bad.

Just moved house and we've got Cable :D Now just have to find the time to set up my desk/computer/etc so I can play again

TrenShadow

Diabloii.Net Member
I guess it's a case of what you're used to ... I played on the realms for around 2 years, and used to average ~400-600ms. Even though I've mostly played SP for the last 2 years, I'm still used to high ping times when playing MP. At 1000 it does definately get a bit annoying, but rarely so bad I have to give up.

Bolinbrooke

Diabloii.Net Member
I live in country QLD and MP alot with people here. As long as the host is Cable I dont have any problemes on my end.

Are you considering hosting a MP group?

Solanaceae

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm on dial-up in Perth. As I can only get online at late hours, I usually end up MP'ing with people from the US/UK. The ping is generally not too bad - it occasionally goes up to 1000 but will drop down again after a little while. If it gets really bad I have dropped out of the game constantly for a minute or two but then again, I've been in full games with a US host and the players scattered all over the globe and the ping was fantastic. That was just a one-off but overall the playing experience is still enjoyable. I just keep an eye on the ping and if it's creeping up, then I just make sure I'm not spamming LF (just an example) too much and I don't run into too many problems.

loveratbaby

Diabloii.Net Member
I sure hope to once I move (Wednesday driving fdrom Sydney to Ballarat). I will be on cable there as well (I thank the lord my dad is a geek!). From Optus I used to ping around 190 or so to Bnet and wow if I can hook up to the US players with a 200 or so ping that would rock =)