Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Auras...

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Scrute, Apr 9, 2004.

1. Scrute

Scrute IncGamers Member

Auras...

My cousin says you can have two active at once... Is this true, if so how? *hoping it's not a bug/glitch, if it's even true*

2. Mythological

Mythological IncGamers Member

You can do so if your merc has an aura, if you wear items that have auras on them, or if your mercenary wears such an item. You yourself as a paladin can't put two auras on just out of your list of auras you have points in.

That's just silly.

*giggles*

3. nikstone

nikstone IncGamers Member

That means buddy, you can have one skill aura and as many auras more wich are provided on certain items.
    Thats the same thing that Mythological said , only in different words, hehe. :flip:

4. wildjinn

wildjinn IncGamers Member

your cousin is probably speaking from 1.09 experience, when auras would stay around for a little while if you turned them off--that let you "flash" auras and have 2 active basically all the time if you flashed them right. the aura delay has been fixed with 1.10 to disallow that behavior.

edit: but those dudes above me are absolutely correct on the multiple auras from items and mercs--just not your character from skills alone.

5. Zarhrezz

Zarhrezz IncGamers Member

Anyone remember that image of the necro with like 5-6 auras active? Something like Holy Fire on merc weapon, Might from merc, Thorns from armor, Fanatism from weapon and some spirit...the life one I believe. And I think the Iron Golem added the last one.

6. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

With items and runewords its possible to get 7 auras between your paladin and merc. I think the cost of such a setup is well more then the advantage it would provide. The 7 auras able to be turned on by using items are;

2 thorns from Bramble rune word on both merc and paly
    1 holy freeze from Doom runeword on merc
    1 defience from Exile runeword on paly
    1 (might most likely) from merc itself
    1 (either holy fire from Azurewrath, holy freeze from Doom runeword, Fanaticism from Beast runeword, or holy fire from Hand of Justice runeword)
    1 any others from the paly himself

So its possible to have 7 auras but the runes needed are more then staggering these rune include 4 ohms, a cham, a ber, 2 ums, a lum and others