Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Auras on monsters????

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by The big "T", Mar 11, 2004.

1. The big "T"

The big "T" IncGamers Member

Auras on monsters????

I can honestly say that after 2 years of playing this game I still don't recognize the specific auras on monsters other then whoa there's and aura take care. I pretty much only run barbs. Are the auras on monsters=auras generated by character classes? Can you have multiple auras on a single monster or group of? Is there somewhere on the net I can go and acquire knowledge on this stuff (like the outcome if i'm standing next to one when I drop it)?

2. WingBlade

WingBlade IncGamers Member

You can learn about auras by checking out the skills of a Paladin.

Most common auras are:

Might
    Conviction
    Fanaticism

U can have multiple mods on a creature, however if there are 2 or more aura based monsters, their auras may stack... and they gain auras or mods that they don't initially possess.

3. masakerr

masakerr IncGamers Member

Auras are Auras. Monsters or player characters, they are the same. Ask a Paladin to show you what the different colors mean. The green one is really nasty on immunities.

Masa

4. DFA-FrstbyteOO

DFA-FrstbyteOO IncGamers Member

yes some packs can obtain multiple auras only IF they are in range of another pack that is giving a DIFFERENT aura other than the aura they already have. So lets say boss pack one has the Fanat aura.. and not too far away bosspack #2 has the might aura.. then both packs now have Fanat/Might.. add in extra fast mod and you better run of the hills.

check out the paladin guides if you want to know what the auras are and which to watch for and whatnot.

5. Shuck

Shuck IncGamers Member

Just wondering what determines the level of the aura?

Are they all at a set level, or is it the difficulty lvl, or the monster level?

6. Bearcub

Bearcub IncGamers Member

And if you are extreamly unlucky and another boss is mearby with conviction and their is some fire archers nearby, forget running or quitting just read the deeds screen.

7. madman68

madman68 IncGamers Member

Heck, after two years, I still can't tell the difference between a cracked sash and string of ears. :p

Man I need help

|madman

8. masakerr

masakerr IncGamers Member

ROTFLMAO In that case I have a cracked sash ... I mean stirng of ears I'll sell ya

Masa

9. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Conviction = Pretty Green Arura of Death if elementals are near
    Fanta = Burnt Orange Arura of Death if they are big or fast hitters....big and fast hitters reall stink
    Might = a whole bunch of monsters all over the place hitting hard. The good about this one is there is no AR boost only damage so if D is good its not normally an issue unless they are already tuff hitting monsters. With Fanta they all become good hitters

Fanta is small pack of distruction while Might has a hughe radius meaning if you run around like a lunatic you could have the whole freaking place with might

OH might = white spike looking at monters feet

Blessed Aim = Red Dashed Circle or Ever Hitting......now this one ist a big issure unless they are heavy hitters which this then gives them hughe AR bonuses thus meaning they will al hit you. So since al hit you even a pack of not so big hitters can be big trouble. Never under estimate Blessed Aim

Other Aruras that are "personal" meaning only one monster is affected not the whole pack in range are these"

Holy Shock = lightning at feet Now this use to be potentially nasty in 1.09, not sure it was changed so I treat it as a potential ton of light damage. Holy shockers do damage like this 1-10000 (not actual numbers) which means holy Shockers might "tickle" you 50 times and then on time they drop a bomb on you with a high roll. Sort of lull you to sleep then smack you down.

Holy Fire = Firey ring around one monsters feet. This is normally little concern but can be quick death to low lvl rushing characters with no resists. i can count how many sorcs went in Red to di from one holy Fire or Shock pulse in 1.10!

holy Freeze = Now although this arura in itself doesnt give great damage of course it slow you. Now for the WW Barb this arura doesnt mean squat and it actually acts as it helps triggering more hits per lenght of whirl. This arura however can be a starter for a quick death if it spawns on heavy hitters making your attacks and escape a lot slower! Arura is an Icy Mist at the feet and YOU TURN BLUE and move slow even if you have cannot be frozen!

Thorns and Concentrate dont spawn on monsters.

Now as for lvls......I have heard that in 1.09 Hell it was very possible for Aruras to be in the high 30's in lvl.

Any multi boss pack which is even more likely now than I have ever seen could easily have two bad aruras and Amp and that is just sick and nasty. It really pays to go forward to contact and then let them come to you because as you charge more things see you and those more things combined with the current ones could make an easily handled situation your next death!

10. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Now dont be too hard on the guy......if he hasnt played Pallys its possible to not know all of them.

BTW,

Fanta adds AR damage and speed
    Might only damage
    Blessed Aim BIG AR
    Conviction lowers your defense and resists greatly

11. WingBlade

WingBlade IncGamers Member

Exactly Stinger, he even stated he just got into playing a Baba...

12. The big "T"

The big "T" IncGamers Member

Much thanks folks!

I've never run a pally and thus I = aura ignoramous, but considering the output of those suckers (the auras) it may be time to try.

I've tended to the babas for the melee (I'ld rather stand in your face and hit you with a stick then stand back and spell - personality thing). Sounds like the pally might be a viable build for wacking D2. The babas aren't to great for such work these 1.10 days. Another thought another thread.

13. terrymanning

terrymanning IncGamers Member

Thanks to BO (battle orders, that is), Barbs are more robust than your ordinary everyday melee pally, regardless of auras. If you are having trouble with melee Barbs, you might find a harder time with melee pallys. Just my .02 cents.

TM

14. WackenOpenAir

WackenOpenAir IncGamers Member

I never knew it either, play a paladin once, use some the aura's a bit and you are familiar with them :)

To be short: green aura means RUN !

Also good to play a necro some times to recognise the curses. IM i always recognised already before, but before i played a necro i never knew what it actually was that made me go so slow sometimes (decrepify)

15. Mad Merlin

Mad Merlin IncGamers Member

If I remember correctly, most monster auras spawn at mlvl/2, with the exception of fanta, which spawns at mlvl/4.

16. Cleglaw_Himself

Cleglaw_Himself IncGamers Member

I was the same with necro's and curses.
    I could never tell the difference between iron maiden, weaken etc until I started playing necros.
    Once you play a pally for a while, you'll know.

17. Tinfoot

Tinfoot IncGamers Member

As a side tangent, last night I came across a Pack Boss (had the Might Aura and a couple other mods) and threw a decrepify on it. What surprised me is that one of the mods disappeared with decrepify on it (not the Aura, but I think it was a Physical Resistant mod - can't recall clearly).

I threw it on the same boss goon a second time just to ensure I was seeing right, but I had only enough time to verify that yes one of the mods disappeared but not entirely too sure which one... my merc made mince-meat of it too quickly :p

This is the first time I've noticed this... Anyone have any additional info on this?

18. CoonerTheRed

CoonerTheRed IncGamers Member

you guys give TERRIBLE advice! I was playing around the other day with my favorite character, when all of a sudden i see the "pretty green aura of death" form around me. Of course, I took your advice and RAN. The faster I ran, the more I saw the pretty green aura of death... first on the quill rat, the the zombie! I had it, they had it, we all had it! I ran faster! It didn't work! Finally I made it back to town, and even there I had the pretty green aura of death. Everyone I told about it laughed at me, finally Akara stopped giggling long enough to tell me it was MY CONVICTION! (oops) :D

19. Squatdog

Squatdog IncGamers Member

Fanatism is the one aura that causes involuntary bowel constriction when I see the graphic. For some reason, they also tend to be Extra Fast which means you have a mob-on-steroids FLYING at you, doing big damage and attacking like madmen...

Conviction is worse if it's on a elemental-based pack and THE absolute worst is if it's on Black Souls *shudder*

"one of the mods disappeared but not entirely too sure which one"

Amplify Damage takes off Physical Immune entirely and Decrepify reduces it by 50%(which causes the mod to disapear).

20. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

Conviction isn't that bad, you just need a bunch of resists...I know some sorcs who have enough LR to keep 85% lightning res while conviced+LR'd (yay for one acronym meaning different things...)

Fanat is the nasty one. On moonlords. That are extra fast. While you're amped. And trying to dodge dolls, just for good measure.