Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Auradin still viable PvP?

Discussion in 'PvP' started by IMCanadian, Sep 12, 2006.

1. IMCanadian

IMCanadian IncGamers Member

Auradin still viable PvP?

Are they? I haven't seen many around since I came back. Big change from when those ladder Rws came out.

IMC :grin:

2. conor rocks

conor rocks IncGamers Member

Yes they are just annoying.

3. emar

emar IncGamers Member

Viable if you know how to play.

Most (see majority of) pub auradins suck, you see them in teams with sorcy's or fc zons. Skill-less duelers for the most part that give auradins a rough name.

Very fun build for PvP though, I play one :)

4. IMCanadian

@Emar:I never did make a full-fledged auradin. I had a aura/FoH hybrid, I wrote a guide:grin: I think it sucked (lolz). Did you play offensive aura (like attacking them, charging and suck), or did you run and let them die? Also, do you think aura/foh (I used Holy Fire) would be viable?

Edit: Oh did you go dragon, dragon hoj?, dream dream? or hoj dragon dream dream?

5. emar

emar IncGamers Member

I play offensively for the most part, pansy duels are for suckers - but sadly you can aurakill a great number of people. Charge and the like for the majority of duels.

FoH hybrid could be viable if you could work it with the gear/charms. You can free up alot of key spots for more DR, Resists, etc. Definitely a cool idea.

And to answer your question, I went a more conventional auradin with dual HoJ and dual Dream. I have quite a bit of stash gear too to be considerably more versatile, can be a pain however.

6. Uchiha Sasuke

Uchiha Sasuke Banned

Dreamerdin... theres a guide on these forums for it. I think that guy wrtoe it... not sure =/

7. SicHalo

SicHalo IncGamers Member

yeah a foh auradin can work i used to use a fire aura foh and it worked well cuz with 2 elements it makes it a little harder to stack and my aura got fully synergised and everything.

Auradin is viable but a bit of a lame, most like to charge around and watch ppl die from the aura i used to play abit offensive maybe charge certain chars but the reason why i ditched the auradin was the build as a whole is rather irritating, requires very little skills to get used to.

i used 2 part dragon, Hoj and griffons to lift my foh up so i still had the aura and like 5k + foh

8. IMCanadian

I was thinking of aura for...erm, BM more or less. I'm not a start-it-call-names-nk-for-no-reason BM person. I would be like lemme go get my BM killer when someone nks my poor wolfie for no reason. I liked auras and Im glad to see less of them these days. I just tested a FoH/holy fire/holy shock. My FoH is only 1.2k I wear sojs, arach, dream dream dragon hoj, maras, cta switch, 9xoff gcs and ptorch. This is my reasonable gear, I don't want to spend a load on pcombs, and I have everything I listed. 1.2k is loooww, but with sources of dmg would that matter? I remember form my FoH/Holy Fire hybrid, I had round 4k foh. Which do you think would be better? Another question of have, is it still that when you are facing off vs another Conviction pally, is your aura negated (meaning you don't minus his res), if he has a higher level aura. Because with all those off auras, I need very few points in conv to get 25. TY Emar.

Edit: oh, I am really into dueling with my wolfie, but he needs to be prepared well to duel, and I have alot of gear switches, so I can't really take on two BM players at once. I mainly want my aura or aura/foh to own them, they leave and then continue dueling. Like my wolfies guard!

9. Uchiha Sasuke

Uchiha Sasuke Banned

http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=598
    http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=598

Both links are the same.

Edit: Thats not the build I wanted... =/ I can't seem to find it.

10. IMCanadian

TY Monkey, I have read this before actually, althougt it might work well, I didnt think of it at an option and I have all the for it. I wrote a guide on FoH/Holy Fire, so I should be an expert but that was before I quit and now I'm not sure, I wasnt around long enough to see the full effect of him, and I don't see many auras around today. My real question is Duel Aura/FoH, Duel Aura/Charge, or Single aura FoH (Hfire), Dreamdin>Torchdin I think, Dreamer sees to do better phys Damage also and both dream Rws add res.

11. emar

emar IncGamers Member

It all depends on who you think is going to BM you. You can have a harder time with some builds over others when it comes down to it. If you think sorcy's, assasins and zons are going to BM you, then this build will eat them. Some necs, druids, barbs and hammerdins can be a bit harder depending on skill - but we are talking pubs after all - most aren't even worth your time.

I suppose with FoH you will be able to handle dueling with a bit of running for sturdier chars. Definitely a safer option than learning when and where to charge.

He will need to have stashed gear for some BM players. Sorbing/Fading/Salv Pally, prisoning Necs, etc. Oh I don't know if you have taken an Auradin, hybrid or not into a dueling games, but you surprise many a folk and expect to be called "Sorber" "Stacker" "Noob" "BM" and whatever else the B.net trash spews out. All that even if you never, ever absorb :rolleyes:

Yes, higher conviction overrides in a sense the lower conviction. IMO competing with a FoHer for a higher conviction is useless - use Salv or RL. Easy enough.

12. IMCanadian

Haha, good idea emar never though. Well, I am experiance, I'm a pretty good dueler, experiance in both pubby and privi. I think FoH/Hfire would be pretty sweet, no one has really seen em around. So, would you say three Hfire auras (dragon, dragon, hoj) and a griffs for high FoH? or Go duel Aura, with low FoH dmg for extra atk. I'm not sure how much only a griffs would increase FoH, and with duel auras, It has the same aura Dmg as a CVA.

Ps: sorry bout mass amount of replys!

Edit: Oh I still have 10k Charge with duel aura/foh, I could always throw a grief or beast in stash if I hada.

13. emar

emar IncGamers Member

I'm not quite sure which would be more effective.

I just tested some damage on my Auradin - With HoJ/Dragon ~4.5k Charge. If you pair that with ~4k FoH that may be ok.

3 Fire auras gives me ~6.4k Charge. Not enormous increase. Is it worth it though to eat all those gear spots?

Dual fire/Dual lightning ~12k Charge.

I think personally if you want to go hybrid to leave the shield and hat open and try the fire (HoJ/Dragon). That way you could pair HoZ/ CoA or something just as funky. Or you could open the armor slot with Dragon Shield. But there really are much better Shield available. DR/FHR are things you need to really hit on.

It's workable, especially if you have the budget and are willing to make the investment.

My stash has a few more items than one extra weapon unfortunately :sad2: But he is able to take on most if not all opponents with switching if necessary. Thankfully the pub setup works 99% of the time.

14. primerib

primerib IncGamers Member

Personally, I would go the daydreamer route. If this build is for "bming" pubs, then you're going to be sorbed if you're just one element. Lightning auradins are a different breed. Their elemental dmg fluctuates a lot, but they can equip a grief to mix the two damages. I like fire because of its consistent damage, and a lot of people have a hard time stacking fire res. The build is still viable.

15. IMCanadian

Haha, you talked about my guide, thats sweet. I read the thread I posted about name choosin and someone posted priest or priestdin as a name something liek that. I never notice it till recently, I kinda liek that better:sad:. I think I'll go duel aura/foh. The test I did was with bad gear, but I own it all and even tho its only 1k foh, there a 12k charge to back me up. With three different dmg sources (four actually) of dmg, I can't be stopped. And I feel I'm fine fro Dr/fhr (I threw bfists on for a bit), But im planning on running away and laughing as they die. Ppl will get mad and be like "n00b, you suck and so on" and I will say " well you did it to my fury/rabies druid who was just trying to duel, but you dont like it when it's done to you". Maybe a dreamer since they are very good offensive, sorta like how BM smiters just charge up and kill you fast.

16. emar

emar IncGamers Member

GL.

What kind of gear you planning to use? Just curious to see how others are building theirs. If you are on East L feel free to PM me if you wanna duel when your Auradin is finished.

17. IMCanadian

Haha I am on east ladder. Hydr0lisk2, B166er or CB. are my accs. Is emar urs? I will be using 9xoff gc, 18/19 torch, 20 life scs(I might need res), mayb a anni. 2xsojs, arach, maras, dream protector, dragon wire, hoj pb (or crystal, but I think I'm goin max block so pb isnt a problem), dream bone visage, not sure of boots.

If I go DayDreamer (priest maybe I'll change name?), then hoj pb, dragon wire, dragon protector, maras, soj, soj, shako or ber ber coa (eew high str), same gear basicly. 6bo cta and pally spirit on switch for both.

I will duel you when I'm done, prehaps youd like to duel my wolf, he is not completed yet, but is well on his way at 43k rabies, 13k fury (no mon, no dweb). Seeya on east!

18. Josiphos

Josiphos IncGamers Member

Hiya. I've had a double dream/double dragon HOJ build for a few weeks now. Maybe I can give you some of my insights:

I only put 1 point in salvation and went with max FoH. The theory being I could stay away from some people and ping them with my FoH, since I already had l25 conviction...it seemed a logical choice.

Eh. Didn't really work that well. And I was using 9 pComb charms to boost the damage. I think the problem is gear selection: I only had rings, belt, boots, ammy for resists and dr...not enough +skills (and no FoH stick) to get the FoH damage up into reasonable ranges. [Incidentally, i used aldurs boots, raven, resist ring, and a maras ammie...with my max resists being so high...I needed LOTS of resists sc to get them up]

My guy eats sorcs, trapsins, bowzons for lunch. Smart windies are harder, but I'd say I still have the advantage. Every trapsin I duel accuses me of sorbing.:laugh:

The major problem is smiters. They pop on salvation and charge me = death. Only if they are incredibly dumb can I beat them. Zealers kill me too. Barb (bvc) are near impossible with tele. BvB are tough...but its usually a draw: I cant kill them and they cant catch me. I thought FoH would help in that matchup...but slow casting speed allows them to get to me, so I can't really use it.

In order to get good FoH ( I actually had enough points to put 5 synergies into it) I had to sacrifice holy shield...which killed my defense and part of my blocking. My main auras are also lower damage without complete salvation synergies. I was just going over rebuilds of mine, and I have some thoughts for both of us:

First: use Pcomb GC....not off aura. You should only shoot for l25 convic after +skills. Anymore is a waste. If you cant get Pcomb, I'd use some other type of gc like life and resists. Off aura gc do really nothing for you. Pcomb ( I can't believe these are going for up to 3 hr now...nuts) boost HS, charge, smite, zeal...basically everything.

Second; I'd do the Dream/Dragon HoJ double thing set up the same. It only leaves you with a Dungo for Dr...but Dr ammies are pretty scarce.:wink:
    Basically smiters are going to beat him. Period. You have a chance if they are dumb, but any decent one = gg. What I was gonna put points into to help with meele this time is max HS. Great defense, super high blocking. Also a 1pt smite is better than nothing; you have an elite pally shield with max HS! Use it to bash something with!

This time around I'm going to Max salvation (only 1 pt last time, 13 pnts this time at l 90) will be filled last for pumping damage while running/ charging away.

I'm debating on 1 pt zeal (with +skills obviously) since it seemed to work pretty well as a main attack vs low def chars. I'm not sure its needed since they were the easy targets to begin with...but...its only 2 skill points to be able to use it, and the damage if it connects...wow. Maybe I'd have to use metalgrid for Ar and some ar charms. Those 2 pts could be taken out of Salvation...L10 (@ L89) might be good enough.

Lemme know if you have any other questions. I'm not sure if the Double dream/ no dragon/ FoH would work (it might!), but double dream/double dragon certainly does NOT.

EDIT: I was computing some numbers for the zeal...and the 1 pt is not going to be viable. Ar is too low to hit anything..so looks like charge/smite backup is all we got

19. IMCanadian

I was thinking 2x dragon, HoJ set up maxing FoH/Hshock. The off auras add to Hshock, which is a synergy to FoH and lower my points needed in Conviction to hit 25. All the rest of my gear is skills. I was planning to stay away from everything, so the only thing I opted for my Max Block. 3.2k Foh With that set-up.

I was thinking I could go standard duel aura CVA, Like masterazns guide in pally forums describes, only with less gear switching. But I was also thinking about Dreamadin, as I remember they threw down some hefty dmg and the use of only 2 dreams frees up alot of space. I just don't wanna chase after casters and end up dieing do to my follwing, where with aura I just spurt around and their done. I'll have to test some stuff out, I already own everything, so It's not like im trading for different gear, I'm just building characters, which days a day to know if they suck or they pwn:laugh:

20. Josiphos

Josiphos IncGamers Member

Off aura GC wont help your dream/dragon HOJ auras. They stack, but do not get bonuses from +skill items. They will only boost your conviction level...which would be l 24 from just your torch and anni...

I think your idea above is possible. You could make HoJ in a +3 FoH scepter...but good luck finding one of those! Hmm. You might have something there. L44 holy fire with synergies could give decent damage allowing you to wear CoA or something. Here's a good skill calculator I've been using, maybe you've seen it.

http://diablo2.ingame.de/spiel/skills/calc/index.php?lang=en

You could figure out your gear and skill and get the damage from that. The conclusion I came to (too late) was that the FoH damage didnt get into useful PvP ranges...not for the investment of 30 some odd skill points.