Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Auradin help needed

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by GcGX, May 24, 2008.

1. GcGX

GcGX IncGamers Member

Auradin help needed

Well I finally have almost all of my gear for my auradin, and I still haven't used any stats or skill (he's lv 85 atm). I've looked through 3 or 4 guides for an auradin since this will be my first, so I just want to double check on gear and skills, because I don't want to mess up on him.

Gear:
    Helm- Dream BV
    Body- Dragon DS
    Weapon- Hand of Justice Zerker / I could make another one but in a Dimensional Blade, but would charge go to waste then?
    Shield- Only item I haven't gotten yet, not sure if I should just trade for a Dream bone shield or wait until I find a Pally Dream shield
    Amulet- Metalgrid
    Boots- Imp Shanks
    Gloves- Bloodfists
    Belt- Verdungos
    Rings- 2x Raven Frosts

Invent- Anni/torch/ Unsure for charms I was thinking some 20 lifers and 5 fhr sc's

Skills:
    20 - Resist Fire
    20 - Resist Lightning
    20 - Salvation
    20 - Conviction
    11 - Holy Shield
    Rest into charge

I found this skill layout from the best guide I could find, but I'm not 100% sure if it is the best choices.

Any help on skills or gear I'd really appreciate, thanks in advance.

EDIT* Also which merc should I use and with what gear.

2. lukefojut

lukefojut IncGamers Member

Re: Auradin help needed

I'd put a point into Sacrifice/Zeal - Charge can be very buggy and you won't kill purely with your auras all the time.

3. lumpor

lumpor IncGamers Member

Yes, get zeal. it should be lvl 4 after +skills and cta. How much +skills do you have? Cause if you have more than +4, you've wasted some points. Conviction should be EXACTLY lvl 25 after +skills and battle command from cta. If it becomes higher than lvl 25, it means you've wasted some points. Still, the auradin doesn't need that many points anyway, and that -defence bonus from a higher level conviction can help.

4. quicksandmg

quicksandmg Banned

Zeal for pvm
    Charge for pvp
    I have a pure pvp auradin and still can kill mobs very fast with charge and auras of course.

Last edited: May 24, 2008
  5. Norrell

Norrell IncGamers Member

Def get zeal for pvm. I would highly consider going 1 aura for the simple fact that you lack DR. Most people will say that the philosophy behind an auradin is not to get hit, but what happens when you do? Having tried many different Auradins, one thing sticks....the avg dmg from a pure fire> the high dmg (2-3000) from lightning, for the simple fact that it can pulse for very low dmg.

Your using metalgrid so I take it that you want to hit things. The AR can help quite a bit. A Mara's will help your BO, if your into prebuffing.

Your dmg will be consistent with both the db and zerk, as the dmg comes from the auras.

But IMO a pure fire opens up more possibilities, although extremely easy to be sorbed.

hope this helps

6. FannyHunter

FannyHunter IncGamers Member

my auradin is 95
    You need 1 point zeal
    I also highly recomend u get 1 point in Redemption
    Also to get full aura effect u need dreamshield mine is a monarch
    Iso a pally dream with 60+ resist
    LoL

7. looklook

looklook IncGamers Member

if you don't wish to put 1 point into zeal

you can consider, Beast in caduceus/War Scepter/Divine Scepter +3 Zeal (Need 3 IAS from other items to hit 2nd 5 frame/5 hit per second.

Other Remarks

#1 [email protected] is still a better shield because you really need it to reach max resist.

#2 Try to make runewords in Phaseblade for Paladin, this is because it allows you to reach last break point easily.

#3 Forget about Metal Grid, Conviction reduce armor by 90%, you certainly can hit your target. Mara or Paladin Amulet is good

#4 Doom BA is good too if you plan to use dream BV, dream [email protected] You will have 5 frame on zeal with bloodfist.

The good thing about Doom BA is, he has to decide between adsorbing your lightening or cold. Making him decides between
    #A wisp x 02 / TG, without Raven he is going to be killed by BA
    #B Raven x 02, lightening damage kill him by default
    #C Wisp Raven + TG = Die by lightening.

#5 Maxing conviction is important + 9 Offensive Aura Skiller allows you to beat FoH-Er anytime because your conviction aura > his, resulting his Conviction Aura to have no effect on you.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2008