Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Auradin help needed

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by speedydk, Apr 28, 2005.

1. speedydk

speedydk IncGamers Member

Auradin help needed

I saw a post about a holyfiredin and i wanna make one. Its not sumthing you see every day, so i'll give it a try. Please give some ideas how to gear him(off course i already know about HOJ/Dragon/Dragon - wich is the plan), and where to place his skillpoints.

Thank you in advance.

2. riplix

riplix IncGamers Member

just take a look @ a tesladin guide and switch hl with hf and the synergies appropriatly.

just an idea:
    you could add hl aura with a dream helm and have a dream shield+crecent moon (or sth the like) on switch. salvation as shared synergy.

3. speedydk

another thing

When wearing HOJ/dragon/dragon does it gain a bonus from holy fire skill, even though Conviction will be the active aura?

4. speedydk

oops doublepost

5. riplix

riplix IncGamers Member

don't really understand your question. dragon grants hf aura and thats all. iirc any spent points in hf will be useless if thats what you mean.

6. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

The Holy Fire aura given by the items will get bonus from Resist Fire, since it is a synergy.
    It will not get any bonus from Points put by you into Holy Fire

Since the Holy Fire will come from items, you can still have conviction aura active on your "right-button-skill", and both auras will be active and working at the same time.

7. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

What will be the damage of lvl 44 fully synergized holy fire? Will it be better than double dream setup? Lets hear math experts :)

8. LorveN

Im no math expert, so I will just say "no, dual dreams will be higher"
    and that goes for higher max damage and higher avg damage.
    The lowest damage from dreams are very low though ;)
    But generally, people are more stacked up on lightning res though

9. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

ok ive just calculated this myself: lvl 44 holy fire fully synergized (max salvation and resist fire) gives 3219-3288 (avg 3254) pulse dmg 536-548
    lvl 30 fully synergized holy shock gives 1-7005 (3503 avg) with pulse dmg 1-1167

so it seems as dream setup is a clear winner since it requires 2 items only as opposed to holy fire setup requiring 3 items. (and dragon really sucks compared to dream :lol: )

10. mdkkns

mdkkns IncGamers Member

Since I've made a HF auradin, I would like to share my 0.02 worth.

My gear:
    HoJ + Dragon armor + shield
    Umed shako
    Maras
    Arach
    12 allres ring
    Raven
    Treks
    Magefist

Skills:
    20 Conviction
    20 Salvation
    20 Resist Fire
    20 HS
    currently pumping charge

I maxed Salvation too cos I'm a sucker for max pulse dmg. Though it grants only an additional 6% per lvl, I crave for max.

Charms:
    8 Off gcs (wanna override v/t or templars' conviction)

He does pretty well. But windys own him cos of armor.

Dreamadin would have been fun but as most pple stack lightning res, it's pretty pointless. I wanted to try something new.

11. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

Strange that windys pose a problem to u, my dreamer always raped them, just charge around pulse destroys minions, charge in, 1st hit removes his armor, second hit removes the druid :lol:

12. LorveN

keep in mind you must hit them too. Some of them evil bastards have defense enough to make you miss. Along with a shield and 75%block which some have, you must make a couple of swings to get two hits.
    Meanwhile he spams tornados in your face, and ouch, they hurt!
    Personally, they are my most hated enemy because of their cyclone armor. (apart from FoH'ers making my conviction worthless)

13. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

Where would he get defense from? I see em having max 3k defense, which your conviction will reduce to almost zero (no skills giving enhanced def on ele druid).
    Ive seen most use spirit monarchs, so no 75% block there :lol:

14. mdkkns

mdkkns IncGamers Member

Yea, but you'll have to remember, the average pulse dmg for HF is lesser than HL. So, it's takes considerably more pulses to take out their armor. And they do have rather high defense, coupled with my low AR for charging, I have to charge a few times to hit them. All the time while I'm looking for an opening to charge and dodge their tornadoes, they recast their armor.

It's not an even fight but I do take them out occasionally. When I do hit, the hits are hard and if I do hit a second time running, they are dead. But as I said, it's occasional. X)

15. LorveN

They wont go down to almost zero in def. If so, i find it strange that i keep missing every char all the time.
    The problem is getting high ar with a dreamadin, since you wont have any bonuses from auras like zealots etc.

16. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

Your connection is to blame? Lag maybe? His chance to block? As i said once they have conviction locked on them they have maybe 100 defense. (only chars that dont have skills enhancing defense).( If u dont believe me, get a friend with an ele druid slap conviction on him and let him tell u how much def he has left). A lvl 44 HF does same AVERAGE pulse damage as lvl 30 HS (well almost). And u dont take off his armor by pulse damage, u have to charge in to score a hit, the pulse damage is only useful for taking out minions surrounding the druid.

17. Cadet

Cadet IncGamers Member

Even then, he's probably teleing everywhere, hoping to land on you so his stacked minions take all the damage and rip you to shreds while he suffers little to no damage.

18. Aeonios

Aeonios IncGamers Member

A couple things about this: Conviction will effectively destroy the defense of any char that doesn't have an effective defense boosting spell. Vs pallies and barbs, first it takes their base defense and multiplies it by the skill bonuses, then your convict will lower their base defense (and does nothing to the defense added by skills). It still helps a bit against barbs and zealots, but not by a whole lot.

My dreamer has maxed zeal, RL, convict, holy shield, rest in defiance. Windies are always a pain, but the only char that can kill windies easily is a skilled trapper. Since my char is built to close to melee range and zeal them dead, it's even harder for me to kill them because I can't effectively charge lock them. Well, I suppose I could, and now that I think of it I should try that, but I'd have to get rid of their minions first. If you wanted, you could dodge their attacks while your aura pulsed their shield low. When you see them with only one swirly thing around them, then start charging. IMO zealing a windy is a bad move since that forces you to take more tornadoes, and those things hurt like nothing else.

My current dreamer is based on DoctorNinja's build in an attempt to get the best all around dueler. If you want max pulse damage, go dream dream dragon hoj. For reference:
    2x dream max synergy pulse damage = about 1.1k
    2x dragon hoj max synergy pulse damage = about 600
    2x dream dragon hoj max synergy pulse damage = about 1500

There are major problems with doing a torcher instead of a dreamer. They have low pulse damage, it's impossible to get their resists up, they're terrible at melee, and it's also impossible to get their convict level high enough to beat someone determined to outconvict you.

My dreamer uses:
    Dream tiara
    Dream royal shield (444 def, 38 res all)
    archon coh
    2x good raven frosts
    verdungo's
    perf upped infernostrides
    ik gloves
    3shael 1 15ias jewel 2x ko phase blade
    11-15-7 anni and a stupid number of small vita charms.

He's got 85 75 85 75 resists. Frozen orb can't hurt him at all, he can take 4x 20k fireball hits, 2x 45k lightning hits (couple more with tgods and/or sorb), 3x blizzard hits (without using snowclash for the extra cold res), and can walk through most traps right up to the asn and cut them in half. I'm betting with tgods and wisps, souls would even heal him. The only things that can solidly beat me right now are fohers, dreamers with charms, and smiters. Really, if a smiter builds themselves to kill auradins and casters, there's nothing you can do. Also, I kill all zons since bowazons do low enough damage that I can dodge most arrows, take a few hits, then zeal them dead, and cs zons I can get them into evade lock with zeal.

19. Cadet

Cadet IncGamers Member

All a pally (pretty much any type) has to do is turn on Salvation if they have it, and you're pretty much screwed. I remember one team duel, a Smiter turned it on to couter my and another Auradin's conviction, and we pretty much lost every round until we all started ganging up on the Smiter and killing him first at the start of each round.

20. Aeonios

Aeonios IncGamers Member

Yeah, a lot of smiters are doing that now. Basically there's nothing you can do about it since you can't just charge around them, and attacking a smiter head on with anything is suicide, especially when he resists you 75%++. I'm still trying to come up with a solution to them, but there's a few other weaknesses I have to work out first. I'll let you know if I come up with anything solid.

Also, I've found that my resists weren't stacked high enough to counter facets. I've been working on that though, and it really all comes down to getting more resists (ie from a higher base resist pally shield, some small charms, but those are expensive). Once I've got facets fully negated, I'll post an update on how well he does against lit sorcs. Another solution would be to use last wish to precast fade, but those are more expensive than SCs.