Aura Stacking

Stevebo

Banned
Aura Stacking

Do Auras stack?

Say i have a Might Merc, An Edge Bow (Thorns) and a Heart of Wolverine do the three auras act simultaneously giving bonuses to my summons (building a summon druid here) or do they alternate to whichever one is currently displayed on the graphic? Say making a Pride polearm for my merc.

I'm reasonably sure it's all three acting together all the time but i want to make sure before i go finding more Aura giving goodies

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
Auras stack, but the same auras from different sources don't stack. I'm not sure about the same auras if they are fed by different synergies which improve different aspects of them, however. I guess the most powerful aspect of each prevails.

AzaZaz

Diabloii.Net Member
krischan said:
Auras stack, but the same auras from different sources don't stack. I'm not sure about the same auras if they are fed by different synergies which improve different aspects of them, however. I guess the most powerful aspect of each prevails.
well what about dream for example

Holy shock from helm and holy shock from shield, do they not stack to create a lvl 30 HS aura?

I believe this is so.

and if so

what about wearing a pheonix armor and a brand bow to stack a lvl 30 holy fire aura would that work? (I think those are the right runewords)

Stevebo

Banned
So to confirm:

If i have Might, Thorns, Concentration and HoW they will all act simultaneously but if i have a might merc and say a paladin with might, or am allied with someone else using the same aura they will alternate or something?

logger120

Diabloii.Net Member
from what i understand auras stack in most cases. auras from items do stack (ie dual dream make lvl 30 HS aura same should be true for all items with auras). different aruas also stack (ie fishymancer with might merc and beast weapon). auras dont stack whe one comes from one source and the other from another. ie pally with might and might merc or a pally with fantacism and beast weapon or doom on a holy freeze merc. get the drift?

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
AzaZaz said:
well what about dream for example

Holy shock from helm and holy shock from shield, do they not stack to create a lvl 30 HS aura?

I believe this is so.

and if so

what about wearing a pheonix armor and a brand bow to stack a lvl 30 holy fire aura would that work? (I think those are the right runewords)
A single character wearing two items which provide the same aura is an exception. Their levels get added, proably due to a bug. However, they don't stack with an aura coming from the character himself, so there is no L50+ holy shock from a paladin wearing two Dream items. In addition, auras provided by items are not subject to skill bonuses. Only bonuses are, like +1 to teleport from Enigma.

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member
Also, Prayer stacks. 8 fishys with 8 prayer mercs, one with "Insight" = VERY cool game....

Edit: Oh, and probably very laggy.... :D

Myrakh-2

Diabloii.Net Member
Did they change the "competing auras" issue in 1.10?

For some reason I remember that multiple auras of the same type semi-randomly alternated in 1.09, but that was changed so the highest one is applied now? I do remember that I felt this was a very needed change when mercs are involved, since you can't just tell your merc to use another aura (or stop using it) if there is a stronger merc around...

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member
They did change it. But prayer is a very strange aura. It gives synergy from +skills, it uses mana, several prayers stack...

Decebal

Diabloii.Net Member
krischan said:
Yes they do!

HOJ + DRAGON x 2 (Holy fire lev 44)

Check torchadin guiden in the pala forum!

/Dec

HolyGuitar

Diabloii.Net Member
This is what I got from looking at the patch changes and other Blizzard information about the game:

*Auras (not the same aura) DO stack.
*If two auras of the same type affect you, the optimum one is chosen.
*You are no longer able to cast 2 auras at once by abusing the change time.
*ANYTHING that is displayed above the character's head is NOT an aura, it falls into the "curse" category.
*Curses do NOT stack. The most recently cast curse is the ONLY one that affects you.
*Shrines are considered curses, and can therefore negate other curses.
*Prayer is pseudo-aura. It can stack because it eats the mana of the source.
*Monkeys throw poo.

thegiantturtle

Diabloii.Net Member
krischan said:
Decebal said:
Yes they do!

HOJ + DRAGON x 2 (Holy fire lev 44)

Check torchadin guiden in the pala forum!

/Dec
Later, kris specifically said that auras from items do stack if they are on the same characters. It's normally advisable to read the whole thread before commenting on one post in the thread --->
krischan said:
A single character wearing two items which provide the same aura is an exception. Their levels get added

RTB

Diabloii.Net Member
HolyGuitar said:
*Prayer is pseudo-aura. It can stack because it eats the mana of the source.
Sanctuary does so as well. Prayer stacks because the Earth isn't flat. It's as simple as that.