Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Aura stacking/synergy question and the palabear

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by batuchka, Jun 10, 2005.

1. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Aura stacking/synergy question and the palabear

Hi all! I have not tried out the newer runewords that grant auras but recently i have managed to obtain a few items and wish to clear some doubts with certain auras :p Basically i have a dream sacred targe and beast zerker and wanna make a PvM fanatic-holyshock palabear :p Skillswise:

Max Fana
    Max Holyshield
    Max Blessed Aim
    Max Resist Lightning
    10-Max Conviction (to hit slvl 25 with +skill)

Gear :
    Shako/Andy Helm
    Beast Zerker
    Spirit Shield (prebuff)/ Stormshield
    COH/Arky
    highlords
    gores
    arach (prebuff) / string of ears
    BK
    Raven
    holyshock/conviction switch : Crescent Moon pb/ dream sacred targe

Now what exactly happens when i use Beast with lvl 9 fan with a lvl 27+ fan aura - do they stack i.e i have a lvl 36 fan aura? I read the Dreamadin threads and maxing resist lightning synergises holyshock from dream right? Crescent Moom r/w has -35% lightning resist so does this mean i can get away with <slvl 25 conviction? With Beast Zerker/Crescent Moon pb i'd be hitting 6fpa standard werebear attack which my previous experience with druid bears tells me isn't too shabby in PvM hehe Another option is to use a 3*shael + 3* 1-99 lightning dmg jewels phase or Arching Phase of Alc/Quick socketed with some shaels and these would hit 4fpa bear attack but losing ctc chain lite/static :( Is getting a holy frezze merc better than a Blessed Aim for more AR? Thanks in advance to anyone who could enlighten me :D

2. Weltkriegpally

Weltkriegpally IncGamers Member

try to shoot for a dream helm. this way you have a free level 30 holy shock. yes, you want to synergize it, but no, auras on equip and auras from gear will not stack. the higher one will go.

beast is at best a prebuff weapon for you. I would go with a 3 shael, 3 mod phase blade for a conviction based bear. 60 ias=4 fpa, and that leaves 3 sockets. 3 crap lightning facets if you want, make a great idea here.

-enemy resists effects are a great idea. they work AFTER conviction, so its a good way to bring high lightning resist former immunes down quicker.

something I would suggest is max defiance/holy shield. defense is a great modifier for pvm/pvp, and it helps a lot. If you are just pvm, then maybe the aim route is better (granted that conviction is going to put monster defense in the crapper, anyways). I would most definitely aim for level 25 conviction. It helps in immune reduction. given that you will be doing *crap* physical damage, I would shoot for some nice crushing blow. duress, gores, and 10 cb gloves make a fair amount of it at the speed you are attacking. (like 40 percent), and duress adds some nice mods like cold damage, open wounds, fhr, ed, defense, and resists. Great mods all of them.

Have fun!

--welt

3. batuchka

Thanks Welt! Ok after reading your post i think you meant that auras do not stack if its skill + gear but gear+gear do (like dream halm + shield) Hmm should i use beast as prebuff then a grief pb allows me to hit 5fpa bear attack. I wanted to do a fanatic-conviction bear so i could deal physical/elemental dmg and i kindda liked that 3*shael/light faceted pb as with low physical dmg thats perfect for PIs and Iron Maiden hehe I read somewhere that cb does not work with PIs - is this true? Also how effective is that ctc enchant from lavagouts for a char having 5-6 fpa attack? I also read some other thread about conviction and in PvM it lowers total defense - are there penalties with act bosses, etc? I do not plan to do any PvP with this palabear but he ought to be a fun furry templar i guess :p

4. Weltkriegpally

Weltkriegpally IncGamers Member

there is no depreciation of convictions effect against bosses. a grief phase would hit 5 fpa at 40 ias (37 if you have fanat). the ar from lavagouts can be useful indeed, but I would think a demon limb would be better. If you are wanting physical damage as well as elemental, why not use the grief phase at 40 ias and a fortitude armor? thats 300 ed right there, and very very good physical/lightning damage. I am not sure I would want to, because it really stinks getting hit by iron maiden, but thats your call, not mine. If you are also after physical, use a might merc or a faith rogue.

--welt

5. batuchka

Thanks again but if i use fort then COH/Arky will be prebuff armor then? Also i was thinking when venturing in areas with OB Knights i go Dream + Conviction mode to negate IM and PIs hehe. Ya prolly go with either might or holyfreeze merc :D