Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Aura question for mercs

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by MageChick, Sep 12, 2006.

1. MageChick

MageChick IncGamers Member

Aura question for mercs

I've noticed that my mercs secondary aura (Insight/infinity) are not always on. In fact they seem to turn off, pretty often. I can normally turn them back on, by unequiping and reequiping their weapons, but even this doesn't always work. On the other hand his holy freeze aura, never seems to turn off. What's up?

This never seemed to bother me much when I was using insight - I never really needed all that much mana, but now that I'm rebuilding my lightning sorc and I already got an infinity (had to go with an eth CV - bah!) its getting pretty alarming. I know this isn't a range issue either, as I can teleport with my merc and even with him right beside me, it still doesn't work all that often. Is this a serious problem with light sorcs and merc infinity - or am I not doing something?

2. FrostBurn

FrostBurn IncGamers Member

When a character or a merc has more than one aura active, the game will cycle between the different auras. However, all the auras are always active, even though you see it cycling between one and the other.

For example, if your HF merc equipped with Insight is meleeing monsters, all the monsters will remain perpetually Holy Frozen, even when the Meditation aura is seen to be active, while the HF aura cycles off. Likewise, when the Meditation aura cycles off your merc, you will still be under the influence of the aura, even though the merc currently displays the HF aura.

The same applies with your Infinity HF merc. Even when the Conviction aura cycles off and the HF aura cycles on, the Conviction aura is still active on all monsters within range.

3. gorash

gorash IncGamers Member

dont forget that after ur merc dies and u have to revive them. their secondary aura wont work till u reequip / equip their weapon / helm that gives that aura.

4. MageChick

MageChick IncGamers Member

I understand the game switching between displaying different arua's, but there are times that I swear the arua isn't active. I'll be teleporting around and pause to let my mana build back up (insight on merc) but my mana bubble just sits constant.

Maybe this is it, I've noticed that sometimes unequiping/reequiping will solve the problem, but I think sometimes it takes a few tries.

I'll investigate some more - I'm sure there are some times when the 2nd aura turns off in mid game. Maybe I'm just not getting enough sleep, and that's making me see things. (new baby in the house can do that to you.)