Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Aura Problem

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Frundsmb, Oct 24, 2006.

1. Frundsmb

Frundsmb IncGamers Member

Aura Problem

Hello,

This is something I've noticed recently, I apoligize if the way I explain it is confusing:

My merc on my Bonemancer is equipped with an Infinity, a Dream, and Bramble. That gives him Conviction, Holy Shock, Thorns, and he happens to come with Holy Freeze. Four auras.

What I noticed is that only two auras seem to be active at any one time.

For example: I go to Black Marsh and let my golem and Merc hit on a few baddies. The baddies are obviously getting frozen, but I notice that they are not being shocked (from his Holy Shock aura), nor do they have the conviction aura on them!
    So I re-equip the Dream helm and bam, I have holy shock and holy freeze auras going off. Still no conviction. So I re-equip the Infinity, I get the conviction aura and holy freeze aura, but bye bye holy shock. Thorns is the same way. It seems that my merc always has holy freeze, but only the aura from the LAST item I re-equipped him with.

So if I want the thorns aura, I re-equip Bramble and I have holy freeze/thorns. If I want conviction, I re-equip Infinity and I have holy freeze/conviction. If I want holy shock, I re-equip Dream and I have holy freeze/holy shock. When I look at the auras at the feet of my merc, only two auras show(alternating). The first aura that shows is always holy freeze, the second aura that shows depends on the last item I re-equipped.

I used my CTA to give my merc Battle Command and Battle Orders; two more auras that should show at his feet. They do show! They seem to have no interference with the other auras I get from his items.

I did think that maybe not all the auras show at his feet, but they are still active.. thorns is hard to see if it works, possibly the holy shock is going off at the same time holy freeze is, but I simply cannot see it because holy freeze "over-rides" it, etc. But the baddies are not getting the conviction aura on them unless I re-equip Infinity. So, I don't know.

Anyone know what is going on?

Thanks,
    Frundsberg

2. bogie

bogie IncGamers Member

Ever since Blizzard fixed the gmerc bug the auras you can have on mercs has been screwed up. You can now only have one aura from items working on your merc at any given time. This means that the aura given from say infinity will stack with the mercs natural aura (holy freeze). So only the aura equipment you put on last will work. Battle Orders and Command are not typical "auras" and are certainly not given from itmes, they need to be cast. Therefore, they WILL stack with your mercs other 2 auras. Hope this helps. :)

3. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

Looks like a summoner can't have Infinity/Pride + Bramble then, if what you say is true.

Ah well, ditch the Dream for Andy's Visage, Crown of Thieves (eth upped can have 700+def) or something along those lines. As for Bramble & Infinity, well, it's up to you which you'd prefer, but I'd either swap the Infinity for Obedience, or swap the Bramble for Fortitude, Stone or CoH, depending on which aura you want to keep to compliment Holy Freeze.

I don't think Conviction is overly important for a Bonemancer. But, it's your decision.

4. HYKO

HYKO IncGamers Member

I don't know about 3 auras stacking but myself has bramble + infinity.
    They all work together if you don't make change of the weapon your merc is holding.
    In another word, once your merc died in that particular game.
    He can only have 1 item aura active at a time from the point of resurrection.
    However, once u rejoin the game they will all work.
    Tested out myself:thumbsup:

5. Stax

Stax IncGamers Member

Then u re-equip his weapons or/and arrmor, and he gets his auras back :thumbsup:

6. HYKO

HYKO IncGamers Member

No, thats the problem these guys are talking about.
    Once u re-equip his item, he will only gain that 1 particular aura from item.
    So if you have a bramble and infinity, u only get conviction aura when u re-equip inifnity, vic versa.
    The aura from merc will however, always be avaliable when he feels like to.

All these bugs can only be fixed upon new game or rejoi:wink2: n.

7. Frundsmb

Frundsmb IncGamers Member

I joined a game this morning and my merc immediately had all of his auras. I went and fought with him for a bit and his holy freeze aura went active. Everything was working fine. I didn't re-equip any items.

I joined a few Baal runs and did a few key runs and my merc's auras all stayed active.

I'm glad I don't have to pick just one aura-on-equip item for the merc to wear.

-Frundsberg

8. HYKO

HYKO IncGamers Member

Yes, as long as u never re-equip or change item for your merc in that particular game.
    The aura all works.