Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Aura choices for a double necro team?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Svalin, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Svalin

Svalin IncGamers Member

Aura choices for a double necro team?

Me and a friend are startign 2 necros now, I was wondering what would be the combination of auras (For ubers and high level areas). I was thinking:

Fanatism (Beast)
    Meditation/Holy freeze (Merc Weapon)
    Concentration (Merc Weapon)
    Might (Merc Aura)
    ???? (Merc Aura)
    Maybe: Thorns (Merc Armor)

Wat would be best for the second merc? Im thinking either Defiance or Blessed Aim. How do these compare on high level gameplay? Do minions ever miss?

Regards, Svalin

2. Sarp

Sarp IncGamers Member

Re: Aura choices for a double necro team?

I would think meditation (insight) is a must for one combined with might. Thats pretty standard for necros, and if youre not a summoner and use mana like crazy (like my bonemancer does) then you DEFINITELY need that.

IMO Holy Freeze isn't needed, but I haven't done ubers. Decrep with + skills > Holy Freeze

3. sequoia

sequoia IncGamers Member

Minions miss, but not much. I'd say try to get infinity in there somewhere. Thorns is not all that useful PvM because monsters have huge amounts of HP and little damage in comparison.

Infinity will help you hit, if you have mages those will benefit, make your CE hit much harder, and won't shatter corpses (like holy freeze would). Other than that, prayer and insight makes for a ridiculous amount of healing, or defiance against the hard hitting frenzy lords and the like that are one of the few threats against you.

4. Wizdomm

Wizdomm IncGamers Member

My ideal setup for dual necros would be:

Necro #1 carrying Last Wish (for Might aura)
    Act 2 Normal Offensive Merc (for Blessed Aim aura)
    Infinity (for Conviction aura)
    Fortitude
    Andy's

Then have this necro create an Insight iron golem (for Meditation aura).

Necro #2 carrying Beast (for Fanaticism aura)
    Act 2 Normal Combat Merc (for Prayer aura)
    Pride (for Concentration aura)
    Bramble (for Thorns aura)
    Andy's

Then have this necro create a really expensive iron golem out of Exile (for Defiance aura). Don't curse me if it ever poofs. :crazyeyes:

That's 9 auras...and all are extremely useful for summoning necros (no garbage like Holy Shock, Holy Fire, Holy Freeze, etc...)

Why the Prayer aura on the second merc?

Because, if you use an insight golem, the Prayer and Mediation auras feed off of each other constantly refilling both your life and your mana. This will keep your little duo alive in sticky situations.

5. Greyeagle

Greyeagle IncGamers Member

Doesn't that double healing bonus only work when the prayer merc is wielding the insight? Otherwise I think you just get regular prayer healing, and meditation.

6. Raskah

Raskah IncGamers Member

I think a might merc (much better might aura than last wish and a lot cheaper too) with infinity and a prayer merc with insight (for double healing and mana regeneration) is the best combo and almost all you need: regen mana and life, -defense, - resist, +damage...
    Also I think a blessed aim merc isn't necessary since infinity also reduces defense.

The rest is just a "how rich are you?!" question... ok, infinity is not cheap but it's the only "rich man" piece.

I wouldn't put Pride on a merc because it doesn't have ED and the freeze target is very annoying for a summoner. If you really want to use it, make a Iron Golem out of it and hope it wouldn't puff...

Last but not least you can add fanastism from beast or faith. Faith has a much better aura lvl and the summoner can shot some arrows just for fun. Faith would be the only runeword that I would use on one of the necros.

Cheers!

You're right! The meditation aura gets synergized by the prayer aura IF it's the merc that is wielding insight. Auras from diferent characters don't synergize which other...

7. Qonmus

Qonmus IncGamers Member

I'd almost be tempted to get an A5 mercenary on one of them. Maybe a little more cool looking. And you could give him a HUGE damage Eth sword. Like a BoTD. Or something nasty. And he'd have might, and fanaticism....Just a thought.

8. Darker Realm

Darker Realm IncGamers Member

Remember your Golem will give additional damage. Two Golems will do more damage than one, so Ideally:

one Iron and one Fire
    one Clay and one Fire
    or two Fire Golems

9. lumpor

lumpor IncGamers Member

These are all good combos, but mine would be:

Necro 1:
    Weapon: Faith

Merc 1:
    Might merc wielding Infinity

Necro 2: Oath (for HoW)

Merc 2: Defiance merc wielding pride

I don't recommend prayer mercs, cause meditation only heals characters, and not minions, so the minions will only be healed by the mercs prayer aura, and not by the meditation. If one of you are rich and want to take a risk, you can make an aura golem out of pride, and equip the merc with a fast crushing blow weapon instead, but I don't know how well an iron golem can survive against the ubers.

Another option would be changing the defiance merc for a rogue and giving her faith, and letting the first necro wield pride instead. I think the rogue will do a bit more damage (cause pride sucks quite much as a weapon while faith is a good bow), but you lose the defiance aura. With infinity, faith, and heart of the wolverine, I believe the skeletons will have quite a chance to hit.

man, a team of necros is so much better than one, since you can hold much more auras.