Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

aura bug on merc?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by zejive, Nov 20, 2006.

1. zejive

zejive IncGamers Member

aura bug on merc?

I just recently made a summoner--my first necro. Very fun build and great for mf too. My might merc is using Infinity (eth thresher) and made a bramble in an eth glitched wyrmhide for him recently.

Whenever I enter a game, I have both thorn and conviction aura.
    If I remove bramble and re-equip bramble...he will only have thorn and no conviction.
    If I remove infinity and re-equip it again....he will have conviction but no thorn.
    Which means that if he die in a game....i will have to choose between thorn and conviction.

Is this a bug or perhaps it's blizz way of patching the aura glitch--by removing auras from item1 when you equip item2 on him. Or perhaps i'm doing something wrong?

2. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

Both auras should be active. Are you sure they aren't? They should be active as long as he has the item on.
    Maybe you only see the newly equipped items aura for the first seconds...?

3. deademon

deademon IncGamers Member

all u should have to do is...for instance what i did was like...double click...so i picked it off of him and put it back on...and repeaded with the other...and it fixed it...

4. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze IncGamers Member

The aura display alternates, even though both auras are active.

5. cynicalcat1

cynicalcat1 IncGamers Member

i have the same set up on mine and both auras are there.as said above they aternate.however when he dies i have to reequip to start the auras up again.

6. Zarniwoop

Zarniwoop IncGamers Member

I have the same problem with insight after ressurrecting a merc.

If you do not take the weapon off the merc and re-equip it, the aura will not be active.

7. bogie

bogie IncGamers Member

Nope, this is a bug, both auras are NOT active. Its a merc bug, blizzard screwed up mercs when they fixed the gmerc glitch. Its now that when you enter a game, you merc wil have all auras active. If your merc dies/you change his equipment, then he will only use his native aura and the aura granted from the last piece of equipment you put on him. So just make sure that you/your merc dont die and that you never touch his aura equipment and you should be fine!

bogie,

8. zejive

zejive IncGamers Member

Thanks for the replies and help. Yeah I'm pretty sure that only one can exist at one time after he dies or if you touch his equipment. This includes his helm...even if it doesn't give any aura. If you remove his helm, conviction and thorn will be there, but if you put the helm back on....you lose both auras...and you will then have to pick one to be reactivated....as you can't have both :sad2:

9. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

Completely false.

After resurrection, my merc 100% needs to reequip all active aura items. Works fine. Auras under their feet do alternate.

10. HYKO

HYKO IncGamers Member

Try yourself, if you have more then 1 aura from item on him. You can only activate 1 aura by re-equip that particular item. You won't be able to activate another item's aura. The aura from merc himself will activate however.

11. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

I disagree. Of course I'm not talking about merc's base aura.

Infinity + Dream. Both work. Merc dies, I resurrect, he has no aura, not even his base. I reequip all his gear once (armor too, just habit), he gets conviction/holy shock alternating. I go out, he soon gets HFreeze as well.

This works... how can it not..? I've used this method numerous times.

12. zejive

zejive IncGamers Member

My mistake, when i said you will lose both auras when you reequip even the helm (guillaume's face with mine...and no he doesn't need str from guillaume's face to equip infinity or bramble)...i was making a reference to conviction (infinity) and thorn (bramble). I guess dream works fine on a helm with infinity. But i'm pretty certain I can't have both conviction and thorn from bramble (after he dies or if i reequip any gears period)....no second aura animation or effect out of town. Would love to hear someone prove me wrong so i can keep my bramble tho......that or it's time to make a duress/fort....or never cross an oblivion knight again.

13. HYKO

HYKO IncGamers Member

Nope, just tried one more time for you.
    I have infinity and bramble

when I re-equip infinity, I get conviction; thron is gone

when I re-equip bramble, i get throns; conviction is gone

Try one more time, wait for 20 sec make sure it's not jsut a laggin' of display.
    I can not be wrong here. This is a known bug

Edit: I even discovered after i re-equip his gaze, he lost both conviction and thorn.. all he left is his might

14. SSoG

SSoG IncGamers Member

Are you on Realms? If it really is the gmerc fix that caused this bug, then if you were to play off-realms you wouldn't be affected (since the gmerc fix is realms-only).

15. Demonic Angel Rules

Demonic Angel Rules IncGamers Member

I've never had that problem. Try taking off all his gear and putting on helm then armor then wepon. That mite do it. And if not just exit and re-enter game and then you will get the aruas. Thats still really wierd when I die I just resurrect and dont touch his gear. Then when I go out I let him fight till he gets his Natrual arua and all 3 of his come with it.

16. bobofuzzlymunky

bobofuzzlymunky IncGamers Member

to the OP- i have the same problem. my merc used a dream helm for a while for the ~700 dmg but when he died i re-equipped insight/dream and last one put on him was active. just deal with s/e or use 1 aura itam.

17. fbmferinctt

fbmferinctt IncGamers Member

i have problem. On my bowazon she has a a1 merc. She is equipped with a faith bow and a bramble. When she dies or when i requip something only one aura is active so of course i choose fanat over thorns but it is veryannoying becuase i lose that defence for my valk and it makes such a unblieveble difference when i have it on so i dont know what to do when that happenes unless you feel like rj;ing the game

18. zeskelnec

zeskelnec IncGamers Member

when a merc dies, you always need to remove and reequip their gear to get all aura (from items) reactivated.
    Intrinsic merc aura (might, HF, thorn, ...) are only made available when they are hit once.

19. DaemonAkuma

DaemonAkuma IncGamers Member

Wow, I never knew any of this existed because I never had a problem with it.

If/when my merc dies via Iron Maiden I revive, Thorns and Conviction work fine, as does Might. I have never had to re-equip anything, ever, to get an aura to work, or have I ever had an item stop using its aura if I did re-equip (such as taking off for Chaos). Maybe I'm just lucky, I'm not sure...