Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Attraction is not a choice.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by felstorm, Apr 4, 2004.

1. felstorm

felstorm IncGamers Member

This post is for all you confused young men out there.

Every few weeks there is a barrage of threads dealing with "girl trouble". Well I'm going to do you all a favor and teach these young men how to stop being wussies, and start acting like men.

I'm going to set out a few rules.

Rule number one: It's okay to be a man. Never make excuses for what you like or want, especially around women.

Rule number two: Never let a woman change your mind about rule number one.

Rule number three: Never suck up to a girl.

Rule number four: Attraction is not a choice. It's a reaction.

There. I just saved you teenagers eight years of trial and error that I had to go through. These rules don't mean you shouldn't be "nice" once in a while. All Gentleman should do "nice" things for their girl, but on your terms, when you want to, and when it's NOT her idea first.

There is a conspiracy out there against men who are successful with women. We are called, "players", "Cheaters", "Two-Timers", and all kinds of nasty names. But I'll tell you who the REAL "players" are, who the REAL "pimps" are. And it's Her Momma. It's her mom that told her "Make sure he can buy you dinner! Make sure he has a nice car! Make sure he makes alot of money! Make sure he takes you out to the mall to buy you something! Make sure that he puts a diamond on your finger!" Who's the REAL player here? Well I'd had enough of this kind of crap many years ago. It's time for men to reclaim their sexual identity and most importantly their MASCULINITY. Since I am a man and I make no excuses for what I like or want. I see no problem with dating several women at once. I see no problem sleeping with more than one woman, and I'm not talking a menage et trois.

But I'm also a man where my Word is my Honor. If I say I am going to be monogamous with a woman, I mean it and I do it. Lying is bad policy when it comes to women, or anything for that matter.

You younger, not "of age" men need to consider a few things. I am talking about an adult topic, and sex should not be taken lightly. If you do sleep with a girl, use protection of some sort. Things can get hot and heavy and it's easy to "forget", well when you have child support payments to make you'd have wished you "remembered". Keep a rubber in your wallet. I know too many young men that have killed the best of their "fun" years by being stupid and not using a condom. It really makes me want to kick these guys in the teeth when they find out their lover got pregnant and then say something stupid like "I don't know how she got pregnant...she was on the pill". The PILL is not fool proof. Always practice safe sex, and even then there are alternatives to intercourse. My advice: Keep it in your pants, or wrap it up. And pregnancy isn't the worst that can happen either, there are all kinds of germs and viruses that would like nothing better than to jump on your trouser snake and make you sick. Be smart about sex, there is no damn hurry to "do it", even though your raging hormones tell you otherwise.

Anyway.

Femi****s and Phallophobes have worked long and hard to rob men of our testicular fortitude. Why? Because they are jealous. All women are vulnerable to this powerful emotion called "Attraction", and when they are gripped by this emotion called "Attraction" they helpless against it. So feminists took up arms and started trends to make women look more like men, and emasculate real men and paint them as "pigs" for wanting sex. All women desire to be "swept off their feet", it's a common fantasy they all share. And when you learn to provide that, which I will teach you young men, women will be calling you, asking for your phone number, begging you to kiss them...and more.

Women find alot of things attractive. Power, Money, Good Looks, and Personality (Among other things). And the good news is, even that most of us don't have a whole lot of the first three. But the fourth, Personality, is something ANY man can change and will TRUMP the first three. A man that makes a modest living, mediocre looks, but a charming personality and can provide the emotions women desire, will be able to hold the attention of a beautiful woman longer than a rich man that is boring and boorish, or a body builder that has no sense of humor. He'll also get more hugs and kisses, affection and love from beautiful women.

And you do this by being Funny and Confident. If you can get a girl to laugh, you have one half her heart. All girls like a guy that can make them laugh. Wit is your best friend when talking to a girl. Make puns, play on her words.

Example:

You: Hey lets go get a coffee...

Her: Sure lets do it...

You: (joking voice) I don't think I've known you long enough to "do it" yet, are you trying to seduce me?

I can bet you that saying things like that will get her REALLY interested in you. It will trigger Attraction in her, and all you'll have to do is sit back and enjoy all the attention she'll freely give you.

Here's a heads up about women. Beautiful women, even "so-so" girls get approached ALL the time by men. When you see that good looker and go over and talk to her, you are probably the twelfth guy to approach her, in the last eight hours! So in response to all these advances women have created "tests" to weed out the wusses, meanies, and freaks.

The first one is the "air of arrogance". And this is always the first line of defense for a really good looking woman. And it's so effective that most men won't even approach good looking girls. And when they do, she'll act like she's too good to talk to you, or give you the time of day. So the first thing out of your mouth should be a bust on her. Pick something like her fingernails. "Are those fake?", "What did you get hair extensions?", are "You three feet tall without those heels on?"... It doesn't matter how she answers you so long as you end with "Well I guess it still looks good." You have to say this with a slow, calm, voice or else it won't work. You can't say it like you are trying to be mean. And don't smile either, guys smile way too much. Have you ever seen James Bond smile or laugh? No. But women love him nonetheless.

Another "test" is the "I have a boyfriend." line. There are two ways to short circuit this. (joking voice) "That's never stopped me before". Or (serious voice) "Well I thought we could just be friends". That last one will mess them up so hard, because it's usually a line THEY use on GUYS. Now i'm not advocating that you go out and steal other guys' girls, but the "I have a boyfriend" line is usually a thing good looking girls say to weed out wussies who have no backbone or persistence. It's a thing they do when they are playing hard to get, but are really intersted in you.

Here's another insider into the brain of a good looking woman. They'll spend hours putting on make-up, wearing tight pants and shirts that show off their breasts and butts, go out with their girlfriends, attract the attention of a hundred guys, shoot them all down for a power trip, and then go home and complain to each other about what "pigs" men are. And when all is said and done, and they have had their little "girls night out/ego trip". Then they go to bed and cry themselves to sleep because they are so lonely it hurts. Typical "chick logic".

You will also come across women think that their boobs and booty are some kind of priceless asset that they will only give to a man that pays out the nose. In short, it's a form of "socially acceptable" prostitution. Don't play that game. She pays her way, or you show her the doorway. There are more men in the world than women, and boobs, booty, love and affection are easy to come by, so just because she looks good doesn't mean she isn't a horrible person on the inside. You should NEVER have to pay to win the attentions of a girl, UNLESS it was your idea and YOU want to do it. And you can always tell if it's your idea or not because you will never feel obligated to do anything nice for her if it is your idea.

The absolute WORST place to meet a women is at a singles bar. They are expecting to be picked up, and even then, they'll probably just shoot you down for fun. No no no... smart guys hunt where women are least expecting to get picked up. Laundromats, grocery stores, yoga classes, self help seminars... and so on.

Another test is the "Nice guy test". This is one is hard to see coming because it can take so many forms. If you fail this, you will forever get the "Lets just be friends" treatment. Once you are a friend, it's very hard to get back into the "lover" frame. Like when she starts complaining about her boyfriend, stop her mid sentance and say, "I charge 200$ an hour for therapy services" and then hold out your hand for the money. Keep a dead serious look on your face. This will short circuit this "test" so bad she won't know what to do. Wait a moment or two and then start a conversation about something else. Anything but talking about her problems. You see when a woman "vents" her feelings about something, and you are the one she is doing it to, you become associated with those feelings. So if she is being negative about her borefriend, and you are the one she is telling this too... you become associated with her borefriend by proxy. Not a good thing.

Ideally you would want her to start talking about sexy things, like how she likes to be cuddled with, an kissed tenderly. With women, words are linked intimately with emotions. If she starts talking about and thinking about sexy and romantic things with you, pretty soon she'll be worked up and looking for someone to fulfill all those sexy things she's been thinking and talking about. And that person will be you!

Another "nice guy" test is the "Buy me <insert item>" test. Don't do it. Ever. Turn it around on her and say, "Why don't you buy ME <insert item>?". This will do one of two things( if not both). It'll blow her mind, and she'll buy you whatever "it" is, or she'll throw a tantrum, beg, or try and guilt trip you into doing it. Don't do it. Fight that "Oh no i've pissed her off, now I got to kiss her butt to make her not angry at me anymore" feeling. If she throws a tantrum, laugh out loud and say in a real "smartass" tone of voice "Well now that you have the maturity of a two-year old, I guess I'll just have to take you home change your diaper and put you to bed." (And if she persists laugh loudly again and walk away from her little "scene". You don't need women like this in your life, trust me.) Then spank her on the butt. Not hard enough to really hurt, but just hard enough to be considered "playful". If she whines or gets teary eyed, just remember it's an ACT, use the same line from above. Or you can kinda sit back, say "Cute", and then roll your eyes and walk away. Don't ever put up with this kind of crap, EVER!

And the thing about these "tests" is that most women don't conciously know that they are doing half of them. They are kinda like automatic things that their momma's and girlfriends have taught them to do over the years. Any time a woman starts to give you some greif, nip it in the bud, don't put up with it. BE A MAN. It doesn't matter if it's a girl you just met, a long time girlfriend, or your wife, NEVER ever put up with the emotional drama.

I'll have more later....

2. ZeppelinAngel

ZeppelinAngel IncGamers Member

nice generalization :(

3. Jimmeh

Jimmeh IncGamers Member

but you cant disagree :]

4. eddy

eddy Banned

well generalization goes two ways. . .

5. maccool

maccool IncGamers Member

Geez, looks like Fel had a couple extra helpings of bitterness and misogyny for lunch. Bad night, Fel? :lol:

6. dodomac

dodomac IncGamers Member

Women are proven to like guys who totally ignore them and spend an uber 15 hours on the computer each day. Yep...

7. eddy

eddy Banned

o so i must be getting laid and just not noticing. . .

8. mudvaynefan

mudvaynefan IncGamers Member

i found it interesting

and im glad my girlfriend isnt one of the 'bad' girls you described in your 'novel'

9. cyclotronic

cyclotronic IncGamers Member

OK ill stop being nice and start acting like a man!

10. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

I got bored with the attitude about 1/4 the way through and stopped reading, but the above statement did catch my eye.

Mostly because it's absolutely the wrong advice. DON'T keep a condom in your wallet. Your wallet heats up in your pants pocket. It also gets squished when you sit down. That exposure of heat over a long period of time completely compromises the rubber and makes the condom useless. So find somewhere else to store it.

Edit: Better advice than Fel's: Be a nice guy, don't treat her like total garbage, but also don't be a pansy and let her walk all over you and give into her every desire. Ignore Fel's bitter, "I hate all women" advice on dating. That's the sort of attitude gets you old, alone and lonely.

11. Technetium

Technetium IncGamers Member

Dude, you could have saved yourself a lot of time writing and just posted a link to intellectual*****s.com

And yeah, it is all too true.

EDIT: the ***** = a 5-letter synonym for "prostitute" that begins with "w". I guess it is a censored word here. :-(

12. tintrail

tintrail IncGamers Member

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhticky. :uhhuh:

anyways, got a really good read out of it. thanks man, and i will take some of the advice to heart. :worship:

13. Akira

Akira Member

What if you keep your wallet in your front pocket?

14. eddy

eddy Banned

your pants still get warm, and it could possibly get ruined from standing and sitting, but less likely, or it would just take longer wear and tear.

15. masterazn

masterazn Banned

YEAH! What Cyc said!

But then she'll hate me...:(

16. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

Nope. Keeping a condom in your wallet for long periods of time is just a bad idea all around. For the night? Sure. But don't leave it there for those unexpected moments when nubile Swedish triplets offer you group sex for a ride to the stripathon.

17. Cygnus434

Cygnus434 IncGamers Member

Talk about thinking about things too much.

Women are humans just like you. Just be a human towards them and if they are human, they will accept you, lol.

I've been with my girlfriend almost two years now and we are the best of friends and the best of lovers. Long distance, too...

It just happens, I didnt/dont play any conscious minds games with her.

18. GIR

GIR Banned

Y'know... probably some of the best advice I've given on this forums seemed to go completely overlooked, so here it is again, since it's related to the topic.

"Allow me to share what I've found to be very true in... romantic relationships, for lack of a better definition off the top of my head.

While it's good to be a sweet, caring guy and to your girl and all, which I certainly enjoy doing, it's good only to a point. After that point, said girl starts to think that you'd be better off as friends.

It's all about finding that balance between showing her that you care, and being self-assured and confident in yourself, with just the occasional little tiny bit of that "I can always find someone else" attitude that sparks that little bit of jealousy that keeps them attached. Girls don't like needy guys, plain and simple. They don't want to feel like someones mother.

While it's great to be a nice guy, it's the "too nice" guys that really finish last."

Also, keep things interesting. Whoever said don't kiss ***, it's true. Challenge her. Don't let things get boring. This new girl that I have that I recently posted about, she loves being challenged. Example: Here's a little battle we had out the other night. I make her blush all the time, because I'm just good like that, and she tries to deny it whenever she can, like when we're in a dark club or something. So, here it is:

Her: I wasn't blushing!
    Me: Yes you were.
    Her: No I wasn't.
    Me: I think you were.
    Her: Fine, don't believe me, but I know the truth.
    Me: So do I, that's why I don't believe you.
    Her: Damnit! That's not fair. I always win.
    Me: Oh yeah?
    Her: Yeah!
    Me: Well, when are you gonna start?
    Her: :mock shocked gasp:

Then we both had a quick laugh, and then made with the kissin'. Good times.

Now, you all can't be as slick and as good looking as me, (as if) but that doesn't mean that you can't be successful in such matters. :thumbsup:

19. Corneo

Corneo IncGamers Member

Hahahaha....

20. SaroDarksbane

SaroDarksbane IncGamers Site Pal

As to the title:

Love is a choice.

Attraction is an emotion.
    Love is not an emotion.

And as for my own advice about women (little as I possess):

Don't worry about figuring out what women want; They don't know either!