Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Attract : The Devious Crowd Control Curse!

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by batuchka, Apr 7, 2005.

1. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Attract : The Devious Crowd Control Curse!

I am currently building a summon/bone necro and once i start running hell baal i shall share my findings/results with this forum and planning to write my 1st guide :p There would be detailed gear/skills/tactical approaches to various areas. He is now lvl 75 in hell act 2 and he is already running hell The Pit, Mousaleum ,The Crypt and Andy solo and he will eventually have maxed skelly mastery/raise skelly/bone spirit/bone spear and pts into either teeth or bonewall. What i found is that the curse attract is a great crowd controller (non super unques/bosses) and its worth a point IMO. Also iw as wondering if u ppl could share experiences with a mf necro with me so we could learn from each other?

2. waflob

waflob IncGamers Member

Very true - attract is useful. For summoner / bone necros, I always get decrepify as well. great for bosses. Combined with a clay golem, the boss slows right down and really just stands there and dies. For poison necros, I also go for lower resistance, but for your type I would stop at attract and decrepify.

Also, don't forget to put a point into summon resist. Makes a large difference to your minion survival rate. You are using a might merc as well ?

The maggot lair and arcane sanctuary are usually a pain for the pure summoner, so I think you'll find the bone spells most useful in those areas. Marrowwalks will also help here, so don't put any points into bone prison.

Lastly, the most important thing is to enjoy yourself !!

DelBoy

3. batuchka

Right on - deceprify + clay golem = easier boss kills :p I had not put ant pts into Lower Resist but once everything is done i'm considering placing a point to make me more party freindly i guess. I read in another thread that Black Souls are Lightning immune so attrct would allow them to hurt each other and i think thats a good point and hence Dim Vision is the way to go in this situation?

4. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

I think you meant to say "can't hurt each other"...Because their damage is lightning and they are lightning immune...Dim Vision is very nice against ranged attackers like Gloams...but I personally don't use it, since attract is so overall useful, and can still help in these situations. Attract isn't there to kill monsters, it's there to get them of your back.

5. batuchka

Hehe ya - meant can't hurt each other due to lightning immue :p Hmm i find that DV is used liberally for me when running hell baal exclusively due to those nasty black souls :(