Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Attract and Golems

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by gravitysrainbow, May 2, 2005.

1. gravitysrainbow

gravitysrainbow IncGamers Member

Attract and Golems

does anyone know if the necromancer's able to cast the Attract spell on one of his golems? i'd like my CG to get more attention. :thumbsup:

thanks.

2. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

No. But you can use a fire golem who's built in aura attracts more attention than he'll ever want.

3. gravitysrainbow

yeah..but he doesn't make them all clayey and slow. or whatever hitting a creture made of clay is supposed to do to make one slower.

4. bill_n_opus

bill_n_opus IncGamers Member

You'll just have to adjust your skill at placing an Attract curse on a monster that's close to your Clay Golem ... or throw in a Decrepify curse as well. That will slow them down too. :thumbsup:

5. Nightfish

The clay golem can only slow a single monster which makes absolutely no difference when you're not fighting any act bosses or the ancients.

6. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

I'm almost 100% sure that thew Clay Golem will slow more than 1 monster at a time...I tried testing it and it really looked as though more than 1 monster was slowed, although I'm really bad at testing:(

7. Nightfish

Well, obviously he doesn't last as long since he pisses people off with his fire aura. That is the whole point of using this golem... >_<

8. Harleyquin

Harleyquin IncGamers Member

I believe this thread is best answered in the necromancer forum, there's even a sticky on golem FAQs

9. DX-Crawler

DX-Crawler Banned

Why should it be answered in the necromancers forum when there is all knowledge in the world over here.

Don't see a problem that the question is asked here.

DX

10. Harleyquin

Don't misunderstand me, but the answer to the original question can be found in the Necromancer forum golem faq which is stickied. Plenty of experts can be found in either forum but since the question is necromancer-specific I just thought it would be best to pose the question there. No offence intended if I belittled any forum user's intelligence.

11. gravitysrainbow

well, sure.

but i wanted an answer and this seems to be where most people are congregating. i also see a lot of misc. character/tactic/what do you think etc. type questions listed here so i didn't think i would stepping on anyone's toes.

That said, if there's one thing i pick up on round here is that folks are WAY into the forum rules, as recently displayed when some guy (who was probably just a kid) got fully hosed for asking about the komodo mod in a less than intelligent fashion, for asking about a hack etc...or i guess they are referred to as mods here;no, i don't know what that mod is and no i don't alter the game like that.

I was also takin' a break from the game and thought a quick chat would be nice. Besides, never know what else you might learn in the course of someone's response as many of you seem quite seasoned. Finally, i'm not always answering the questions! But searching existing theads my not be as bountiful.

I'm new here and the boat's not mine to rock. Seems like a lot of people have put substantial effort into this forum, and i can respect that. I'll post char. specific next time. :clap:

12. bill_n_opus

bill_n_opus IncGamers Member

You can ask any question you want here short of the forum rules of course ... please feel free.

The way I see it us SPF'ers have a vast and encompassing knowledge of D2 so why the heck not? SPF means just that ... it's a forum for single players that play all kinds of chars.

On the other hand, it would make sense to post char-specific ... but it's not necessary IMO. Harleyquin did mention that there was a Golem FAQ/forums and that's cool too.

Bottom line: post it here and take it from there.

At least i'll see the post and i'll probably respond since I consider myself a necro first. I don't post much at the necro forum but I do peruse there from time to time. The SPF is where it's at for me.

We won't all bite your head off. :thumbsup:

13. gravitysrainbow

Thanks, Bill. I hope no one bites my head off- i use it frequently and besides, i can be toothy myself. ;)

A necro first..interesting comment. I like all the friends but i'm a either a sorc or an assassin first. Granted, I'm only half way through my first focused nec build, but i'm just not impressed with the killing power. that will definitely change in the 60's, but until then the jury's still out.

And...is the PD bug mod still in affect? I'm dumpin points into it and i just thought i'd be hitting more. This is important as my end wep will not be a dagger and i need that AR.

Oh crap. was that OT too?

Signed,

Slow Learner :rolleyes:

14. frosty

frosty IncGamers Member

I would just like to add that his original question about Golems and Attract wasn't addressed by the golem FAQ. At least it wasn't when I was looking through it. :p

Anyway, the SPF experiences a much higher traffic as compared to other forums, so posting questions here should get a faster reply.

Feel free to post questions here as long as they are remotely related to SP. :uhhuh:

15. PyroStock

PyroStock IncGamers Member

PD bug doesn't work anymore. You may get the LCS to say it gives you an AR boost, but the fact is if you are not using a dagger you get no AR boost.

16. Harleyquin

When I referred to the original question to the golem FAQ I was sure that the answer could be found there. Since it isn't, I'll provide an answer.

All curses can only be cast on hostile characters or players, hence your own attract curse will not target a golem ever. Golems can be attracted by the curse cast by Overseers (whip-wielding enemies in act 5).

Regarding the poison dagger bug, again the necromancer forum had a thread on this somewhere either in the stickied posts or amongst the general posts. I remember the discussion concluding that the poison dagger "bug" no longer applies in 1.10. So gravityrainbow may be out of luck if he/she switches away from the dagger :(

17. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

Maybe Demon Limb on switch is an option? The strength requirement is pretty high, like 131 or something, but I'm addicted to the AR boost.

- Noodle

18. frosty

frosty IncGamers Member

Get something with Ignore Target Defense on it. Demon Limb and Lava Gout is useful for their enchanting abilities.

Some specifics will be nice. What build are you making? And what end game weapon are you planning on?

@Noodle: Demon limb is 133 str requirement btw.

19. gravitysrainbow

I'm a He.

Well, then i guess i won't be wading into the fray for very much longer. and Kbob's Commando Mancer guide needs to be updated, as it asserts that the AR bonus is still working.

crap.

20. gravitysrainbow

Specifics- ok...

It's a meleemancer who's going to use a Beast RW. Homon for a shield, Chains of honor armor..i think..not sure yet...Bramble on the merc, gloves- don't know yet, Marrowwalk boots, not sure about the belt either...Helm, not sure but probably Delirium. If not on me then on my merc for sure.

I'm maxing skeles and mastery, got one in CG, GM, and some in SR.
    One in um...Revive.

The ***** is the 12 in PD.... :(