Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Attn: Europe players

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Big Boss, Aug 29, 2006.

1. Big Boss

Big Boss IncGamers Member

Attn: Europe players

First of all, I do not intend to flame or start a flame war. I have a big issue with the major lack of genoristy on the Europe realm. I would like to know why everyone I come into contact with in a game seems so self-centered.

I come from USWest, and seldomly when I have r/d i come to Europe to kill time. I built a half decent sorc to mf with, and after a long break from the realm I decided to make a smiter as well. I can play 2 characters at a time, but my sorc can't rush a whole game. I've been stuck on act 3 trav for a while, and when I make a game asking for help, nobody joins. Or if they join they don't help. High lvls mf the game; I finally completed trav, which was pretty pathetic considering the potential of the people in the game if they worked together...I asked for some help since my sorc could't do it alone. There was a lvl 70 necro, a couple lvl 80+ and a lvl 92 sin. The lvl 70 necro gave me a LOL when I said I couldn't kill cold immunes and needed help. Fortunately he left soon after that, and after a minute or so the other ppl got their lazy asses out of town and came to help me. When I went to kill meph with my sorc, someone already killed him, I'm guessing the lvl 92 sin who wasn't in the party.

Does no one from Europe care about giving back to people just starting out or could use a few minutes of their time to get a quest done? A minute ago I just saw someone else in a "Help Act 3" game, it was up for 17 minutes and the lvl 56 sorc was still waiting there with nothing done.

Last night I spent a good hour or so on USWest helping people do ancients, or get through an act, even the whole game. I am doing well on that realm, and it's my way of giving back to the community, since a few dedicated minutes of my time and little effort can really make someone's day. Most of the time when I join a help game theres already a lvl 90+ in there helping out, and from what I've seen there's a lot more help games in USWest than in Europe.

It seems like there's a lot of people here that play on the Europe realm; I'd like to know why the largest realm has such a lack of community within the game itself. Is it because everyone is only interested in the trade games that spam the join list? A language barrier? Or is everyone too concerned about themselves to make the game enjoyable for others?

Discuss.

2. TheBhoy

TheBhoy IncGamers Member

I have never played anywhere but europe but today i started out my new pali and have had him rushed to lvl60. some people from here and some form bnet.

I think every realm has its 'noobs' - u can put a 'k' in front of that if you wish but there are still some ok folk out there. luck of draw i guess.

3. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster IncGamers Member

I've never played beyond Europe, so I don't know how the lists and people in the other realms are.

But, most people in Europe I've seen are youngsters, and only out for profit etc.

My group of friends has always been small, because I'd like to work together, receive favours, and return the favours, and don't be ...... about lending a certain item or helping out with a new something to try etc.

I just ignore the majority, I make my mf games non-passworded just so people can join and ask questions. As long as they're polite, I'll help them / answer their question, but most of the time, I just have to ignore them because they're ..............................

4. gruenbaer

gruenbaer IncGamers Member

Hi Big Boss,
    last night I spent some hours helping other players with lower characters completing quests - as regulary. On Europe. Hard Core.
    All gamers I know hardly ever join open games. To avoid playerkillers, hacker and cheater we all just play private games. Open games are often flooded with them, also with bots, item-shop adds etc. Players in open games are automatically suspected to be playerkillers and cheaters. Joining open games means you most likely don't have a community to play with, meaning either nobody wants you because you cheat or you are looking for victims or you are just a beginner who will learn fast. So sorry, but that's been the situation on Europe for quite a while now.
    So, if you want to play save and in good company on Europe, look up some fansites and find out where they meet. :smiley:

5. frish

frish IncGamers Member

i guess you're just never online when i am :wink3:

but seriously: i avoid public games because of all those kiddies.
    it's really hard to find nice people out there!
    i have a very small fl, playing mostly in private games with my friends.

if you need anything, i'd be glad to help you out...

6. sirwhere

sirwhere IncGamers Member

hey big boss, friendly people and idiots are everywhere. Europe is no different from other realms. The only difference there is people tend to speak different languages, but the players minds are the same all around the world.

7. SpaceFalcon

SpaceFalcon IncGamers Member

I've only played USWEST. But I don't know what is worse

Selfish people in europe
    Or
    The 11 year olds on USWEST who constantly say mom jokes on chat?

8. MaxMax

MaxMax IncGamers Member

......sympathy :hanky:

I tend to help out people alot, often when I get annoyed no one is helping me, I start looking for all travi/meph or ancient games I can find and help out people.... some what hoping that will provide a better environment for some one to help me.

It ain't working so far...:sad2:

9. brualness

brualness Banned

hello
    i play europe and am happy 2 help how ever i can

and big boos u got 2 rember the time diffronts when u on there no so menny ppl in europe

10. bg1256

bg1256 IncGamers Member

I have never played Europe before, but I've had similar things happen on Bnet.

I guess you can never just assume that someone will help you. And it never hurts to ask in the player matchup forum. I've received much help there!

11. kvark

kvark IncGamers Member

Most ppl in europe are selfish assholes.
    i am sry to say that but its true.
    I asked help to kill mephisto and answer is "i want hf for that" or "give me ist/5pgems" and that was nightmare meph. my first chara in that realm.
    i tried to help other people in europe, but if i try to give items (like +2 sorc skills,
    +3 fire mastery) to hydra/fb guy, he said that he dont take it, because he knows that i want something back. I tried to say that it is gift, then he left the game. I have many examples. starting in uswest or east in next ladder

12. jimmah

jimmah IncGamers Member

I've spent hours helping people for free. I almost never get the favor returned, but I don't care. With my last java ama I did about 35-40 ancients games and 20 diablo kills in nightmare. I also give items to people if they seem nice and don't beg like crazy.