Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Attention all IG users!!

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Fearoth, Feb 10, 2004.

1. Fearoth

Fearoth IncGamers Member

Attention all IG users!!

How often does your IG die or get lost being trapped around a corner or something like that? I'm planning to make an ultimate summoner and to avoid the need of me actually holding a beast weapon for my minions to take advantage of the fanat aura, i'm planning to create an iron golem out of it and use king leoric wand :). Chance of golem dying will be minimized due to me boosting golem mastery and blood golem synergy for 5% life bonus per lvl as well as using a CTA weapon.However if golems still get mysteriously lost stuck around corners this will not be very viable... So i want some feedback on how often that can usually happen. (keep in mind my nec will have teleport).

2. TCO

TCO IncGamers Member

I've an IG created with Beast.. Only 1 point in to mastery and 1 in IG, with +skills i reach 11 for each one.. No problem to keep alive this golem and the aura is really great for all your summons that deal physical damage.. :thumbsup:

3. GenXCub

GenXCub IncGamers Member

It won't get lost around corners... only revives do that now. Everything else teleports to you (I've never lost my clay golem that way).

However, remember that act bosses do 10X damage to minions, so don't take him on boss runs in hell.

4. TCO

TCO IncGamers Member

I take him every time against Meph hell .. :uhhuh: He never takes a bit of damage.. and with his chance to crushin' blow the kill is faster..

5. Mr Evil

Mr Evil IncGamers Member

I've lost my clay golem many times from running too fast. I seem to have lost skeletons too, but then again sometimes they just disappear for no good reason anyway.

6. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

Depending on how many summonings you have your IG CAN get lost, although you'd have to have 20+ mefinks from testing, so if you're gonna do beast IG I'd suggest only using skellies with 'im.

Good luck, and I'd pump golem mastery if I were you :p

Oh, and for the sake of your item don't die ;)

7. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

And what to think of the ever popular "Realm Down" message?

8. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

I like it tons.

HoS

9. Fearoth

Fearoth IncGamers Member

Thanks for your feedback, I think ill just go the crazy route and make beast IG.. Not only does an axe wielding necro looks kinda out of place but I'd gain some sweet skills from leoric as well ~~. Anyway dying isnt an option anyhow since i only play hc :)

10. Mad Mantis

He! My Meleemancer resents that remark. :rant:

11. Dragonmaster

Dragonmaster IncGamers Member

Wow IG beast doesn't sound like a terrible idea.

1.Could you use summon charges on metalgrid to make it and then take metalgrid off or would you lose it?
    2.If you have a point in IG would you still lose it? (kinda like buffing skels i mean)
    3.Would a metalgrid made IG have the bonuses from your gol mastery?
    4.Is metalgrid very rare (never really cared about it before now)

just wondering

12. Invictus_prime

Invictus_prime IncGamers Member

If you are crazy rich and are going to use a Beast IG, why not go with Exile and wield Beast? Would that not be better for you and your skellies anyway?

13. CyberHawk

CyberHawk IncGamers Member

Well I would take off those r/w charms then. Casue I've outran mine all the time. Seesh, I shiver to think of such a beast..er goelm.:)

14. Mad Mantis

1) You would probably loose the IG, because you can't summon an IG and the thing that grants you the skills is removed. So when the game does a check you will loose the IG.

2) Don't think you will loose it this time. Since you have the skill. As seen with the Skellies and Pre-buffing the game only checks to see if the number of minions is correct. It doesn't check the stats those minions should have.

3) The same way as with Marrowwalk I think. If you have no points in IG then the Metalgrid will function just like the boost, thus giving and recieving bonusses. Haven't tested this, but it seems logical since it works this way with Carrion Wind.

4) Dont know.

15. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

1. Just as MM said, yes
    2. What MM said probably. I'll test it (good idea btw :) )
    3. Yes, it will. I have a metalgrid and I played around with it and a skelimancer that only used CG. The Marrowalk thing applies here, and the IG from the 'grid gains the mastery (this is what the "marrowalk bug" was designed to do, let the charges and real skills have synergies with each other. Check patch.txt in your diabloii folder) Also, not very useful but fun to note is the fact that my clay golem had a lvl 22 IG synergy when wearing this thing :p (I had not invested in iron golem)
    4. It's ladder-only, and it's item level is 85. www.d2data.net states that it has a rarity of 2, which if I'm not mistaken classifies it as the rarest amulet in the game.

I do have one thing to say about it. That IG does not follow you from game to game. This may be a bug, and I don't know if it behaves this way if you have a point into it or not, but w/o a point into it it doesn't follow you, I know that for a fact. So I'll test it and report back here about the point into IG thing, but until a new patch comes out something like a beast runeword should not be used on a metalgrid IG.