Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Attaining wealth.

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Phyrexial, Jun 18, 2005.

1. Phyrexial

Phyrexial IncGamers Member

Attaining wealth.

Okay, so I want to make one last character before I quit D2 for good and it's a BvC barb. Things I'm going to need to get my hands on that I don't already have are mainly high runes (2 Bers), Grief zerker, and a ton of damage/ar/lifer charms. The rest I can manage.

So given that goal and the fact that all my mules minus my main accounts expired, how would you guys recomend to me to put together enough wealth (East Ladder obviously for the Grief, NL for anything else since it's probably cheaper there) to afford this? I have some very well equipped MF sorcs on both L and NL and I can throw together a pretty decent Hammerdin for rush if my Bone necro isn't fast enough.

These are the "Get rich quick" schemes/plans that I've been considering:

- Rush my own mules for runes. This takes awhile and is unreliable in getting higher runes but is the slow and steady approach. I have 3 sets of keys available to me and the computers to make this possible and it takes me roughly 3-4 hours to get 2 lvl 1 mules to act4 Hell.

- Make a goldfind barb and run Trav for loads of gold, then gamble in the hopes of an incredibly good rare I can trade for loads of HRs. This is basically playing the lottery over and over and hoping to get lucky.

- Go back to MFing Pindle/Meph/Andy and hoping to find a good unique worth trading. I've done this alot in the past and has proven less than fruitful for the purpose of getting into the HR economy that has been my bane for so long.

2. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

i would probably do the hellforge rushes.

gambling wont get you anywhere.. i've been gambling since i started playing and nothing worth more than like pul. o.0

mfing would be ok but as you said, those uniques just aren't worth as much now with all the hr dupage and rw's, especially not now with reset in sight. you'd have to hope for something godly like pgriffins, and thats almost as unlikely as option 2. o.0

3. Phyrexial

That's somewhat discouraging since my last batch of 2 mules netted Lem+Pul from Hell and Hel+Sol from NM.

4. oscarmk1

oscarmk1 IncGamers Member

Well is this in ladder or in non ladder?, anyway the max/ar/life charms are hard to come by and expensive. Anyway what i do to get wealthy is run baal a lotttttttt in ladder hehe, he drops me pro stuff from time to time, but imo the most important thing to get wealthy is being on the trade channels as often as possible, there are sometimes some deals that will make you win BIG.

5. gorey

gorey IncGamers Member

I often end up with 90 or so pgems every 2 weeks from mfing. Usually takes a total of 5 minutes to find someone to trade a mal for them. So hang onto thos pgems whether you are doing forges or mf runs and trade them out in bulk.

*captainsham

6. Skinnayman

Skinnayman IncGamers Member

Mf and Trading although not reliable that seems to be the best way I say this because rushing mules, ive done this but at around a half hour a mule which is alot better then 3-4 hours. If you mf that 3-4 hours theres "greater chance" I would think to get something worth more then you would find from the forges. Even that is luck you could get 6 ists in arow or 6 hels in arow. I guess the main thing is which way is more enjoyable to you both ways have a positive and negative and both could turn out bad or good if I was in your situation good chance id pick mfing mainly because its more enjoyable then spending 3-4 hours to rush two mules.

7. Lyrs

Lyrs IncGamers Member

Do you rush in LoD or classic? It usually takes less than 2 hours to rush on Classic. Also, if you're interested, I could help with the rushing, provided I get to bring in one of my chars to get the needed quests. Having two people run around clearing and setting up TPs makes things a lot faster.

Gold Find = notta. It'll take you longer than 2 hrs to find one single good item to trade for a comparable hell rush forge.

Items = For all i know, the first drop glitch does not work with Hell Baal, although I have had suspicious drops that could be. It's unreliable or unproven at the best. However, it does work with Hell diablo.

8. Phyrexial

I'm rushing in LoD, on East Ladder. It takes considerably longer for me because my wireless is a piece of crap so I'm working with practically 56k conditions on a cable modem. (200-400 ping) This will change in 2 months when I'm back in college, but Ladder will most likely have reset by that time and I'm guessing Grief's are going to cost an arm and a leg. If I can just get the Grief Zerker then I can work on the rest later.

9. Cooked

Cooked IncGamers Member

I have two computers. It takes me about 1 hour and 20 minutes to rush to hell forge. I do Not have MH. I do have classic sorc which gets me past Normal Baal but not strong enough to do classic hell. The one good thing about forge is you always get something. It gets boring when you get several poor drops in a row but then comes the Pul, Ko, Gul, Um run and whee! it feels good.

I would change it up though...Forge, then some Mephy the some Baal. Then maybe some pits and cows for socketables. There is just no way to do it FAST and still be honest. Trading is good too but also hard to find profitable trades.

10. Phyrexial

Well, I figured out what is wrong with my wireless connection and increased the speed by about 10 fold so things should be looking up if I choose to continue that. I'm thinking of just doing that for a little bit with some MF on the side until I have enough to start trading.