Attacker takes damage of..? How does it work

Jozzy

Diabloii.Net Member
Attacker takes damage of..? How does it work

As topic says, I'm wondering about how Attacker takes damage is calculated ?
Say I use Spike Thorn Elite Unique Blade Barrier:

Defense: 325.6-410 (varies)(Base Defense: 147-163)
Required Level: 70
Required Strength: 118
Chance to Block: Pal: 50%, Ama/Asn/Bar: 45%, Dru/Nec/Sor: 40%
Durability: 333
Paladin Smite Damage: 26 To 40
+120-150% Enhanced Defense (varies)
+30% Faster Hit Recovery
Damage Reduced By 15-20% (varies)
+ (1.375 Per Character Level) Attacker Takes Damage of 1-136 (Based On Character Level)
Socketed (1)

If the attacker would take damage of, say 100, does it then mean that he gets 100 dmg or 100% of his own damage or how is it calculated ?

Thank you in advance :)

Orphan

Diabloii.Net Member
The "Attacker takes damage" modifier on items do not work as a %. They're straight numbers. So if it says that attackers take damage of 100, then they'll take 100 physical damage (unless specifically listed otherwise as elemental).

And to answer your next question, yes it's as useless as it sounds :wink3:

Jozzy

Diabloii.Net Member
Alright thanks. I was afraid that 100 straight damage was the answer :/

My friend was was talking about making a Paladin who use thorns and wanted to stack up on "monster-hit-you-and-it-takes-damage" -items and asked me about this item. But its unuseful then :)

basketofchicken

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Attacker takes damage of..? How does it work

Does the damage done to the enemy count as a hit? I'm wondering if conversion and "attacker takes dmg of" could work to have a higher conversion rate.

kestegs

D3 Monk Moderator
No, conversation will only work when you are actually attacking with it. In your case the monster is attacking you.

BobCox2

Diabloii.Net Member

SMACK THE F OUT OF Jozzy

Yeah You don't got no F in your name anymore.

Did you not Feel the Damage as it occurred?

You must have gone into shock.

MUST KEEP KILLING

Sorry that's just how I play. :D

LOL - :D Sorry visiting from off - topic

Damage vs what?

I will say that on a statistic basis back in the day of bugged -skills hacks I saw thorns kill screens of cows and protect everyone in the party.

so the graphic and the power is there in game but they are not mixing it up that way.

Last edited:

Kijya

Diabloii.Net Member

I swear BobCox2 is drunk or high on drugs every day.
I can't help but think you're right ...

In my opinion a small amount of "Attacker takes damage of" can have some merit on poison using pvp characters, but other then that it's not worth taking a hit for the low damage numbers it can provide.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator

I can't help but think you're right ...
The amount of drunk posts made by me is probably underestimated :azn:. BTW, I never moderate while being tipsy!

I like the "attacker takes damage of 32" offered by Sigon's set (20 from the armor plus something else and another 12 from the complete set). That's a real killer in normal mode :).