Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

attack rating and multi-shot

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by DemonFrenzy, Jun 28, 2005.

1. DemonFrenzy

DemonFrenzy IncGamers Member

attack rating and multi-shot

okay so i've decided to make a multi-shot zon 'cause i've heard they're fun and all that good stuff. i'm going to have a lot of dexterity and enough strength for my equipment, so my attack rating should be good. but what i was wondering is: if i'm using multi-shot will points in penetrate help me hit more targets, or does attack rating not affect multi-shot's to hit percentage. thanks

2. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

Penetrate will improve Multishot attack rating and is definitely a skill worth maxing. More ar is always useful, not much else to say.

3. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

ar is irrelevant for ms. the way it works is that if several arrows pass through a single target, only one is allowed to hit. if the first one doesn't hit, the 2nd gets a chance, then the third, etc. also, if the arrow hits or misses and pierces, the cycle begins again with the next monster. go ahead and try it. ms will hit at seemingly much higher rates than displayed ar.

note: i get the best results with 3-5 multishot, assuming +5-7 from skills. after 12 or so arrows, you can't keep up mana vs a single target.

[edit] pierce > penetrate for ms. however, if you are using buriza, you get 100% pierce for free. also, if you are using razortail or any other xbow with the piercing mod (only buriza gives 100%,) you only need @7 pierce after skills to get 100%.