Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Atma's ammy isn't cutting it, should i switch to highlords?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by p3zm45t3r, Sep 4, 2006.

1. p3zm45t3r

p3zm45t3r IncGamers Member

Atma's ammy isn't cutting it, should i switch to highlords?

I currently have a lvl 60ish bowazon in hell, and she kills alright, but the atmas really doesnt trigger enough to make a difference as far as i can see.

im using an upped 198% buriza, atmas, war travs & fort for damage, everything else is mf.

valk is maxed, crit, d/e/a are around 50%, multi is 15 and ive been putting points into penetrate.

like i said, i can kill ok, but my main reason for using atmas was to help deal with PI's. Since it triggers rarely, it doesnt actually help.

i was wondering if i should switch to highlords for some DS and start investing points into cold arrow or magic arrow to help with PIs?

thanks

2. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

with multi shot, amp only has a chance to proc on the middle two arrows...atmas is a piece of bling for a strafer...cold should be your best bet for taking out PI's if a buriza is your end game weapon.

3. p3zm45t3r

p3zm45t3r IncGamers Member

ah, ty for exposing my ignorance!:thumbsup:

should i perhaps rebuild and make a strafer?

4. Tim B

Tim B IncGamers Member

buriza is to slow for a strafer really. if you gonna stick with buriza, than i'd suggest a build something like ~10 or so in multi (enough to get a good spread of arrows, but doesn't drain you of mana to quickly), max freezing arrow, and cold arrow (the synergy that gives dmg to freezing arrow), then distribute skills across your passive skills, a good few in crit strike, enough with plus skills to get lvl 17 valk, whatever you feel comfortable in dodge skills, and stock up on max/ar charms. highlords or cats eye for amu.

5. LRSAIA

LRSAIA IncGamers Member

Put a reaper's toll on your merc if you have one. Takes his survival rate through the roof and will break many PI's. Although, if you are only 60 in hell you may have a tough time hitting enemies due to the level difference. You may want to stay in NM until 70 or so minimum since you are not a caster. Esp. with buriza which has a relativelys slow rate of fire.... 8 player baal runs in NM will get you to 75 with little trouble. Then go back to hell and you should find yourself in a bit better position.